LeBron James has surpassed Kobe Bryant for third spot on the NBA's all-time playoffs scoring list
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NBAFAN24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: LeBron James has surpassed Kobe Bryant for third spot on the NBA's all-time playoffs scoring list

At this rate, he'll probably surpass MJ if the Cavs make it back to the finals this year. Without a doubt, the only players who have an argument over him for greatest player ever at this point are MJ and Kareem.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:30 am    Post subject:

LeBron megastan awakes from its 2 year slumber to celebrate. Congrats little buddy!
NBAFAN24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
LeBron megastan awakes from its 2 year slumber to celebrate. Congrats little buddy!

You sound salty as hell. I feel your pain. It's not easy accepting another player being greater than your favorite player, but reality always win.

Last edited by NBAFAN24 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

^lol

no doubt that, lebron is something else..i've learned to appreciate him these past couple seasons while i hated him in his prime. i feel like those kobe haters who hated him during HIS prime and then learned to appreciate him later in his career..and they all felt regret that they didnt truly get to witness his prime...i kinda feel the same with lebron
NBAFAN24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
^lol

no doubt that, lebron is something else..i've learned to appreciate him these past couple seasons while i hated him in his prime. i feel like those kobe haters who hated him during HIS prime and then learned to appreciate him later in his career..and they all felt regret that they didnt truly get to witness his prime...i kinda feel the same with lebron

Yep. Kobe will always be the greatest all-around scorer ever no matter what the stats say, but I've never seen a more complete all-around player like LeBron. I don't know if it's just me, but Westbrook and Harden just don't seem to have that "IT" factor that LeBron has, Kobe had, etc.They're great players who can put up big numbers, but LeBron and Kobe has/had that "superhero" aura about them that I don't see from those guys.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:

You sound salty as hell. I feel your pain. It's not easy accepting another player being greater than your favorite player, but reality always win.

Not salty, but happy that you found a place to celebrate!
NBAFAN24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:

Thanks. I'm still celebrating and so should you. Up next, Mr. Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
I don't know if it's just me, but Westbrook and Harden just don't seem to have that "IT" factor that LeBron has, Kobe had, etc.They're great players who can put up big numbers, but LeBron and Kobe has/had that "superhero" aura about them that I don't see from those guys.

The "superhero aura" only comes from winning rings.
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

Where are all the haters who said his body would break down after he loses his athleticism? These same people said everything he has done in this league has been due to his freakish athleticism. No doubt he is still athletic, but you can tell the guy will adjusts his game as he gets older.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

He should thank the leastern conference for sucking for so many years forming the perfect gravelly road for him to steam roll.

Congrats Bronzy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject:

Congrats to LeBron. He turned a corner (after the loss in the first Miami season) and both his mentality and skill set have come to match his talent. I don't care who's greater than who, he's in the all time great discussion at the upper tier, and he deserves it. And I'm not even really a fan. That said, it doesn't detract a whit from what guys line Russell, bird, magic, Shaq, kobe, Jordan, etc., did in their eras, which is why as long as they are all grouped up top, who cares where someone else orders them from top to bottom?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Where are all the haters who said his body would break down after he loses his athleticism? These same people said everything he has done in this league has been due to his freakish athleticism. No doubt he is still athletic, but you can tell the guy will adjusts his game as he gets older.

The guy also just has a ridiculously high basketball IQ, handles, and passing ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Congrats to LeBron. He turned a corner (after the loss in the first Miami season) and both his mentality and skill set have come to match his talent. I don't care who's greater than who, he's in the all time great discussion at the upper tier, and he deserves it. And I'm not even really a fan. That said, it doesn't detract a whit from what guys line Russell, bird, magic, Shaq, kobe, Jordan, etc., did in their eras, which is why as long as they are all grouped up top, who cares where someone else orders them from top to bottom?

Agreed with the above. The players you mentioned (plus Kareem, Wilt and Tim Duncan) are all clustered in the Top 10/12 for me. The accomplishments of any of them don't diminish the accomplishments of the others.

LeBron seems like he's teetering in this awkward space where he's capable of some exceptional performances (e.g., last night), but also the inevitable march toward decline we all know is around the corner (and truth be told, it's probably already begun in earnest without us truly appreciating the degree of decline) ... I'm of the mind that each game we see like last night, the needle surges forward a bit more. I just don't think he can keep this up ...
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

I'm not really one of the people you're talking about, but I did think that there was a strong likelihood that his knees would start to go due his bulk. This has not happened yet. His health has been freakish.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:
I don't know if it's just me, but Westbrook and Harden just don't seem to have that "IT" factor that LeBron has, Kobe had, etc.They're great players who can put up big numbers, but LeBron and Kobe has/had that "superhero" aura about them that I don't see from those guys.

The "superhero aura" only comes from winning rings.

In the end, this! ^^^

Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain

And Vecsey is the most stupid of them all!!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Max Kellerman made a good argument today on First Take as to why LBJ should be the MVP. He said he could be every year but Michael Jordan could have been every year also.

Harden and Westbrook are great players but they're not on a Kobe, Michael, Magic, Bird and like, level. LeBron is.

I think the MVP should be given at regular seasons end. If Harden sends Westbrook home will that give him the edge?

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Agreed with the above. The players you mentioned (plus Kareem, Wilt and Tim Duncan) are all clustered in the Top 10/12 for me. The accomplishments of any of them don't diminish the accomplishments of the others.

LeBron seems like he's teetering in this awkward space where he's capable of some exceptional performances (e.g., last night), but also the inevitable march toward decline we all know is around the corner (and truth be told, it's probably already begun in earnest without us truly appreciating the degree of decline) ... I'm of the mind that each game we see like last night, the needle surges forward a bit more. I just don't think he can keep this up ...

Inevitably, every player gets old and retires. That's simply a fact of life. You never know exactly how someone will decline or if they will get injured, but right now there isn't a reason to think Lebron can't continue at his current level for another 2-3 years.

At age 39, Karl Malone was still putting up 21-8-5, and while it's impossible to predict 7 years out it wouldn't shock me to see Lebron doing something like that.

I think it's really a question of whether he gets an injury than a matter of a natural physical decline, but that's what does in most players.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
^lol

Yep. Kobe will always be the greatest all-around scorer ever no matter what the stats say, but I've never seen a more complete all-around player like LeBron. I don't know if it's just me, but Westbrook and Harden just don't seem to have that "IT" factor that LeBron has, Kobe had, etc.They're great players who can put up big numbers, but LeBron and Kobe has/had that "superhero" aura about them that I don't see from those guys.

I think Westbrook has that "IT" factor. He is competitive as hell and plays the game with this controlled agression or even anger that few have. If he played on an elite team he would start to have that kind of aura. Too bad he's already like 28 yrs old though. He needs help now like Kobe needed help now at the same age.
jestersmash
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Outside of lakersground lebron is pretty much unanimously considered at least top 6 or 7 all time.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

He'd be in the top 5 of career leaders in acting flops.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:

Thanks. I'm still celebrating and so should you. Up next, Mr. Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

Oh you're welcome. fwiw while I've always respected LeBron's achievements, I don't celebrate him, or with his needy, nomadic fans. Enjoy, fam.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
^lol

I think that Harden could get there. I read an article about him where he changed his mindset and is all bball while getting rid of peripheral things in his life that distracted him. Very Kobe-like.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:16 am    Post subject:

NBAFAN24 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
^lol

I think Westbrook does pretty much everything on the basketball court better than Lebron while being shorter.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:10 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
^lol

I think Westbrook does pretty much everything on the basketball court better than Lebron while being shorter.

dude what
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
NBAFAN24 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
^lol

My first thought was to chuckle, but I thought I'd be fair and see if maybe there was something there. So I started a list of things each does better to see which was longer. I started with Westbrook, and I'm still looking for item one of things he clearly does better than LeBron. Maybe push the ball consistently? I mean, he's not a better ballhandler, finisher, shooter, passer, defender (help or man), rebounder (of contested rebounds), and he doesn't know how to will a playoff team the way bron does.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: