2018 Scenario: Same Roster + Kevin Durant
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
I think it's a possibility. Like Lebron he felt the pressure of the championship and had to leave to get one. If they win this year do you sign for another 4 years or challenge yourself to be able to lead a team to a championship

Except Lebron felt like he had a moral obligation to come back to Cleveland along with the fact that Wade was quickly declining. Him leaving Miami was the right decision, not only because of winning a title in Cleveland but also because that Miami team was steadily aging.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
I think it's a possibility. Like Lebron he felt the pressure of the championship and had to leave to get one. If they win this year do you sign for another 4 years or challenge yourself to be able to lead a team to a championship

Except Lebron felt like he had a moral obligation to come back to Cleveland along with the fact that Wade was quickly declining. Him leaving Miami was the right decision, not only because of winning a title in Cleveland but also because that Miami team was steadily aging.

Really? I thought of Lebron returning to Cleveland as opportunistic more than some moral thing. I mean it seemed like he knew he could use all the cavs high draft picks to get him back to finals and win and he could sell it as "coming home."
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The Logo wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

Really? I thought of Lebron returning to Cleveland as opportunistic more than some moral thing. I mean it seemed like he knew he could use all the cavs high draft picks to get him back to finals and win and he could sell it as "coming home."

Eh maybe right decision was the wrong word, but him leaving Miami with a declining Wade and Bosh with future heart problems for Kyrie and Love definitely looks like a smart move, while being able to give his hometown a championship.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Logo wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

Eh maybe right decision was the wrong word, but him leaving Miami with a declining Wade and Bosh with future heart problems for Kyrie and Love definitely looks like a smart move, while being able to give his hometown a championship.

Definitely smart move for his title aspirations and legacy. Just didn't think it was out of the kindness of his heart or feeling bad for leaving Cleveland initially
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject:

admittedly from SAS, but he's said numerous times that should bron win in cleveland all bets are off for extended tenure there.

If it's not obvious that lebron will jump ship for greener pastures at anytime by now, then i guess he just needs todo it again to prove it?

"going home" was a sham cover story by coincidence; evidenced by lebrons passive threats about "changes" at every opportunity since.

I'm mostly interested to see how brons career ends up. If all his jumping doesn't equate to 5-6 like kobe/jordan it will be mind blowing to analyze against those 2 "long tenure" goat's.

Heavy food for thought for new superstars to weigh against the risk of shorter contracts in return for "control".
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
admittedly from SAS, but he's said numerous times that should bron win in cleveland all bets are off for extended tenure there.

If it's not obvious that lebron will jump ship for greener pastures at anytime by now, then i guess he just needs todo it again to prove it?

"going home" was a sham cover story by coincidence; evidenced by lebrons passive threats about "changes" at every opportunity since.

I'm mostly interested to see how brons career ends up. If all his jumping doesn't equate to 5-6 like kobe/jordan it will be mind blowing to analyze against those 2 "long tenure" goat's.

Heavy food for thought for new superstars to weigh against the risk of shorter contracts in return for "control".

Lebron is obsessed with this catching Jordan thing. He should have thought about that before the "decision." Many will always hold that against him even if he got to 6 or 7 championships. There is also the rest thing and the constant complaining/whining when his team plays like garbage which leads to the threats you mention.

Lebron is not loyal to anyone except Lebron. He was ready to dump Kevin love but now that bron bron is winning he's ok with love
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: 2018 Scenario: Same Roster + Kevin Durant

15 wrote:
Let's just say, hypothetically, KD leaves GSW for whatever reason. Maybe he wins the ring and wants to win on his own, maybe he wants to accomplish what Westbrook and Harden are doing etc.

But if KD had this roster, would he be as successful as Harden and Westbrook are right now? In other words, would we be a playoff team just with KD? Would he be as good as WB and Harden?

Let's assume we don't have the draft pick either and lose it to philly.

Same roster, with KD. Just curious to see how good people think KD would be on his own team

If KD wants to don the purple and gold, the Lakers should go all out. If we going to get the top pick, we are going to be a major player in the off season
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
15 wrote:
Do u guys still consider KD to be better than WB and Harden

1. Kevin Durant
2. James Harden
3. Russell Westbrook

In my opinion

+1
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
With KD, we could be a contender in 1-2 years. And I think Lakers are very attractive to him as it would be his team without any doubt, unlike with Warriors.

Another interesting scenario: wHat if the Warriors won and KD won the FMVP? Will Curry wants to move?

likely not, but i support this type of debate between kd/curry as with every post KLAY becomes more available.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
KD, Ingram, Clarkson, Zubac and Randle would be pretty formidable... they just need a decent point guard to run with.

You've held a grudge for 2 seasons now. It's pretty pathetic.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Definitely smart move for his title aspirations and legacy. Just didn't think it was out of the kindness of his heart or feeling bad for leaving Cleveland initially

Good point, him having the chance to win a title for Cleveland was probably more of a bonus rather than the primary motivation, which was jumping ship when Wade/Bosh were declining.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: