Dr. Michael Eric Dyson: "Kobe is the Greatest Basketball Player of All-Time"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject:

4 out of 5 doctor's agree
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:

And the 5th one is a crackpot who believes Jose Calderon bleeds purple and gold.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

The guy makes great bball analyses and vacuum cleaners.
KobeDGreatesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

He's right, the only thing that stopped Kobe was injuries and everyone knows this.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

KobeDGreatesss wrote:
He's right, the only thing that stopped Kobe was injuries and everyone knows this.

Age.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
Kobe is the GOAT if you appreciate beautiful basketball skills. He's also faced and defeated the most 50+ win teams in playoff history. The man had the strongest strength of schedule of any all time great and still manged to win 5 rings. Not mention 3 years of his peak were wasted with a GARBAGE roster consisting of Chucky Atkins, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown, etc.

yup. add Jim Jackson, Aaron Mckie, Vlade Divac - all signed to practically just sit on the bench to live out their last days in the NBA.

the fact that Kobe managed to win with Mitch's "talent acquisition skills" gets him GOAT status by default...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I have no idea who that is ... but I've always like him.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
The guy makes great bball analyses and vacuum cleaners.

Always liked Neil deGrasse Dyson. He played Red in Shawshank (fun fact).
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
focus wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dyson has no credibility in regards to sports.....his opinions are about as valuable as our in regards to the NBA.

So you have no credibility in regards to the NBA.

that is what I said....just a fans opinion full of bias

As opposed to the opinion of whom?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

Sounds to me that Dr. Dyson is a little too self-medicated.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

And the 5th one is a crackpot who believes Jose Calderon bleeds purple and gold.

Dude collected paycheck from 3 teams in 1 season
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
adkindo wrote:
focus wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dyson has no credibility in regards to sports.....his opinions are about as valuable as our in regards to the NBA.

Let's just be honest and say we don't actually care about the source validating the message and that we're actually using the message to validate the source.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Dyson has no credibility with regard to anything.

Yeah, they let anyone become sociology professors at Georgetown.

He is a Democratic establishment shill with little to no actual scholarly ability or talent. I happen to be quite familiar with his work.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject:

I actually have the same take. I like his vacuums.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
adkindo wrote:
focus wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Let's just be honest and say we don't actually care about the source validating the message and that we're actually using the message to validate the source.

If somebody follows basketball like really follows it in detail, then why would his opinion count less? I don't know the guy but just because he isn't a so called "expert" whatever that would actually entail when it comes to judging basketball talent, doesn't make his opinion less thought out or less credible. We all watched the same games and have different opinions on these things. I personally believe Kobe is the greatest basketball player of all time. I sit and watch Jordan games all the time and it just always looks like i'm watching a lesser version of Kobe. Jordan at the peak of his powers just doesn't quite touch Kobe at his peak.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:29 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
adkindo wrote:
focus wrote:
adkindo wrote:

If somebody follows basketball like really follows it in detail, then why would his opinion count less? I don't know the guy but just because he isn't a so called "expert" whatever that would actually entail when it comes to judging basketball talent, doesn't make his opinion less thought out or less credible. We all watched the same games and have different opinions on these things. I personally believe Kobe is the greatest basketball player of all time. I sit and watch Jordan games all the time and it just always looks like i'm watching a lesser version of Kobe. Jordan at the peak of his powers just doesn't quite touch Kobe at his peak.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:32 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Well if Dr. Miles Bennett Dyson says

I have detailed files.....
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject:

Is that the vaccum guy ?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject:

I appreciate how sincere Doc. Dyson is; I just believe he's sincerely wrong. Jellybean Bryant's boy was one of the greatest...ever. But, for me, watching the NBA for years, I'd take Jordan over everyone other than Kareem.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

Kobe never played for efficiency, as evidenced by him always taking the last quarter shots. Certain players are like that. He played his own way. Arguably the most skilled player ever. He also dealt with much more adversity on and off the court than Jordan tbh (changing roles, coaches, systems, etc).
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

I will wait until I hear what Jane Goodall and Neil deGrasse Tyson have to say on the matter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
adkindo wrote:
focus wrote:
adkindo wrote:

this is true. but thats because he didnt have to touch kobe's peak. he had lesser comp at his position. thats a fact. not his fault.

jordan and bron truthfully have the mike tyson affect. Sure they are killing their comp and part of that is because they are so great. but a lot of that is because their comp isnt nearly as good as Ali's or as good as Kobe's.

kobe by far had the hardest comp to deal with at SG/SF for his size athletic ability. Kobe by far had the hardest defenses to deal with since he had to deal with semi handchecking AND zones early on in his career. we know even though the handchecking rule changed while kobe played. they never changed it for Kobe himself. meaning. he still had to deal with 1998's armbarring that technically isnt legal in today's game + the zone. So when you get by your armbarring perimeter guy like tony allen. then you face marc gasol, zbo, and some other guy setting up a wall. some guy running underneath you trying to take a quick bs charge(thats legal nowadays, that was a block in jordan's day or a no call at worse, which benefits the offensive player.)

lets take a look at two games.
Kobe's 3pt record game vs seattle. look at how many of his 3's are with a real hand in his face and are off the dribble(more difficult than a catch and shoot with no one around).

vs Jordan's (big ole bucket game vs portland. no one is guarding mike out that far. i believe this is a year when the 3pt line was moved up a bit too(correct me if i'm wrong here.)

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Kobe never played for efficiency, as evidenced by him always taking the last quarter shots. Certain players are like that. He played his own way. Arguably the most skilled player ever. He also dealt with much more adversity on and off the court than Jordan tbh (changing roles, coaches, systems, etc).

this as well.

People do not realize how much easier jordan had it just by his coach giving him the green light all of the time to just be a scorer and only pass when necessary. Scottie's job was to facilitate the offense in all of those jordan ring years. He could also help on a great offensive player that may have been taller than MJ. since scottie was just as athletic but longer than mike.

Kobe never had that luxury. kobe was always the SG/PG who had to facilitate and "get his teammates involved." this was not jordan's job during those 6 ring years. that was scotties and kukoc's job.

There were games when phil told kobe to hit the MId post(where jordan lived) and let fisher/LO facilitate. Kobe would always drop crazy points with a high efficiency in those games. but that was not necessarily the best recipe for winning vs top level comp, especially not in the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Deathstroke wrote:
Kobe is the GOAT if you appreciate beautiful basketball skills. He's also faced and defeated the most 50+ win teams in playoff history. The man had the strongest strength of schedule of any all time great and still manged to win 5 rings. Not mention 3 years of his peak were wasted with a GARBAGE roster consisting of Chucky Atkins, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Kwame Brown, etc.

yup. add Jim Jackson, Aaron Mckie, Vlade Divac - all signed to practically just sit on the bench to live out their last days in the NBA.

the fact that Kobe managed to win with Mitch's "talent acquisition skills" gets him GOAT status by default...

I guess you mean Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Ron Artest, Trevor Ariza, Derek Fisher. Because that is who Kobe won with. And at least one of them will be in the HOF.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

this as well.

People do not realize how much easier jordan had it just by his coach giving him the green light all of the time to just be a scorer and only pass when necessary. Scottie's job was to facilitate the offense in all of those jordan ring years. He could also help on a great offensive player that may have been taller than MJ. since scottie was just as athletic but longer than mike.

Kobe never had that luxury. kobe was always the SG/PG who had to facilitate and "get his teammates involved." this was not jordan's job during those 6 ring years. that was scotties and kukoc's job.

There were games when phil told kobe to hit the MId post(where jordan lived) and let fisher/LO facilitate. Kobe would always drop crazy points with a high efficiency in those games. but that was not necessarily the best recipe for winning vs top level comp, especially not in the playoffs.

You guys...come on. Your looking for any and every angle to elevate Kobe and denigrate Jordan. Every thing here is just an opinion, including Dyson's. I love Kobe. I love the Lakers more. I love the truth most.

Just my opinion, but a man who played six less seasons, took off two years in the middle of his career, and still have one more championship than my Laker legend, is telling you he was on another level.

I'm curious if we'd be talking about the comparison if he had not taken those two years off, and the Bulls could have conceivably won at least one more championship. That would be seven championships, and again in six less seasons.

I'm a Laker fan, but I'm not blind.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 2 of 24
Jump to: