Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go4thaGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already ?

My boy who is a DIE HARD Lakers fan like us thinks we may already have and have the potential to gain (...if the pick is kept) younger versions of two players we would really like to see on our roster.

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Many here want the Lakers to pursue Jimmy Butler and or Paul George. But consider this...Couldn't one make the claim that Brandon Ingram is a very young (and skinny) version on Paul George with the potential to be a 2-way all star player? And if the Lakers are smart with their pick they'll strongly consider drafting Josh Jackson who in my eyes compares to a young version of Jimmy Butler with off the charts athleticism and defensive game.

Why not keep Ingram at SF, draft Jackson to play SG and build around a long athletic defensive team with developing offensive game?

Go Chargers!

Last edited by Go4thaGold on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

Go4thaGold wrote:
My boy who is a DIE HARD Lakers fan like us thinks we may already have younger versions of two players we would really like to see on our roster.

What do you guys think?

Quote:
Many here want the Lakers to pursue Jimmy Butler and or Paul George. But consider this...Couldn't one make the claim that Brandon Ingram is a very young (and skinny) version on Paul George with the potential to be a 2-way all star player? And if the Lakers are smart with their pick they'll strongly consider drafting Josh Jackson who in my eyes compares to a young version of Jimmy Butler with off the charts athleticism and defensive game.

Why not keep Ingram at SF, draft Jackson to play SG and build around a long athletic defensive team with developing offensive game?

They may, but doubt the Lakers wait 4-5 years (and missing playoffs until then) to find out.
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:
My boy who is a DIE HARD Lakers fan like us thinks we may already have younger versions of two players we would really like to see on our roster.

What do you guys think?

Quote:

They may, but doubt the Lakers wait 4-5 years (and missing playoffs until then) to find out.

Well we going to get our ass handed to us by the Warriors the next 4-5 years by going to the playoffs so we we're screwed regardless.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Well we going to get our ass handed to us by the Warriors the next 4-5 years by going to the playoffs so we we're screwed regardless.

I'm not so sure about that.

Dynasties like that tend to crumble after a 3-4 year run (look at the recent Lakers, HEAT, early 2000s Lakers). Too many games over too many years. I can see at least 2 years of being an absolute no brainer top contender, thereafter, anyone's guess.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Dynasties like that tend to crumble after a 3-4 year run (look at the recent Lakers, HEAT, early 2000s Lakers). Too many games over too many years. I can see at least 2 years of being an absolute no brainer top contender, thereafter, anyone's guess.

In a few years when Klay and then Green need new contracts, things become interesting in regards to roster depth and the luxury tax.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Let's call it in then.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
may

dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Wade got old, and his game was based largely on athleticism. Durant/Curry are 28, and their games are based on jumpshooting. They both should still be lethal at age 32. Klay/Green are 27.

Their #1 contender window is easily 4 years if health permits. They are a superteam of the highest order.
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Wade got old, and his game was based largely on athleticism. Durant/Curry are 28, and their games are based on jumpshooting. They both should still be lethal at age 32. Klay/Green are 27.

Their #1 contender window is easily 4 years if health permits. They are a superteam of the highest order.

I doubt it's 4 years. Cracks will open up when Klay/Dre Green are looking for new contracts. They both will deserve and will get max which is around 30m each
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

that's my point. Health. Teams like the Warriors play 20+ more games than a non playoff team. Those games, accounting for intensity level, probably are worth 1.5 regular season games. So over 4 years, you're already logging over a full NBA season in playoff games. Durant's been injured this year. Curry has had a history of it. It's pretty unprecedented to see what you are suggesting would be a 7 year run to the Finals for one team.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

that's my point. Health. Teams like the Warriors play 20+ more games than a non playoff team. Those games, accounting for intensity level, probably are worth 1.5 regular season games. So over 4 years, you're already logging over a full NBA season in playoff games. Durant's been injured this year. Curry has had a history of it. It's pretty unprecedented to see what you are suggesting would be a 7 year run to the Finals for one team.
It's rare because teams that good are tough to construct. But look at Jordan's Bulls. It can be done.

They have one of the best rosters ever constructed, and their top guys are all 27 and 28. This is rare, rare stuff.

Last edited by dao on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

It's rare because teams that good are tough to construct. But look at Jordan's Bulls. It can be done.

Why do you think Jordan took time off from the game?
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Exactly. This whole desire to trade any of zublocka dlo, Ingram, or if the lakers get the pick... the pick right now is crazy. I get one of nance and randle going because of overlap. I get clarkson going especially if you could do like a mozgov clarkson and 28 for Lopez kind of deal. That really helped a the lakers. But all PG and Butler do if the lakers clear the youth is get to the second round a few times In the next couple of years. GS is possibly the strongest dynasty in the modern era. They could lose 2 of their big 4 to injury today and still win out west

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Showtime__79
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already ?

Go4thaGold wrote:
My boy who is a DIE HARD Lakers fan like us thinks we may already have and have the potential to gain (...if the pick is kept) younger versions of two players we would really like to see on our roster.

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Your friend is a genius!!! Let's hope for some lotto luck and patient GM/president!/lakers fans
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

Chase.button07 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Let's call it in then.

Well I'm saying if don't figure out to beat GS in the playoffs then it will be a waste.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject:

If y'all think this is how Magic/Jeannie think, I think the upcoming summer will get a bit squeamish.

I don't think we should unload our young talent, but in trying to predict what Magic will do, I think he will.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dao wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Why do you think Jordan took time off from the game?

not because the playoffs were too long I reckon. This is what wikipedia says

Quote:
On October 6, 1993, Jordan announced his retirement, citing a loss of desire to play the game. Jordan later stated that the death of his father earlier in the year also shaped his decision.[54] Jordan's father was murdered on July 23, 1993, at a highway rest area in Lumberton, North Carolina, by two teenagers, Daniel Green and Larry Martin Demery, who carjacked the luxury vehicle. The assailants were traced from calls that they made on James Jordan's cellular phone.[55][56] The two criminals were caught, convicted at trial, and sentenced to life in prison. Jordan was close to his father; as a child he had imitated his father's proclivity to stick out his tongue while absorbed in work. He later adopted it as his own signature, displaying it each time he drove to the basket.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jordan#First_retirement_and_stint_in_minor_league_baseball_.281993.E2.80.931994.29
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

It's my own take, backed up by history, that dynasties that get to the Finals each year have a 3-4 year shelf-life due to wear/tear, injuries, salaries, etc.

Warriors are on year 3 of this quest, and we'll see if they will make 4 more Finals like you predict.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If y'all think this is how Magic/Jeannie think, I think the upcoming summer will get a bit squeamish.

I don't think we should unload our young talent, but in trying to predict what Magic will do, I think he will.

Agree wholeheartedly!

Would prefer they take another year of player additions and development. Then re-assess the potential and future before making the blockbuster move(s) I also expect.

Lakers have just begun to rebuild. First year after the influence of the KFT and with a new HC and system. First year of a new FO group and GM.

Show some patience and let it breathe!

Some of the young guys may surprise us all.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject:

The more I watch Jackson the more I think he can play the 2 in the NBA

So a young core

C- Zubac
PF - Nance
SF - Ingram
SG - Jackson
PG - D lo

I think could be very solid and on the defensive end in time would be tough with BI and Jax

If we keep the third pick I still see the Lakers moving Randle for a more natural 3 point scoring 4 whether it's a player in this draft or a player in the league, guess we'll see but any of Fultz, Jackson and I think Ball would be great additions
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree wholeheartedly!

Would prefer they take another year of player additions and development. Then re-assess the potential and future before making the blockbuster move(s) I also expect.

Lakers have just begun to rebuild. First year after the influence of the KFT and with a new HC and system. First year of a new FO group and GM.

True, but the single most reason Magic will make (love the word squeamish) huge moves is if he doesn't, he'll look like he's following the exact same course as Mitch & Jim.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

Let's revisit this on May 16
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree wholeheartedly!

True, but the single most reason Magic will make (love the word squeamish) huge moves is if he doesn't, he'll look like he's following the exact same course as Mitch & Jim.

i don't think that is even a thought in Magic's mind. Even if it were the damarcus situation disagrees with you.

What i think the most of fans can agree on is the all-star game is coming and its believable that both Jeanie/Magic feel most pressure to get a laker on the squad. For appearances, as hosts of the "show"...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree wholeheartedly!

i don't think that is even a thought in Magic's mind. Even if it were the damarcus situation disagrees with you.

What i think the most of fans can agree on is the all-star game is coming and its believable that both Jeanie/Magic feel most pressure to get a laker on the squad. For appearances, as hosts of the "show"...

Sadly that is why I am prepared for some major moves.

"appearances" over influencing sound basketball decisions.

Perhaps they have the vision, will and negotiating skills to turn the young assets into a competitive veteran team in one off-season. We shall see.

My concern remains what is the driving force behind any moves. Ego and business appearances or long term success. Jury is still out until they reveal their direction for the franchise.

To be clear, I have stated my preferred direction and and realize I may be completely misguided in choosing it.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already?

fontana3d wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
fontana3d wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

What do you guys think?

Quote:

Let's call it in then.

Well I'm saying if don't figure out to beat GS in the playoffs then it will be a waste.

Let's cancel the next 4-5 seasons!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: