Young Jimmy Butler and Paul George on Lakers already ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:
What’s Next For Paul George?
by Ryan Magdziarz @ RyanMagdziarz

NBA Trade Rumors: After falling victim to an embarrasing first round sweep, what’s next for Paul George?

http://sircharlesincharge.com/2017/04/25/nba-trade-rumors-paul-george-sweep/

Paul George for Julius and JC?

Do it Mitch ... ops, Magic

Yeah man, that is what I would be willing to give up to trade for him! This would be ideal.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:
by Ryan Magdziarz _at_ RyanMagdziarz

NBA Trade Rumors: After falling victim to an embarrasing first round sweep, what’s next for Paul George?

Yeah man, that is what I would be willing to give up to trade for him! This would be ideal.

That is a fantastic deal just for us.

I would be willing to move Dlo/2nd pick and Julius if that is the deal.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

*Kiss of death

Bulls aren't looking to trade Jimmy Butler, says team executive John Paxson
The drama surrounding the All-Star's future in Chicago continues

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/bulls-arent-looking-to-trade-jimmy-butler-says-team-executive-john-paxson/
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject:

What did Sac get from NO for Cousins?

They got Hield, Tyreke, Galloway, 2017 1st rounder and Philly's 2nd rounder for Cousins and Caspri.

2017 first round draft pick from New Orleans
New Orleans' 1st round pick to Sacramento protected for selection(s) 1-3 in 2017, 1 in 2018, 1 in 2019 and 1 in 2020 and unprotected in 2021 [New Orleans-Sacramento, 2/20/2017]

2017 second round draft pick from Philadelphia
Philadelphia's 2017 2nd round pick to Sacramento (via New Orleans) [New Orleans-Philadelphia, 12/24/2015; New Orleans-Sacramento, 2/20/2017]

I'd say PG13 would require more than that.

I say Tyreke and Galloway and Caspri are throw-ins.
We need to match Hield/1st rounder/2nd rounder.

DLO/Randle for PG13 seems right
In my homer eyes.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:
by Ryan Magdziarz AT RyanMagdziarz

Wishful thinking because it enables us to keep the prizes both teams want in Russell & Ingram. I know they wouldn't accept that package, nor would they accept what I'd love for them to accept: Randle, JC, Houston's 28th pick.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:
by Ryan Magdziarz [AT] RyanMagdziarz

Wishful thinking because it enables us to keep the prizes both teams want in Russell & Ingram. I know they wouldn't accept that package, nor would they accept what I'd love for them to accept: Randle, JC, Houston's 28th pick.

Yeah, I'd throw in the 28'th pick as well. But no more. Take it or leave it. It would be unwise to give up anything more anyway considering the fact that PG might Dwight Howard us.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

That's why we should wait until next summer if he wants to commit. No telling what he'll want to do after this season if we trade for him. At our stage of this rebuild, these risks aren't necessary.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
That's why we should wait until next summer if he wants to commit. No telling what he'll want to do after this season if we trade for him. At our stage of this rebuild, these risks aren't necessary.

He is going to lose a lot of money coming as a free agent, if he wants to sign here a trade is better if we keep enough talent in the deal.

Last edited by nash on Fri May 05, 2017 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

He is going to loose a lot of money coming as a free agent, if he wants to sign here a trade is better if we keep enough talent in the deal.

Yeah you're right. Passing up on $70 mill is foolish. I'm cool with it as long as it's not DLo or Ingram. I've seen enough of Randle. I can't take his twitching spin move to the basket with arms flailing everywhere.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
nash wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

He is going to loose a lot of money coming as a free agent, if he wants to sign here a trade is better if we keep enough talent in the deal.

Yeah you're right. Passing up on $70 mill is foolish. I'm cool with it as long as it's not DLo or Ingram. I've seen enough of Randle. I can't take his twitching spin move to the basket with arms flailing everywhere.

Agreed- I am more of a stand pat and build from within guy. But I could tolerate loosing JC and Randle because I don't think they play smart ball. JC especially is who he will be. I mean he spent 4 years in college too.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

omzzzzz wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:
The Lakers have to make a decision.....stick with the young core and develop, then hope they become great when the Warriors fall.....OR.....trade the young core for an all-star player or two, and have a more veteran team.

It's either or and nothing in between. You can't have Paul George or Jimmy Butler surrounded by a bunch of guys in their early 20's that will take 4 more years to become great. If you don't think two of three current all-stars in the league can ever beat the Warriors though then stick with the young guys and develop.

Can't hinge on what the Warriors are doing to decide the direction of the team, there is always injuries that can come into play.. if the Lakers can get stars then they need to make sacrifice decisions, you can't choose the youth movement and the win-now movement, we are either creating a roster to compete with the top dogs or we are riding with the youth movement.

Also if we were gonna have a long term rebuild plan, I highly highly doubt they would have bought a competitive freak like Magic to the FO, the guy is all about winning.

Yea that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Pelinka and Magic came here to wait 5 years to gamble on the upside of Ingram and Russell.

Let's evaluate the "win now" moves they have orchestrated,
  • Feb 23, 2017: Traded Marcelo Huertas to the Houston Rockets for Tyler Ennis.

• Feb 23, 2017: Traded Lou Williams to the Houston Rockets for Corey Brewer and a 2017 1st round draft pick.

• Feb 28, 2017: Signed David Nwaba to a 10-day contract.
    Mar 21, 2017: Signed David Nwaba to a multi-year contract.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/johnsma01x.html

No big names, but matches the longest win streak in the last five years.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Fri May 05, 2017 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Yeah JC is at his ceiling as a player. Great energy off the bench though, but he's becoming a chucker and defensive liability. So definitely expendable.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:
The Lakers have to make a decision.....stick with the young core and develop, then hope they become great when the Warriors fall.....OR.....trade the young core for an all-star player or two, and have a more veteran team.

It's either or and nothing in between. You can't have Paul George or Jimmy Butler surrounded by a bunch of guys in their early 20's that will take 4 more years to become great. If you don't think two of three current all-stars in the league can ever beat the Warriors though then stick with the young guys and develop.

Can't hinge on what the Warriors are doing to decide the direction of the team, there is always injuries that can come into play.. if the Lakers can get stars then they need to make sacrifice decisions, you can't choose the youth movement and the win-now movement, we are either creating a roster to compete with the top dogs or we are riding with the youth movement.

Also if we were gonna have a long term rebuild plan, I highly highly doubt they would have bought a competitive freak like Magic to the FO, the guy is all about winning.

Yea that's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think Pelinka and Magic came here to wait 5 years to gamble on the upside of Ingram and Russell.

• Feb 23, 2017: Traded Lou Williams to the Houston Rockets for Corey Brewer and a 2017 1st round draft pick.

Nwaba and Ennis are or best defenders at any guard spot

Brewer is the best defender among our forwards

It is not my eye test, stats are telling it.

The win/loss column and net ratting of those players are telling it too.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
omzzzzz wrote:

Nwaba and Ennis are or best defenders at any guard spot

Brewer is the best defender among our forwards

It is not my eye test, stats are telling it.

The win/loss column and net ratting of those players are telling it too.

Yup, we ejected bad defenders and got some defenders and low and behold we won some games!

IMO Nwaba will be special. He can get to the rim he can defend. He just needs that 3 point shot to be a 3 D&D guy. 3 pointers, Defense and Dunks!

He appears to be a hard worker if he commits to learning that 3 point shot, we have our guy!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
nash wrote:
pio2u wrote:
by Ryan Magdziarz -at- RyanMagdziarz

Yeah, I'd throw in the 28'th pick as well. But no more. Take it or leave it. It would be unwise to give up anything more anyway considering the fact that PG might Dwight Howard us.

Yep, but everything changes in a heartbeat if we get a top 3 pick. If we get No.1, we keep it, if we get No. 2 more than likely we keep it as well, but I still think it'll be in play a lot more than we realize, especially if we line up supplementary deals before the trade is made.

Getting the No.3 pick would probably be perfect as far as setting the parameters around a PG13 type deal.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: