Breaking Down the Los Angeles Lakers' Potential Path to Paul George
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Breaking Down the Los Angeles Lakers' Potential Path to Paul George

Hey all,

Here's my latest at Bleacher Report:

Breaking Down the Los Angeles Lakers' Potential Path to Paul George - some numbers, some thoughts
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2705558-breaking-down-the-los-angeles-lakers-potential-path-to-paul-george

"If George is the answer for Los Angeles, then the Lakers are going to have to be the answer for Indiana, and that's going to rely on Johnson's convincing of his lifelong rival, Pacers president Larry Bird, to deal."

Cheers,

Eric
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

This article should get a lot of clicks and hits!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

Thanks Emplay.

If we get Paul George and more talent in FA, were do you see the Lakers finishing in the WC?
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

I mean, if the Lakers get a bunch of really good players then they would be a good team but I think you're over-thinking
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

I just feel excited that we have a shot at getting Paul George. the young guys have a bright future but like you said patience is probably running thin.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

Thanks Emplay

As Larry Coon told in another thread we don't have money for a max free agent this season. Are we going to have the money in 2018? Can we keep a player like Julius and still be players in free agency?

I mean, Paul George would demand at least one more player of his caliber or he wouldn't left Indiana to come here while we don't have young talent with better numbers than Turner.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Thanks Emplay

As Larry Coon told in another thread we don't have money for a max free agent this season. Are we going to have the money in 2018? Can we keep a player like Julius and still be players in free agency?

I mean, Paul George would demand at least one more player of his caliber or he wouldn't left Indiana to come here while we don't have young talent with better numbers than Turner.

Just FYI.. if we are short in offering a max money, the Lakers can dump players for picks if they choose to go to that route. So yeah if they want to Max someone they can.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Thanks Emplay. Do you think Ingram, Randle, #3 and Brewer is too much to give up for PG13? I think I would do that.

PF-Nance
SF-George
C-Zubac
PG-Clarkson
SG-Russell
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Thanks Emplay. Do you think Ingram, Randle, #3 and Brewer is too much to give up for PG13? I think I would do that.

PF-Nance
SF-George
C-Zubac
PG-Clarkson
SG-Russell

Randle, Russell and #3 is better for me. Ingram can be moved to the 2 with George at the 3. Clarkson did well enough at the 1 to move Russell.

Magic said he wanted guys who were committed to excellence. Russell has a lot of talent but I questioned his heart / effort too many times last year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:

PF-Nance
SF-George
C-Zubac
PG-Clarkson
SG-Russell

Randle, Russell and #3 is better for me. Ingram can be moved to the 2 with George at the 3. Clarkson did well enough at the 1 to move Russell.

Magic said he wanted guys who were committed to excellence. Russell has a lot of talent but I question is heart / energy too many times last year.

You guys are nuts. DLO, Jules AND a top 3 pick for 1 year of PG13?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject:

Man if we gave up Russell/Ingram, #3, and Randle for PG, I'd quit watching the Lakers, and I love Paul George. Just give up one of Russell/Ingram/the top 3 pick.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Man if we gave up Russell/Ingram, #3, and Randle for PG, I'd quit watching the Lakers, and I love Paul George. Just give up one of Russell/Ingram/the top 3 pick.

Seriously.

I'm secretly hoping we end up with #3...Pacers don't like DLO or Ingram and boom, that's it (with fillers).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:

I agree, if we get PG13 we are gonna need to surround him with talent and if we are gonna give up all that then we better be creating a super team.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Logo wrote:

I agree, if we get PG13 we are gonna need to surround him with talent and if we are gonna give up all that then we better be creating a super team.
I rather keep Russell, because his shooting really is an asset. Ingram's defensive versatility is also an asset, but George basically provides what Ingram does in that area, plus George needs to be surrounded by shooters.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The Logo wrote:

I rather keep Russell, because his shooting really is an asset. Ingram's defensive versatility is also an asset, but George basically provides what Ingram does in that area, plus George needs to be surrounded by shooters.

We need all the defense we can get and I'm not blowing assets for a guy that's going​ to walk out on us in a year learn from past mistakes see: Dwight Howard.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

I spelled out the Lakers' cap position in the article - they don't know how much space they will have but then trades, buy-outs and the like can impact that amount - along with opt outs, non-guaranteed salary and the lottery
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
I spelled out the Lakers' cap position in the article - they don't know how much space they will have but then trades, buy-outs and the like can impact that amount - along with opt outs, non-guaranteed salary and the lottery

FWIW. I mentioned trading players for future picks can also impact the cap amount.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Emplay, Nice read.

George has an incentive to hit free agency at 10-years prior to his 30th birthday which happens if he signs a 2+1 after next season. Seems more likely he does something like that than sign a full 5-years which puts him back in free agency into his 30s, doesn't it? His ideal seems to be a renegotiate and extend 2-years. He declined that option with Indy last season though.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

George might want a shorter deal which equalizes (mostly) an offer from Pacers and any other team
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Seriously.

I'm secretly hoping we end up with #3...Pacers don't like DLO or Ingram and boom, that's it (with fillers).

I'd rather get #1, because that guarantees that Boston didn't, and it also means that, since the #1 pick has more value than the #3 pick, that we could also explore options of trading for other players besides just PG13. You never know; maybe we could get a better player than PG with the #1 pick, and perhaps a player with more than 1 remaining year on his contract, also. And even if we have to trade #1 for PG ultimately...at least it means Boston didn't get #1!
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

In my opinion the Paul George pipe dream is the biggest pipe dream in many, many years.

George will take the money. Period. And Indiana will give it to him.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

It would definitely be a quicker path to mediocrity. The evidence is clear smack dab in your face. Super stars who shoots in the low 40's don't lead you to championships. Look at the teams that have won and look at their best players shooting percentages.

PG13 shot a career high 46% this year, but based on his career, it is either a fluke a preview of things to come? I'm not optimistic, I think it was a fluke.

Not only that, whatever you have left whether it's Russell or Ingram, they will defer to PG13, making their development even slower. 40 win dynasty for a few years, then rebuild again when PG13 declines. PG13's highs aren't even that high, so when he declines, it'll be really obvious.

Stay the course Rob!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
In my opinion the Paul George pipe dream is the biggest pipe dream in many, many years.

George will take the money. Period. And Indiana will give it to him.

Hopefully.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject:

It seems like George will leave IND after next season. I would not trade DLO to get him now.

If lakers are lucky enough to keep their to 3 pick, I would package up that pick + Mozgov or Deng for George. In need be, Indy sends back some salary to us. Indy risks getting nothing otherwise.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: