Breaking Down the Los Angeles Lakers' Potential Path to Paul George
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject:

If lakers are lucky and can get George for what I said above, the next move would be to take a run at Chris Paul - IF they want to be a real contender next year!
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Thanks Emplay. Do you think Ingram, Randle, #3 and Brewer is too much to give up for PG13? I think I would do that.

PF-Nance
SF-George
C-Zubac
PG-Clarkson
SG-Russell

Randle, Russell and #3 is better for me. Ingram can be moved to the 2 with George at the 3. Clarkson did well enough at the 1 to move Russell.

Magic said he wanted guys who were committed to excellence. Russell has a lot of talent but I question is heart / energy too many times last year.

You guys are nuts. DLO, Jules AND a top 3 pick for 1 year of PG13?

Agreed- I am glad y'all are not our GM. There is no guarantee that PG would even stay if we traded for him. I would offer JC and Jules maybe our 28 pick and that is it. Take it or leave it. We can get PG in free agency if Indy does not like our offer.

Last edited by Dr. Funkbot on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker7 wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Thanks Emplay. Do you think Ingram, Randle, #3 and Brewer is too much to give up for PG13? I think I would do that.

PF-Nance
SF-George
C-Zubac
PG-Clarkson
SG-Russell

Randle, Russell and #3 is better for me. Ingram can be moved to the 2 with George at the 3. Clarkson did well enough at the 1 to move Russell.

Magic said he wanted guys who were committed to excellence. Russell has a lot of talent but I question is heart / energy too many times last year.

You guys are nuts. DLO, Jules AND a top 3 pick for 1 year of PG13?

Agreed- I am glad y'all are not our GM. There is no guarantee that PG would even stay if we traded for him. I would offer JC and Jules maybe our 28 pick and that is it. Take it or leave it. We can get PG in free agency if Indy does not like our office.

I agree as well. You guys are giving up the farm for a guy who wants to be here and has indicated as such. WE have ALL the leverage in this deal. Indiana is going to have to take pennies on the dollar for george if george makes it clear that he is leaving next year and that the only place he will sign an extension is the lakers if traded. The most I would give up for george now is Randle and clarkson. Let them laugh but guess what, the more they wait the worse it gets. Let another team trade for him without guarantees. I wouldnt do that again after dwight. I'm keeping Russel AND Ingram AND ball/fultz/jackson.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

It's so hard to imagine Bird letting Magic beat him in a trade, especially with his old buddy Ainge around to (at the very least) fraudulently buttress his leverage.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
It's so hard to imagine Bird letting Magic beat him in a trade, especially with his old buddy Ainge around to (at the very least) fraudulently buttress his leverage.

His so-called buddy, was trying to trade for Paul George before the Celtics were told he wasn't gonna sign a extension there.. knowing how loyal Bird is with his players.. wherever PG13 wants to go is were the Pacers FO will construct a trade there
razor
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

There is a drink commercial with PG making the winning shot, and then exclaiming "game". Nice marketing by his agent, but in reality he has a horrible percentage with game winning shots.
Back to reality.....if PG comes home, he's going to the clips, why would he go to a team structured worse than ind? Why would LAL even want him, just to have a name? This is a guard driven league, and the Lakes desperately need their best player at point to drive the car. Talk of packaging the 3 pick if we got Ball is insane.
Magic used to look left and pass right to fake everyone out....I hope PG is just a smokescreen for what they are really thinking about.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject:

He goes to the Clippers how then?

Kermit gif
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Believe it or not emplay.. there is a lot of people who seem to think PG13 to Clippers is realistic, I read some of it on Realgm and most recently by Chris Broussard.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject:

And Broussard understands the numbers? (He doesn't)

Or he just assumes Blake Griffin decides he'll go play for Indiana (which Broussard does, irrationally)

I love the "just sign and trade Blake to Indy" like he has zero say in the matter when he has the entire say in the matter
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
And Broussard understands the numbers? (He doesn't)

Or he just assumes Blake Griffin decides he'll go play for Indiana (which Broussard does, irrationally)

I love the "just sign and trade Blake to Indy" like he has zero say in the matter when he has the entire say in the matter

Thankfully.. ESPN fired him and he's with Fox sports now... you would do a lot better as a ESPN reporter then some of these hacks that don't know what there talking about.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject:

A lot of really high-quality journalists just lost their jobs with ESPN - some friends of mine
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

There are good reporters there but some of the decisions to fire guys like Ric Bucher and others was spot on.
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Read the room my friend, a long list of quality people just lost their jobs.

Best keep that to yourself at this time and Bucher generously donated to my wife's fundraiser after she lost her mother (my mother-in-law) to leukemia.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I'm talking about there sports personality.. not them being a bad person cause of course all of the guys who have worked at ESPN have a nice personality.. but there lack of knowledge at basketball is evident.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

If we keep our pick, then I would consider trading for PG13 b/c we could still have a competitive team and enough assets to make a team.

If we don't keep our pick, trading for PG13 would be too costly and basically make us a worse version of the Pacers.

Order I would trade for George:

Randle + Clarkson
#3 pick + Clarkson
#2 pick + Clarkson
Russell
Ingram (would only trade Ingram if we got the #1 pick).
#1 Pick
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

George isn't the defender he once was but my goodness could he mentor Ingram. He, Ingram and a something to prove DENG wouldn't be the worst wing rotation in the league. Spend some cash on a shooter and we have something brewing...
Boldarblood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject:

Only I trade anything of value for him is a sign and trade. Otherwise you trade your assets for a 1 year rental, that is just horrible. That will set us back even longer than the CP3 Trade. You need that guarantee, cant rely on "we will get someone else and he will want to stay".

Plus is he really worth it, he flat out gave up on his team. He quit. That is not the leader I necessarily want.
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject:

We need to get a deal if we are going to trade for George. Randle, Clarkson & the Houston pick. Maybe Russell, Nance, Deng & Houston pick. But that would be as far as I would go.

George + Blake Griffin would be a heck of a start if we maintained the majority of our young players. If Magic could pull off getting those 2 plus keeping Ingram and at least 2 other young guns and Zubac he would have earned whatever Jeanie is paying him.

If George wants to come here he can put Indiana over a barrel and to force a below make deal. George would help us get Blake. Might have t dump some salary like Brewer and Black to make room. Wouldn't trade Russel unless I could dump Deng contract.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject:

If the Lakers don't have enough talent when PG arrives, why would he leave Indy.

With Bird's departure from Indiana, what direction will their team go on?

If PG is with the Clippers, that means that Blake is gone (remembering that they have a Hard Cap) with Mo playing the 4 - which would have a worst record than this year.

Having PG, Deng and BI would not be a good situation.

The recent ESPN firings was not a good thing with others such as Mark Stein looking for jobs and Chris Berman is in a reduced role. It probably means that that ESPN will not pay anything close to the NBA in fees, hence the CAP will be going down.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject:

Griffin's best days are behind him
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:29 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Griffin's best days are behind him
He is a physically a very talented player that is unable to produce during crunch time - a PF version of D12.

Hopefully, Magic and Rob won't go after him since they need a Floor General is the top priority

Could a strategic question be if they somehow acquired Paul George without giving up any of their young players - are they a legitimate title-contending team or better than the Indy team that he had this season. Answer is probably no (sadly)
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Could a strategic question be if they somehow acquired Paul George without giving up any of their young players - are they a legitimate title-contending team or better than the Indy team that he had this season. Answer is probably no (sadly)

it depends entirely on how much our current players improve over the summer. Paul george for example changed dramatically after his second season
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject:

am I the only one who thinks that it's no big deal if we miss out on paul George? he just led his team to a seven seed in the weak ass east. would he sell jerseys? sure, but he's not a superstar. besides, i'd rather having ingram at SF in a few years when the warriors' reign is (hopefully!) ending.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:
am I the only one who thinks that it's no big deal if we miss out on paul George? he just led his team to a seven seed in the weak ass east. would he sell jerseys? sure, but he's not a superstar. besides, i'd rather having ingram at SF in a few years when the warriors' reign is (hopefully!) ending.

Deciding on winning shouldnt mean we wait until the Warriors decline, that kind of mind set is what will put this franchise in a dark hole.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

Pacers have some talent in Myles Turner.
Lance Stephenson plays well for them when he's with them (and no one else).
They have Thad Young.

Turner
Young
SF
Stephenson
PG
Off bench -
Jefferson
Monta Ellis
Robinson 3
Young

I can see them deal George to us if we give up Russell, Ingram without question. We won't do that (I hope) because it would be too much for a player that could walk at season's end.

Doubt they want to touch Deng's contract.

I see us willing to do Clarkson. Ingram + throw ins.
I see us eventually budging on Russell if they take Deng.
If Ball or Fox is who the Pacers prefer then perhaps they can want him over Russell if we value them less than Russ.

It'll be interesting, but I feel we should not give up more than one of Russ/Top 3 pick. Ingram I'm iffy on. I don't know if his ceiling is as high as some feel. I think he's closer to Tay Prince as a ceiling than an all-star. Russ and Randle to me are the two top talents we have and should try to pair George with.

I'd basically give up anyone or any combo of the roster outside of Russ/Randle, and I'd also see where we draft, what player could be there to determine maybe if that player could be even better than Russ/Randle, not to give that pick away.

This draft is really strong, it seems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: