Breaking Down the Los Angeles Lakers' Potential Path to Paul George
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:
a paul George-led lakers team is not going to change the number of banners on the wall at staples center.

Would you think that a team lead by Chauncy Billips would beat the Lakers in the Finals?
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
a paul George-led lakers team is not going to change the number of banners on the wall at staples center.

Would you think that a team lead by Chauncy Billips would beat the Lakers in the Finals?

no. but that team played historically fantastic defense. do you think PG is good enough to be the best player on a championship team in the NBA today? for the record, I do not. and who could we pair with him that would even be able to challenge the warriors and spurs in the next few years? there is no one.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:

Good luck making that kind of incredibly well-rounded team. 2014 Spurs are another example.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:27 am    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:

no. but that team played historically fantastic defense. do you think PG is good enough to be the best player on a championship team in the NBA today? for the record, I do not. and who could we pair with him that would even be able to challenge the warriors and spurs in the next few years? there is no one.

Yes, I think Paul George, a couple great outside shooters and some athletic, strong and physical big men could beat the Spurs and compete with the Warriors.
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:

Yes, I think Paul George, a couple great outside shooters and some athletic, strong and physical big men could beat the Spurs and compete with the Warriors.

I guess we will agree to disagree. if you're building a team around PG, you're building a playoff team.. not a championship team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

vdogg11 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:

I guess we will agree to disagree. if you're building a team around PG, you're building a playoff team.. not a championship team.

I think we're discovering just how difficult it is to build a championship team when Magic/Kobe/Shaq don't just fall into our laps.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject:

who is better, Paul George or James harden?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I'm going to say Harden. But I'd take PG13 with the right personnel b/c of his 2 way play.
vdogg11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

harden is a superstar.

George is a star.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

Harden and it isn't close.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

What about defense though?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:

I think we're discovering just how difficult it is to build a championship team when Magic/Kobe/Shaq don't just fall into our laps.

Exactly. Although I wouldn't say they fell into our laps, thanks to Jerry West. But, there is Lebron and Durant and then there's everyone else. So if you don't have either you can choose to pack it up and go home or you can try to build a complete team. Havng PG13 isn't a bad guy to build around.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
vdogg11 wrote:
PG13 could be an important part of a championship team - as alluded to in previous posts.

Will he attract other talent, one wonders who will come to the Lakers that didn't want to join him at Indy - that is/was closer than this edition of the Lakers

Remember that Kobe wasn't a Top 10 draft choice, he was targeted by Jerry West. Shaq was acquired through a series of daring moves by Jerry West
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Practice wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Harden's contributions on offense far outweigh whatever he gives up on defense. By far.

Also was his defense even that bad this year?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Practice wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Harden's contributions on offense far outweigh whatever he gives up on defense. By far.

Also was his defense even that bad this year?
When Harden was forced to play defense, he had nothing left in Game 6

PG13 is a two-way player that was outclassed by Lebron by a large margin.

At least John Wall and Russell Westbrook lost blazing all their bullets
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:22 pm    Post subject:

even if we get PG13, we need to add a few more stars next summer to get past SAS & GSW.

but GSW salary situation is getting tight with the 4 stars they have.

This summer Currys getting #205M/5years + Durant will opt into his $27.7M option = 6 players with an cap over $104M.

How much longer before they start losing stars cause of the salary situation ?

I think LA's rise & the GSW demise is going to be along the same time. (WISHFUL THINKING)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: