Ranking Each Superstar’s Chance of Landing in LA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which star should the Lakes pursue?
Carmelo Anthony
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Chris Paul
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Blake Griffin
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
DeMarcus Cousins
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Gordon Hayward
13%
 13%  [ 10 ]
Paul George
54%
 54%  [ 41 ]
None of the above
24%
 24%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 75

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

If BG wants to come here Magic/Pelinka will bite for sure and pay max.

It could help, but like Ocho said, it could be a redux of when Amare was coming off of injury and signed with NY
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
So then what is everyone's ideal offseason?

Mine would be that:

1) We retain our pick this year (and of course that means we keep our 2019 pick too) and draft Lonzo Ball.

2) Trade for Jimmy Butler with any combo of Russell, Randle, Clarkson, or Nance. I'm not saying trade all of them for Jimmy.

3) Find a way to rid ourselves of either Deng or Mozgov's contracts for a contract that expires next year (getting rid of both would be great, but I'm not sure if we would realistically be able to). Of course, we may have to include Houston's pick in any deal (28th).

Obviously I don't have exact figures to know if it would work with the cap, but the intention is to give us enough cap space to sign Paul George outright the following summer.

That gives us a lineup of Ball, Butler, George, either Randle/Nance (whichever one isn't dealt in a Butler deal), and Zubac with Ingram coming off the bench.

This is matching my ideal off season except I would use George as a stretch 4 and start Ingram. Then use Nance/Randle to sub Ingram for matching up a traditional 4 and play the small ball more with Lonzo setting the pace.

I would rather have DLO than Lonzo Ball.

70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Your topic solicits one thing in your header (chance of landing a specific player) but your poll elicits response to something very different (fan preference as to talent pursuit). D'oh !
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

Mine would be that:

1) We retain our pick this year (and of course that means we keep our 2019 pick too) and draft Lonzo Ball.

2) Trade for Jimmy Butler with any combo of Russell, Randle, Clarkson, or Nance. I'm not saying trade all of them for Jimmy.

3) Find a way to rid ourselves of either Deng or Mozgov's contracts for a contract that expires next year (getting rid of both would be great, but I'm not sure if we would realistically be able to). Of course, we may have to include Houston's pick in any deal (28th).

Obviously I don't have exact figures to know if it would work with the cap, but the intention is to give us enough cap space to sign Paul George outright the following summer.

That gives us a lineup of Ball, Butler, George, either Randle/Nance (whichever one isn't dealt in a Butler deal), and Zubac with Ingram coming off the bench.

This is matching my ideal off season except I would use George as a stretch 4 and start Ingram. Then use Nance/Randle to sub Ingram for matching up a traditional 4 and play the small ball more with Lonzo setting the pace.

It will be a disservice for DLo to use him as a 4th or 5th option . He has that star potential written all over him. At least with Lonzo, he can utilize all our gazelles running and gunning, lobs here and there and ball moves more with less dribble and eventually Ingram takes over.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject:

I voted none of the above...

KEVIN DURANT COMIN' THIS OFFSEASON BOOK IT
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

Mine would be that:

It will be a disservice for DLo to use him as a 4th or 5th option . He has that star potential written all over him. At least with Lonzo, he can utilize all our gazelles running and gunning, lobs here and there and ball moves more with less dribble and eventually Ingram takes over.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Why the heck do people want Blake all of a sudden? Is it just because he is a 'name'? Cause it can't be for any other reason or any thought that he'd actually lead us somewhere.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Trading PG13 would cost us a lot of assets and I think if we can't get a decent team around him, he'll bail anyways in 2018.

Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Carmelo Anthony - too old
Chris Paul - too old
Blake Griffin - injury prone
DeMarcus Cousins - team cancer

Gordon Hayward - Ingram will be better in 2 seasons so what's the point? If Hayward can play sg and we lose out on Fultz and Ball, then we should pursue him. He'd be a slight upgrade over Nick.

Paul George. Same problem with Hayward. We have too many forwards. You can't put Ingram on the bench and George doesn't want to play pf or sg.

The team needs shooters who can play defense, shotblockers, and playmakers. I'd rather we go after JJ Redick, resign Nick, and Ennis.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Why the heck do people want Blake all of a sudden? Is it just because he is a 'name'? Cause it can't be for any other reason or any thought that he'd actually lead us somewhere.

cause Jeanie wants an all-star. I think Blake or trading for Melo might be the only option (unless PG13/Hayward happens)
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject:

why does PG making an all nba team mean that he cant be had this summer?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

double post sorry
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

Trade for George, sign Hayward
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
They should go after Hayward and George but I wouldn't expect either to suit up here next season.

This is what I think.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

$200 mil vs $130, $70 mil of guaranteed money PG needs to give up to come here
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Didn't Dwight Howard leave like 40M on the table to jump ship to Houston? We were gonna pay him 120M and he left to Houston for 82M... 70M or 40M... I don't see the difference. I think people are reaching..
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Didn't Dwight Howard leave like 40M on the table to jump ship to Houston? We were gonna pay him 120M and he left to Houston for 82M... 70M or 40M... I don't see the difference. I think people are reaching..

Although it was a complete failure... at the time Houston expected to win ringS within 3 years as hakeem and mchale were going to transform dwight.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
double post sorry

Double Post? Like a Horns Offense Set?

Now I'm the one who's sorry...
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Ranking Each Superstar’s Chance of Landing in LA

http://lasportshub.com/2017/04/25/lakers-rumors-ranking-superstars/
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CRoost wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

Mine would be that:

Yeah I'm concerned with how Ball's game will translate to the NBA and his stroke, not pretty. If he is successfully I'd rather have him paired with DLO. They'd be a crafty team. We know what we have with DLO asks he can only improve.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Which superstar adds the most wins for the Lakers next season

" There have been so many Lakers rumors regarding the franchise’s next superstar that it is too high to count. However, which of these stars would lead the Lakers to the most wins next year? "

http://lasportshub.com/2017/05/03/lakers-rumors-superstar-adds-wins/
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Concerning Blake Griffin - Kevin Deng wrote:

Quote:
“More and more people around the league believe he would be open to a fresh start—
perhaps with the Lakers or the Boston Celtics, who have coveted Griffin for years and would offer a new chance to win.

The most intriguing fit might be if he were to go home to Oklahoma to join Russell Westbrook and the Thunder, but his interests in the entertainment industry make staying in Los Angeles a priority.”

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/03/27/lakers-rumors-blake-griffin-wants-to-switch-l-a-jersey/

I don't see Blake going home simply because he would be 2nd fiddle to Westbrook....also while he grew up in Oklahoma, most people when they come to LA end up staying because theres a heck of a lot more stuff to do here....
I could see Blake donning the purple and gold as well because he might want to get away from the Clipper situation since he is seen as being more expendable....
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:46 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Concerning Blake Griffin - Kevin Deng wrote:

Quote:
“More and more people around the league believe he would be open to a fresh start—
perhaps with the Lakers or the Boston Celtics, who have coveted Griffin for years and would offer a new chance to win.

The most intriguing fit might be if he were to go home to Oklahoma to join Russell Westbrook and the Thunder, but his interests in the entertainment industry make staying in Los Angeles a priority.”

http://lakeshowlife.com/2017/03/27/lakers-rumors-blake-griffin-wants-to-switch-l-a-jersey/

I don't see Blake going home simply because he would be 2nd fiddle to Westbrook....also while he grew up in Oklahoma, most people when they come to LA end up staying because theres a heck of a lot more stuff to do here....
I could see Blake donning the purple and gold as well because he might want to get away from the Clipper situation since he is seen as being more expendable....

Yes it would make more sense for him to stay in LA one way or another.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

I think Blake stays in LA (Clips or Lakers). I don't see the Boston connection but who knows.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I would like to get him because he is a proven player. He has had some bad luck injuries, but that could change as they are not chronic type things.

Clippers were a far better team with him on the floor than not on the floor.

The Lakers would be as well, he is a much better player now than Randle is or ever will be in my mind.

I would go after him hard and I have a feeling they will.

Is he the perfect addition? Perhaps not, but I think he could be attainable and honestly would be a much better signing than wasting money on Mozgov's and Deng's.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: