Larry Bird Stepping Down as Pacers President (Lakers/PG13 Related)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

IceInMyVeins wrote:
PG13 2 LA

lol

#ComeHomePG13

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakers secure No.1 on May 16th. Pritchard calls May 17th and proposes PG straight up for Deng & the No.1.

Do ya'll do it?

Fultz? no. #2 or #3, ok.

I'd rather roll with our current team and Fultz and try (operative word) to sign PG13 in 2018.

Ain't no fun unless I introduce a variable. Pritchard and PG's folks have a blunt dialog. In a nutshell, PG let's Indy know he won't be signing an extension. Talks & attention turn to the Lakers, and our recent success at the May 16th lottery.

Summary: PG lets Lakers & Indy know he wants out...now, and that his alleged love affair with returning home also includes the Clippers, CP3, defensive force Jordan, and the perfect slot for him to slide into at the 3, next to the newly resigned Griffin.

His message: get me now (surrender No.1) or risk my signing with the other LA team to satisfy my desire to return home.

Don't give me no cap talk. It's just all theoretical.

Keep #1 pick (Fultz). Use the cap space to pursue WB or Boogie in 2018.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakers secure No.1 on May 16th. Pritchard calls May 17th and proposes PG straight up for Deng & the No.1.

Do ya'll do it?

Get a can't-miss superstar guard prospect? Or become the Atlanta Hawks East and get sent home by the Warriors for the remaining of Paul George's prime?

Touch call.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Do ya'll do it?

Hell yes

I don't know. You sound a bit indecisive to me.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
interesting, because my impression was PG and Bird weren't that close. Could this possibly be an attempt to keep PG in Indy instead of breaking them up? They can build around PG and Turner.

Interesting take. But I'm thinking it's Pritchard (49 years old) who may be ready for a much needed rebuild. When the PG13/Granger/Hibbert/West/Lance group was broken up, the Pacers just kept it on life support with PG13.

I think this move means PG13 is being traded. Now, whether that's the Lakers, not sure. It may mean Pritchard will stir up a massive bidding war. Maybe the Bird-Ainge buddy (F up Lakers) duo won't happen anymore.

Prichard's first move ever as a gm was to draft oden over durant.

Oden was easily the best prospect in that draft.

LOL. Not even healthy.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Do ya'll do it?

Fultz? no. #2 or #3, ok.

I'd rather roll with our current team and Fultz and try (operative word) to sign PG13 in 2018.

Mate are you high
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
If PG13 was staying, I don't see why Bird would step down.

More likely, PG13/Bird had a heart to heart and PG13 said he wants out. Bird doesn't want to stay on a rebuild and here we are.

Now, whether that means Pritchard will bend over and take one for the Lakers, that's a different story. Just means IMO that PG13 is likely heading out...but nothing about whether he is coming to the Lakers.

Bingo.

Pelinka is a far more natural negotiator than almost every GM... that's what agents do.. they try to squeeze every penny out of every deal.

Pelinka will never get fleeced on a deal. He'll make the best deal possible. Now, if they over or under value a certain player, that is a different story but ny nature I'm willing to bet Pelinka is going to constantly be looking to extract every possible benefit out of a deal.
dengman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

BynumForThree wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Do ya'll do it?

Get a can't-miss superstar guard prospect? Or become the Atlanta Hawks East and get sent home by the Warriors for the remaining of Paul George's prime?

Tough call.

Patience is what we need to avoid being the Clippers or the Hawks

Which means pairing PG13 with Fultz/Ball/Ingram/Zubac/Boogie/Harden
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

Chronicle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Do ya'll do it?

Fultz? no. #2 or #3, ok.

Mate are you high

You would trade Fultz for PG13 (1 year on the books)? I get the Deng part, but damn, it's Fultz. And there's a chance you can sign PG13 in 2018 AND keep Fultz? Yikes.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Do ya'll do it?

Touch call.

If only there was a can't miss superstar guard prospect. Why does every thread have to turn into fantasy basketball?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

More likely, PG13/Bird had a heart to heart and PG13 said he wants out. Bird doesn't want to stay on a rebuild and here we are.

Now, whether that means Pritchard will bend over and take one for the Lakers, that's a different story. Just means IMO that PG13 is likely heading out...but nothing about whether he is coming to the Lakers.

Bingo.

Pelinka is a far more natural negotiator than almost every GM... that's what agents do.. they try to squeeze every penny out of every deal.

Pelinka will never get fleeced on a deal. He'll make the best deal possible. Now, if they over or under value a certain player, that is a different story but ny nature I'm willing to bet Pelinka is going to constantly be looking to extract every possible benefit out of a deal.

FWIW, whom do you think agents are negotiating with? And GM's not only have to negotiate with agents, but with each other. I think Pelinka has shown himself to be at the top of his field, but let's not pretend that the GM role isn't both different and more difficult in negotiations.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

Come on, they would be taking a player that is owed 18 mil for the next 3 years that contributes next to nothing. and I like fultz as much as anyone but he is still an unknown, like any draft pick.

Every single team in the league could put up a better offer than that. even in nba 2k with trade override on they wouldnt accept that deal man
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject:

Prichard is going to try to absolutely screw the Lakers.

I'm not saying he'll be successful at it, he may or may not be with our new management, but he's sure gonna try.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

btw, so Bird was the president but not the gm? So who was the gm on the pacers, wouldn't they still have a say too?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bingo.

FWIW, whom do you think agents are negotiating with? And GM's not only have to negotiate with agents, but with each other. I think Pelinka has shown himself to be at the top of his field, but let's not pretend that the GM role isn't both different and more difficult in negotiations.

The contract offers general managers can make are generally tiered and structured.. however it's the agents who are the ones who are pushing as hard as posssible to get them viewed in a higher light, etc.

If that makes sense...

I'm not saying most basketball minds who end up in GM roles don't negotiate, just that an agent (and lawyer) are more experienced with that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Come on, they would be taking a player that is owed 18 mil for the next 3 years that contributes next to nothing. and I like fultz as much as anyone but he is still an unknown, like any draft pick.

Every single team in the league could put up a better offer than that. even in nba 2k with trade override on they wouldnt accept that deal man

It's really not that black and white.

#2 or 3 pick, sure, you can talk me into that.

#1 pick? I'll take my chances with Fultz and then signing PG13 in 2018.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

Without any moving of deng or mozgov, I doubt we would even have the cap room to sign george in 2018

... unless he was already on the team
january
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Do ya'll do it?

Touch call.

If only there was a can't miss superstar guard prospect. Why does every thread have to turn into fantasy basketball?

He is.
He is the best guard prospect in century (with assumption that LJ and KD are F).
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
interesting, because my impression was PG and Bird weren't that close. Could this possibly be an attempt to keep PG in Indy instead of breaking them up? They can build around PG and Turner.

Without any insider info it is more plausible since everybody is talking about how their franchise player is willing to move elsewhere.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
2019 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bingo.

The contract offers general managers can make are generally tiered and structured.. however it's the agents who are the ones who are pushing as hard as posssible to get them viewed in a higher light, etc.

If that makes sense...

I'm not saying most basketball minds who end up in GM roles don't negotiate, just that an agent (and lawyer) are more experienced with that.

Well that is wrong, for every agent that is negotiating there is a GM that is also negotiating. But I get it, Pelinka is a God despite him not doing anything to this point. Nothing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

Larry Bird gone....I think the signs are there that PG13 will not be in Indy next season.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

january wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Do ya'll do it?

Touch call.

He is.
He is the best guard prospect in century (with assumption that LJ and KD are F).

Some player is at every draft. Mudiay, Exum, Russell. There is always one.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

I think that this signals a rebuild and Bird staying on as more of a consultant is Bird language for "I'm too old for this (bleep)" regarding a full rebuild. I think it also signals that the org is going to look out for the best offer and not cater to George's wishes. He will not be obtained for a bargain
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Do ya'll do it?

PG and Turner and filler for #1, Julius, #28, Deng and Mozgov
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Prichard is going to try to absolutely screw the Lakers.

I'm not saying he'll be successful at it, he may or may not be with our new management, but he's sure gonna try.

Pelinka is going to try to absolutely screw the Pacers.

I'm not saying he'll be successful at it, he may or may not be with the Pacers' new management, but he's sure gonna try.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21
Jump to: