Let's all Laugh at the Clippers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject:

suckers. karma for the CP3 deal.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I did laugh at them, then I realized that we aren't any better and have a long way to go.

Not if Cp3 and Blake leave in Free Agency... They'll be Brooklyn 2.0, only worse. Channel John Lennon, and IMAGINE:

Austin Rivers/??
Jamal Crawford/??
Mbah a Moute/??
Wes Johnson/Brice Johnson
DeAndre Jordan/Diamond Stone

Quote:
Bill Oram‏Verified account
@billoram

Following
More
DeAndre Jordan ignored 3 questions:

Will this group be back together?
Will he lobby CP & Blake to return?
Does he want them to return?

DeAndre lowkey wants CP3 and Blake to gtfo of LA so he can finally be the star of his team like he wanted to be in Dallas before they power played him to staying
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject:

EldenCampbell wrote:
They have paid and will continue to pay for basketball reasons

But their abysmal record stretches far beyond that. You'd have to look to the Cleveland Browns for that amount of futility. But even the lowly Browns have 3 championships.

Better comparison may be the Padres as both franchises started a year apart from each other (Buffalo Braves 1970 -> SD Clippers 1978) and have no rings to show for it. But at least the Padres made the World Series twice.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Let's wait until we can actually get out of the lottery

Party pooper.

<Screamin' A voice>
Who cares? First of all understand something, if you're a lottery team whose pick is contingent on a random bounce of a plastic ball, it really doesn't mean that much. That's no.1. No.2 and more importantly, the Clippers have bounced out of the playoffs. AGAIN! The city of angels, Hollywood should be celebrating. Throw a parade whether you land the pick or not! The Clippers are bona fide trash! They can't win!! No disrespect, whatsoever; I'm sorry but I gotta tell everybody the truth--this team cannot win a playoff series to save their lives. They got a perennially injured star forward, a soon to be retired wheelchair aficionado, and are led by free agent star point guard who shouldn't have been on the team in the first place. Please. Los Angeles Lakers fans should be celebrating right now. There's nothing to think about. Nothing to think about!

mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject:

It still seems strange to me that there are actually some Clippers fans in Los Angeles.

It just is weird. Move the team to San Diego, Anaheim, Seattle, Las Vegas....anywhere but Staples Center.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject:

I don't even think about the Clippers until I drunkenly stumble across threads like this.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
It still seems strange to me that there are actually some Clippers fans in Los Angeles.

It just is weird. Move the team to San Diego, Anaheim, Seattle, Las Vegas....anywhere but Staples Center.

If San Diego couldn't afford to build a stadium for their beloved Chargers, they certainly ain't gonna give a damn about the Clippers. Guess they'll just have to manage with the lowly Padres and a future MLS team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Best hope for the Clippers now is a sign and trade deal for Blake. Blake gets his money and Clippers can somehow see how things work with CP3 and their Blake replacement....I'm sure they are trying to avoid rebuilding since that seems to be like a 30 year deal.....
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know, it's like laughing at a dude's $500k car getting all of its tires blown out while you're walking 15 miles to work every day.

You've got it flipped. The Lakers are the guy in the 500k car stuck on the road momentarily. The Clippers are the guy with the flashy shoes and the bluetooth speaker that can't hold a charge and the revoked driver's license who has to take the bus from El Monte to Fontana on sunday, every sunday for the rest of his life.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I don't know, it's like laughing at a dude's $500k car getting all of its tires blown out while you're walking 15 miles to work every day.

You've got it flipped. The Lakers are the guy in the 500k car stuck on the road momentarily. The Clippers are the guy with the flashy shoes and the bluetooth speaker that can't hold a charge and the revoked driver's license who has to take the bus from El Monte to Fontana on sunday, every sunday for the rest of his life.

Word is bond
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Nope. Not Anaheim.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:34 pm    Post subject:

how does one even become a clipper fan
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 2:54 am    Post subject:

If ir weren't the Clippers both LA and NY would always be lottery cities.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Nope. Not Anaheim.

LOL, sorry Mike!

Oh me oh my.....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

Send them to Seattle... Seattle Clippersonic
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject:

i dont see why people have so much ill will towards to Lakers. Its like hating on your younger brother who would never be as good as you at anything.
I actually wouldnt mind rooting for the Clippers as a second team to the Lakers if it wasnt for Sterling, Doc Rivers, and CP3
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Cheap tickets. Or at least that was the reason long before they got good. But even now the tickets arent too bad. I went to game 1 of the Spurs/Clips series a few years ago and got pretty good seats at a good price.

!...
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I hate the coach more than any of the players

+1
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's it right thurr
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I did laugh at them, then I realized that we aren't any better and have a long way to go.

I take a lot of solace in the thought that the Lakers (who carried us along) got to the pinnacle many times. We know what it feels like. It's a feeling of relief even for fans, but for players as well. Artest, e.g. It's much worse getting close, but coming up short in the end. Lakers went thru that stage a couple times. Those drubbings against Utah and SA from 97-99 especially sucked. For coming up short, you get nothing but criticism from every corner until you finally bust thru. These Clipps arguably never even got to late 90s Lakers levels of relative success and their window just slammed shut. I feel we're on an upward track for the first time in years despite having another sh season, but the Clipps are now in a land of confusion. I think I'd rather be where the Lakers are. You can always rationalize that they're just beginning. The Clipps are in limbo.

I was having serious doubts about Shaq's ability to win a title after 98 and 99. Those sweeps were embarrassing, just like his sweeps in Orlando were embarrassing. The hiring of Phil gave me some hope but I never imagined things working out THAT well.

Everyone hated on the 98 Lakers for that sweep to the Jazz (which was really horrible) but one reason it was so embarrassing is that Laker team played really well in the first two rounds and destroyed a 61 win Seattle team after beating a pretty good Portland team. That was a 7-2 record in the first two rounds, and that was after a 61 win season with Shaq missing around 20 games. The Clippers have never won the first two rounds and never won 60+ games.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:

+1

+2.

For Ss and Gs I listened to 570am today with Roggin and he interviewed Doc on my way home from work.

He wouldn't say his players just don't have the guts(chokers) to get to where they need to even when afforded the position such as being up 3-1. Also said this is the first year he could afford a proper staff (scouting, etc.), and the capper of all, he wouldn't even acknowledge that the Lakers have 16 championships. He discredited the ones from Minnesota. Just about as bad as his tired "you haven't beat my starting 5."

He was just a very bitter man overall talking about how LA treats the Clippers versus the Lakers, etc.

Never heard him once say, "it was my fault" for not coaching and preparing the team.

Bye.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:

+1

+2.

For Ss and Gs I listened to 570am today with Roggin and he interviewed Doc on my way home from work.

He wouldn't say his players just don't have the guts(chokers) to get to where they need to even when afforded the position such as being up 3-1. Also said this is the first year he could afford a proper staff (scouting, etc.), and the capper of all, he wouldn't even acknowledge that the Lakers have 16 championships. He discredited the ones from Minnesota. Just about as bad as his tired "you haven't beat my starting 5."

He was just a very bitter man overall talking about how LA treats the Clippers versus the Lakers, etc.

Never heard him once say, "it was my fault" for not coaching and preparing the team.

Bye.

I don't really blame him....he spent his days on the Clippers playing at the dump called the LA Sports Arena. They were basically ignored and laughed by most sports fans in LA. So you can see why he is bitter and hates the Lakers.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Where does Blake Griffin rank among the NBA's top Power Forwards and players as a whole?

Below Anthony Davis, but what about Draymond, Aldridge, Love, etc.?
The best ability is.....availability. and thats something blake seems to no nothing about.

Give me draymon any day of the week over blake because of that situation alone.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't take Aldridge or Love over Blake. Draymond is interesting though. Him on the Clippers instead of Blake could make them a much better defensive team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16
Jump to: