Luke Walton Interview
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Luke Walton Interview

Luke Walton: "Magic Johnson said We Already Have The Pick"

Obviously joking but still.

Enjoy
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject:

That photo of Rob Pelinka and Magic with Adam Silver is a good vibe for the draft lottery.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

I wouldnt be suprised if Magic and Silver have an under the table deal to get LA the #1 overall pick to make them a playoff team quicker lol
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:51 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
I wouldnt be suprised if Magic and Silver have an under the table deal to get LA the #1 overall pick to make them a playoff team quicker lol

There are two things I would hate to see:

- Watching Boston draft Fultz without tanking while we get another "consolation prize of the draft"

- Winning the lottery to select a player not called Fultz watching Boston draft Fultz after us when they didn't tank to get this pick
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't like the fact that Magic said that because if we do happen to keep the pick I can already hear the uproar that this is fixed. Now I have a bad feeling that we won't be able to keep the pick.

I'm a big Magic fan but I wish he wouldn't have said that or that Walton wouldn't have said anything.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

highly doubtful. the lakers have a 45% chance at getting the top 3 pick. the ping pong balls are visually seen going into the mixer by all 14 associates of the lottery teams.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

No need, we already have the basketball gods on our side
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

No need, we already have the basketball gods on our side

http://www.greenberg-art.com/.Toons/.Toons,%20Obits/qqxsgChickHearn.gif
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

I would be because there doesn't seem to be any way to manipulate the lottery.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

"Seem" key word. Not everything is always as it seems however.

There is always a way. And no one should be surprised if it were discovered to be the case.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

There is always a way. And no one should be surprised if it were discovered to be the case.

No, there isn't always a way, sometimes random things are simply that, random. Manipulating 13 ping pong balls with over 1,000 combination of potential winning numbers would be very difficult to do.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I don't like the fact that Magic said that because if we do happen to keep the pick I can already hear the uproar that this is fixed. Now I have a bad feeling that we won't be able to keep the pick.

I'm a big Magic fan but I wish he wouldn't have said that or that Walton wouldn't have said anything.

Blaming Magic is dumb, he's not the one who said it publicly even if he did say it to Luke in a private conversation. Luke was clearly joking, and even while his joke was poorly timed and might incite conspiracy theorists if we do or do not keep the pick (though, to be fair to Luke, conspiracy theorists would have been incited even if he didn't say anything) it won't have anything to do with us keeping or losing our pick.

Last edited by mhan00 on Wed May 03, 2017 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

No, there isn't always a way, sometimes random things are simply that, random. Manipulating 13 ping pong balls with over 1,000 combination of potential winning numbers would be very difficult to do.

Cavs only had 1.7% chance to get the #1 pick in 2014 ( DRAFT WIGGINS) and they were expected to pick #10 overall that year.
Im'a believer until May 16th rolls around and shows otherwise.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

Cavs only had 1.7% chance to get the #1 pick in 2014 ( DRAFT WIGGINS) and they were expected to pick #10 overall that year.

Unlikely stuff happens all the time, with no conspiracy involved. It would be very difficult for the NBA to rig the lottery since the process is well monitored and overseen by a reputable accounting firm, and the gains for successfully rigging the lottery would be very questionable. The NBA is experiencing huge success and racking up huge tv contracts and insane equity for the owners, would they really want to risk compromising their sport and their billion dollar equities just to make sure the Lakers (or any other team) get a pick that may or may not help the Lakers at all? Especially when the Lakers' success or failure as a franchise hasn't really affected the success of the league recently? Picks, even top picks bust ALL THE TIME. With how difficult it would be to rig the lottery and keep it secret, and the potential negative ramifications of getting caught, it's hard to see why the NBA would risk it for very questionable reward.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

Well, lets hope 2014 doesnt happen again because I think orlando went 4th!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

There are two things I would hate to see:

- Watching Boston draft Fultz without tanking while we get another "consolation prize of the draft"

- Winning the lottery to select a player not called Fultz watching Boston draft Fultz after us when they didn't tank to get this pick

If rigged it is so ball can come to la. Ratings have fallen.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Magic always says stupid (bleep). He was an all-time great baller, but honestly off the court, he has been an embarrassment on so many occasions.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Everyone's knows we will keep the pick

The league needs the Lakers to be front and center
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Magic always says stupid (bleep). He was an all-time great baller, but honestly off the court, he has been an embarrassment on so many occasions.

Wow really? What Magic is doing is good for the Lakers, Mitch and Jim didn't provide the passion and enthusiasm like Magic has done since he was hired. we need someone who can bring the positive energy.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Hearing Luke talk about reloading and winning as soon as possible in response to Leslie's question about winning was good to see, looks like we are for sure in win now mode.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

Unlikely stuff happens all the time, with no conspiracy involved. It would be very difficult for the NBA to rig the lottery since the process is well monitored and overseen by a reputable accounting firm, and the gains for successfully rigging the lottery would be very questionable. The NBA is experiencing huge success and racking up huge tv contracts and insane equity for the owners, would they really want to risk compromising their sport and their billion dollar equities just to make sure the Lakers (or any other team) get a pick that may or may not help the Lakers at all? Especially when the Lakers' success or failure as a franchise hasn't really affected the success of the league recently? Picks, even top picks bust ALL THE TIME. With how difficult it would be to rig the lottery and keep it secret, and the potential negative ramifications of getting caught, it's hard to see why the NBA would risk it for very questionable reward.

Having an accounting firm, in this case Ernst & Young, oversee the lottery is in no way a guarantee against fraud. At the core of most financial fraud cases is almost always an accounting firm, some of them allegedly "reputable". Ernst & Young have had their fair share of run-ins with the law and are no exception.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Hearing Luke talk about reloading and winning as soon as possible in response to Leslie's question about winning was good to see, looks like we are for sure in win now mode.

He also talks about rebuilding process, wins and losses not being the primarily goal this past season but it being successful because the young guys have developed.

actually there was nothing in that interview that suggests we're going into total win now mode...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He also talks about rebuilding process, wins and losses not being the primarily goal this past season but it being successful because the young guys have developed.

actually there was nothing in that interview that suggests we're going into total win now mode...

Did you hear Luke when he agreed that they wanna win championships when Leslie talked about the Sparks success?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LilJay24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Did you hear Luke when he agreed that they wanna win championships when Leslie talked about the Sparks success?

lmao hahahaha

ofche wants to win and win championships, that's where you got the "win now" idea from?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: