Shaquille O'Neal named as Cover Athlete for NBA 2K18 Legend Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I honestly just thought EA was really bad and left the market. Anyone remember this absolute masterpiece in video game history?

Thank you for that link. I haven't played video games in ages and still remember the Tom Chambers double-pump dunk from Lakers vs. Celtics, but that was pure gold.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
tox wrote:
I honestly just thought EA was really bad and left the market. Anyone remember this absolute masterpiece in video game history?

Thank you for that link. I haven't played video games in ages and still remember the Tom Chambers double-pump dunk from Lakers vs. Celtics, but that was pure gold.

The dude's commentary was hilarious. And Jesus Bynum FTW!!! 😂😂😂
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject:

The demo for NBA Live 18 is a breath of fresh air. After nearly a decade of playing only the 2K series it's really nice to get away from that dev team's quirks and deficiencies, namely the artificially difficult shooting, the cheesy dribbling, floaty defense, horrific outlet passes, etc.

Not to say Live is perfect, but it's pretty cool that I know I can 100% hit a shot as long as I am open and time it correctly. It's also nice making fullcourt passes without seeing them fly out of bounds. Can't say the same for 2K.
rebirthoftheM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
LAkers 4 Life wrote:
tox wrote:

The dude's commentary was hilarious. And Jesus Bynum FTW!!! 😂😂😂

It's been months since I had a real LOL moment... that (bleep) was hysterical
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Been playing NBA 2k17 again to try to scratch my NBA itch while waiting for preseason. The game is fun, but good lord, the load times are insanely annoying on the PS4. Go to practice, long load time. Exit practice, long load time. Go to game, long load time. Leave game, long load time. Plus those moments when you just want to play and the game forces you to sit through listening to the coach say "Remember, you're my Pippen and you're my Jordan, close out the game like they would" for the 100000000th time during a forced timeout. Good god. Anyone know if the PC version is any better?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Been playing NBA 2k17 again to try to scratch my NBA itch while waiting for preseason. The game is fun, but good lord, the load times are insanely annoying on the PS4. Go to practice, long load time. Exit practice, long load time. Go to game, long load time. Leave game, long load time. Plus those moments when you just want to play and the game forces you to sit through listening to the coach say "Remember, you're my Pippen and you're my Jordan, close out the game like they would" for the 100000000th time during a forced timeout. Good god. Anyone know if the PC version is any better?

Tell me about it. Major glitch that also exists on other platforms. I hope this and the shot function is altered for 2k18.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Dlo is the guy they picked on the Nets to do the player confrontation/greeting in MyPlayer. He did a pretty good job too. Pretty cool, and a little sad. I hope Dlo does well with the Nets, and that Lonzo shuts him down while scoring 21 with 5 threes and 6 assists in the real life game too.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

The game is fun, but buggy. Everything should be fixed eventually though. Julius Randle is a beast in the game. The best chance on the Lakers of achieving a triple double. Now fix his build, his height, his head, and his hair dammit!
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The game is fun, but buggy. Everything should be fixed eventually though. Julius Randle is a beast in the game. The best chance on the Lakers of achieving a triple double. Now fix his build, his height, his head, and his hair dammit!

Wow they still haven't fixed his hair on 2k18?

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Nope. He looks like rookie Randle. lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Nope. He looks like rookie Randle. lol

It's literal proof of the of 2k development laziness.

Last edited by 22 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I stopped playing 2k when they started getting greedy with the VC. It's a shame that the game has almost become "pay to win". Then you have the spoiled little 12 year olds calling you names cause their parents bought them so much VC that they have every single diamond card in the game and they spam you with 3's with diamond curry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: