Would You Trade for Paul George This Summer?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade for Paul George this summer?
Yes. He's worth it.
26%
 26%  [ 47 ]
No. We're giving up too much and/or we should wait for him as a FA in 2018.
73%
 73%  [ 132 ]
Total Votes : 179

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Would You Trade for Paul George This Summer?

Ok, simple poll.

Simple assumption: 1 out of (DLO/Ingram/Top 3) + 1 of (JC/Jules/Zub/Nance) + fillers for PG13 (i.e. future protected pick, other salary considerations).

Yes or No?

I don't think we've had a poll on the matter. I think we've heard all the pros/cons of a trade for PG13. Let's vote.

I'm sure ESPN 710 will use this poll.

Last edited by yinoma2001 on Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject:

No. 1 of top 3, Dlo, or Ingram is too much alone for pg, never mind adding more.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I don't think now is the time to cash in on assets, especially on a player you can sign outright the following summer, but it seems irrelevant. All signs are pointing to major roster overhaul.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Would Indiana do this trade?

Ingram, Randle, our top three pick (assuming we keep it), Deng, and Mozgov in exchange for Paul George and Myles Turner?

Then we can sign Hayward or Griffin with the cap space we cleared up.

Russell
Hayward
George
Nance
Turner

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

You're missing a key piece of the puzzle. perhaps the biggest one for me and the question not enough people are addressing imo...

Would you still trade for him (and let's get real - it's Ingram or Russell no matter what else is included) - even if we lose our lotto pick ???

That's the real elephant in the room.

Despite my personal hesitations, I'm pretty confident we would trade one of Ingram/Russell/pick for George if we have all 3, but in that case - if it turns out to be a mistake - ok, you still have a 27 year old allstar with two other high level rookie assets, so I'd say you're in pretty good shape.

But if you don't have the pick and traded Russell or Ingram for George ?
Really leaves you with zero margin for error barring a miracle, and we already have two big errrors eating up 34 mil of our cap room...

So this is what I'd want to see people answer.
Not the lightweight poll which assumes we have our pick...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
You're missing a key piece of the puzzle. perhaps the biggest one for me and the question not enough people are addressing imo...

Would you still trade for him (and let's get real - it's Ingram or Russell no matter what else is included) - even if we lose our lotto pick ???

Despite my personal hesitations, I'm pretty confident we would trade one of Ingram/Russell/pick for George if we have all 3, but in that case - if it turns out to be a mistake - ok, you still have a 27 year old allstar with two other high level rookie assets, so I'd say you're in pretty good shape.

Really leaves you with zero margin for error barring a miracle, and we already have two big errrors eating up 34 mil of our cap room...

It's 12 against and 2 for at this point. Pretty interesting.

I didn't pick the other scenario b/c I think it's insane if the Lakers trade one of BI/DLO for PG13 without the pick.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:

With or without - it is a no. Just because he said he wants to play for the Lakers doesn't mean we have to please him. He is no doubt a good player, but I don't think it is worth giving up our young players for him.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Oh, and btw - no fillers needed.
If we give up one of the 3 key assets - that should be enough.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:

I didn't pick the other scenario b/c I think it's insane if the Lakers trade one of BI/DLO for PG13 without the pick.

I 100% agree, just don't think most people realize that the Paul George option this summer could be dead in the water within a week...
But I might be wrong.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:

I 100% agree, just don't think most people realize that the Paul George option this summer could be dead in the water within a week...
But I might be wrong.

You think he makes all-NBA? I don't see it.

1st team forwards: Lebron/Kahwai
2nd team: Giannis/KD
3rd team: Butler/(Anthony Davis if classified as a forward, Draymond).

Maybe he can beat Draymond, but then you have him with Hayward too.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:

I think this is astute.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

davidse wrote:

More importantly, by adding George and improving the team in the near term they shoot their chances in the foot of getting the best possible odds on the guaranteed 2018 pick in this scenario. Maybe you do it (although I still wouldn't) if the pick secured and you think you have enough young, difference-making talent to move full steam ahead, but it makes no sense when the FO consensus is (according to Jeanie's conversation with Magic) that they don't.

Last edited by greenfrog on Mon May 08, 2017 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

No but the FO is gonna pull the trigger.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Yes, but on one condition; Indiana grants us, perhaps after an impasse, the opportunity to work out an extension w/him before everybody signs off on the deal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
davidse wrote:

I think this is astute.

I think it's obvious (at least for LG poll purposes). Most don't want to trade for him if we have a top 3 pick; so of course it would be a firmer no without a top 3 pick.

Didn't think that was an interesting option at all.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:

But I might be wrong.

Lottery is 5/16.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:

But I might be wrong.

Lottery is 5/16.

Gotcha. Yeah, that should influence everything. If the FO is so desperate to make the PG13 trade without a top 3 pick, we are in more trouble than imagined.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Appreciated Aeneas Hunter
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
davidse wrote:

I think this is astute.

I think it's obvious (at least for LG poll purposes). Most don't want to trade for him if we have a top 3 pick; so of course it would be a firmer no without a top 3 pick.

Not necessarily Yinoma.

Some might think you have a bigger incentive to shoot your shot, go for the sure thing, try the free agent path - if you lose your pick.

After thinking about it - I wouldn't do it and my logic would be the opposite of that, but I think some would see things differently.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:16 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:

But I might be wrong.

Lottery is 5/16.

Gotcha. Yeah, that should influence everything. If the FO is so desperate to make the PG13 trade without a top 3 pick, we are in more trouble than imagined.

But if they're not - the whole debate is dead till the deadline (at least from a Lakers pov) barring some low ball no Russell no Ingram offer.
So yeah, it's dead if we don't get lucky in a week.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
davidse wrote:

I think this is astute.

Not necessarily Yinoma.

Some might think you have a bigger incentive to shoot your shot, go for the sure thing, try the free agent path - if you lose your pick.

After thinking about it - I wouldn't do it and my logic would be the opposite of that, but I think some would see things differently.

No, what I'm saying is that 75% is against trading for PG13 (with a top 3 pick). That would probably be 99% against if we don't have a top 3 pick.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm really shocked about how much love this crap roster is getting from fans formerly used to win trophies
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject:

If we were the Celtics I would have said yes, but they are in the position to compete for championships and we aren't. We don't even know what we have in DLO & Ingram yet. Zack Lowe feels that Randle will be a really good player someday. So our top 3 players, are all unknowns. If we trade two of those (say Randle is included in whatever trade) for Paul George, we wouldn't be in position to win anyways. We will be like the Pacers of the West. A team that didn't deserve to be in the playoffs, that got immediately bounced. Is that what we want for the next 4-5 years? And that's assuming Paul George resigns with us.

Okay, but there are people who will say Paul George can bring in someone like Cousins a year later. Paul George and Cousins alone are not good enough to win a NBA title.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
davidse wrote:

I think this is astute.

Not necessarily Yinoma.

No, what I'm saying is that 75% is against trading for PG13 (with a top 3 pick). That would probably be 99% against if we don't have a top 3 pick.

And what I'm saying is that some people who might opt for long young rebuild if we have the pick, would actually opt for a George trade if we don't have the pick and don't have as much young talent to groom.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
davidse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
davidse wrote:

I think this is astute.

Not necessarily Yinoma.

And what I'm saying is that some people who might opt for long young rebuild if we have the pick, would actually opt for a George trade if we don't have the pick and don't have as much young talent to groom.

Hmm...I really don't see that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14
Jump to: