Would You Trade for Paul George This Summer?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade for Paul George this summer?
Yes. He's worth it.
26%
 26%  [ 47 ]
No. We're giving up too much and/or we should wait for him as a FA in 2018.
73%
 73%  [ 132 ]
Total Votes : 179

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

I like that scenario though I don't see why indiana would be giving us a first pick
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:

Ingram is too young, he is a bench player at this stage.

You start George at SF and bring Ingram from the bench.

If you draft Fultz you move Dlo, if it is not the 1st pick move it. A top 2nd/3rd pick may have more value to other teams than Ingram/Russell.

That would work, except for the DLO part. Trade the pick/Fultz for PG.

The basic idea is the same, but while I have:

Fultz > Ingram > Dlo > Ball > Tatum/Jackson

you have:

Dlo > everything.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

I just think we as die hard Lakers fans are overvaluing our players as trade assets. While we are giddy about DLO/Ingram, I don't think the Pacers consider them as top tier assets. I think their expectation is something like DLO/Ingram + the pick or something ridiculous like that.

Not sure what PG13's ultimate cost will be, but if Magic wants to punt, I'm totally fine with that too.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I just think we as die hard Lakers fans are overvaluing our players as trade assets. While we are giddy about DLO/Ingram, I don't think the Pacers consider them as top tier assets. I think their expectation is something like DLO/Ingram + the pick or something ridiculous like that.

Not sure what PG13's ultimate cost will be, but if Magic wants to punt, I'm totally fine with that too.

Sorry, but you are becoming a hater.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sorry, but you are becoming a hater.

Sigh.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject:

Let's all do the chant that Utah did their last couple of minutes before elimination. "Gordon Hayward" "Gordon Hayward".

Same age as Paul George. Free agent. We don't lose any assets. If we get a top three pick this year, then we can go after PG13 also.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Let's all do the chant that Utah did their last couple of minutes before elimination. "Gordon Hayward" "Gordon Hayward".

Same age as Paul George. Free agent. We don't lose any assets. If we get a top three pick this year, then we can go after PG13 also.

totally agree... Hayward should be our top target this summer, George should be our top target next summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

I mean if we could get Hayward it's a no brainer.

We have like a 1% chance at Hayward.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

totally agree... Hayward should be our top target this summer, George should be our top target next summer.

I believe both should be our top targets this summer.

If we trade for George we have a shot at Hayward.

If we sign Hayward I don't see why George would leave us.

I look at George as the first domino.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I believe both should be our top targets this summer.

If we trade for George we have a shot at Hayward.

If we sign Hayward I don't see why George would leave us.

I look at George as the first domino.

I like what I see here...
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Suppose we met with Hayward, and he said he'd agree to come to LA provided we trade for Paul George as well.

Under those circumstances, what would you trade in a deal for PG?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Suppose we met with Hayward, and he said he'd agree to come to LA provided we trade for Paul George as well.

Damn. Good scenario.

Assuming #2 or #3 pick, DLO, Ingram...hmm. I'd offer 1 and a future 1st plus fillers as starter.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:

Damn. Good scenario.

Assuming #2 or #3 pick, DLO, Ingram...hmm. I'd offer 1 and a future 1st plus fillers as starter.

Sounds like some Lebron "I'm Coming Home" stuff...

Remember though, they only gave up Andrew Wiggins for Love. Bennett doesn't count and I'm sure they were both aware of that by trade time. There was also a 24 pick in the 2015 draft that turned out to be Tyus Jones.

Basically what I'm saying we don't have to sell the farm to get Paul George, just hope for the ping pong balls to bounce our way. If the Celtics want to over pay, then that's on them.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject:

Paul George would not change the Lakers.

But would give up the salaries of Mosgov and Deng combined for him.
And then maybe a draft pick to get rid of them.

But none of the precious young core.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
tox wrote:

Damn. Good scenario.

Sounds like some Lebron "I'm Coming Home" stuff...

Remember though, they only gave up Andrew Wiggins for Love. Bennett doesn't count and I'm sure they were both aware of that by trade time. There was also a 24 pick in the 2015 draft that turned out to be Tyus Jones.

Basically what I'm saying we don't have to sell the farm to get Paul George, just hope for the ping pong balls to bounce our way. If the Celtics want to over pay, then that's on them.

I still think there's a 1% chance of this, but in your hypothetical, say Ingram + future 1st goes out for PG13, you'd have:

DLO
Hayward
PG13
Jules
Moz

Starting 5. Assuming we kept the top 3 pick. That's crazy. Assume we send out the top 3 pick instead.

DLO
Hayward
PG13
Jules
Moz

With Ingram off the bench.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

I will feel more comfortable moving Ingram for PG13 if Hayward is coming too. Even the #1 pick that I'm not willing to trade for him can be an option if we are not giving much more in that deal. You don't pass the chance to land two legit two way all stars if you are giving just young talent that still has to show signals that they are going to be at least as good as one of those players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
tox wrote:

I will feel more comfortable moving Ingram for PG13 if Hayward is coming too. Even the #1 pick that I'm not willing to trade for him can be an option if we are not giving much more in that deal. You don't pass the chance to land two legit two way all stars if you are giving just young talent that still has to show signals that they are going to be at least as good as one of those players.

If we were getting PG13 and Hayward, then you would almost have to trade Ingram and keep DLO/Top 3 pick. Where is Ingram getting minutes? As a backup SF?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

If we were getting PG13 and Hayward, then you would almost have to trade Ingram and keep DLO/Top 3 pick. Where is Ingram getting minutes? As a backup SF?

Yinoma, we were tanking last season, but I don't think Ingram is starting material at this stage of his development be it physical or skill wise.

Ingram is a long term project that IMO has a lower floor than other prospects we have and a higher ceiling. I believe he is going to be better suited to play the PF spot when he is physically ready to start and I think it is going to take at least a couple of seasons before he can be a contributor (if you are trying to win games).

Dlo has a higher floor, I don't think at this point he is also starting material if you are trying to contend, but he is more of a sure thing than Ingram/pick and with one more season of experience I believe he may be ready. My concern here is that I'm really not sold on him as a PG, I believe his best role is Hayward's role.

I believe the pick is our most coveted asset, but winning the lottery I'd try to keep it above anything. Fultz has everything I like on Dlo and I don't have the same concerns. We never know how a player is going to develop, but if I believe Ingram has a shot at stardom but can also ending up just average and that Dlo is a good player as he is and has a shot to be the 2nd or 3rd best player on a contender, I really think Fultz has all the tools to be an f*ckin great PG in this league.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yinoma, we were tanking last season, but I don't think Ingram is starting material at this stage of his development be it physical or skill wise.

Ingram is a long term project that IMO has a lower floor than other prospects we have and a higher ceiling. I believe he is going to be better suited to play the PF spot when he is physically ready to start and I think it is going to take at least a couple of seasons before he can be a contributor (if you are trying to win games).

Dlo has a higher floor, I don't think at this point he is also starting material if you are trying to contend, but he is more of a sure thing than Ingram/pick and with one more season of experience I believe he may be ready. My concern here is that I'm really not sold on him as a PG, I believe his best role is Hayward's role.

I believe the pick is our most coveted asset, but winning the lottery I'd try to keep it above anything. Fultz has everything I like on Dlo and I don't have the same concerns. We never know how a player is going to develop, but if I believe Ingram has a shot at stardom but can also ending up just average and that Dlo is a good player as he is and has a shot to be the 2nd or 3rd best player on a contender, I really think Fultz has all the tools to be an f*ckin great PG in this league.

My goodness. I read this in my head with slick Bill Clinton's voice, just taking all sides of the debate.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

My goodness. I read this in my head with slick Bill Clinton's voice, just taking all sides of the debate.

lol

One think about Ingram as SF that is going to backup PG13 while other thinks when he is ready to start he is more suited to play the PF spot.

Other thinks Dlo is better suited to the SG spot and that he is going to be Hayward's backup with someone else initiating the offense.

If I'm moving Ingram while keeping Dlo I'm going after Curry, not Hayward.

Ps: I'm sure you are aware that it is all pipe at this point
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

You'd think Ingram since there would be no space in the lineup for him, but at the same time he's only 19 and both Hayward and George are 27. 4 years down the line when they are both 31, Ingram may be better than either player.

DLO...I'm not sure who'd run the PG position if you deal him. Clarkson's not the player you want next to Hayward and George. Would deal DLO in the event we keep the pick. Ball especially would seem great for that team.

Would not deal the pick even if it's #3 because you know Ball would force his way here.

It's Randle/Clarkson/#28 and one of DLO/Ingram for me, probably DLO.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:

In addition the picks, i'd be open to the idea of trading Randle if it's bringing back Hayward and George.

But now where do you play them? We now have three guys (PG, Hayward, Ingram) who are out of position at anywhere other than the 3. You basically have to trade Ingram at that point (instead of the pick).

Otherwise, signing Hayward and trading for PG feels a little wasteful no?
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:

In addition the picks, i'd be open to the idea of trading Randle if it's bringing back Hayward and George.

But now where do you play them? We now have three guys (PG, Hayward, Ingram) who are out of position at anywhere other than the 3. You basically have to trade Ingram at that point (instead of the pick).

There is no way Ingram is ready to start if you build a team planning to win games. By the time Ingram is ready you have PG13 entering the wrong side of the 30's and you have continuity.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
tox wrote:

You'd think Ingram since there would be no space in the lineup for him, but at the same time he's only 19 and both Hayward and George are 27. 4 years down the line when they are both 31, Ingram may be better than either player.

DLO...I'm not sure who'd run the PG position if you deal him. Clarkson's not the player you want next to Hayward and George. Would deal DLO in the event we keep the pick. Ball especially would seem great for that team.

Would not deal the pick even if it's #3 because you know Ball would force his way here.

It's Randle/Clarkson/#28 and one of DLO/Ingram for me, probably DLO.

Very little guard depth at that point (Ball and Clarkson?). You have to play Hayward at the 2, and then make Ingram play the 4 since PG has made it clear that he won't. It's fun to get stars, but I feel like i've seen this movie before.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
tox wrote:

There is no way Ingram is ready to start if you build a team planning to win games. By the time Ingram is ready you have PG13 entering the wrong side of the 30's and you have continuity.

BI will start next year...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14
Jump to: