Thunder teammate warned Enes Kanter not to take picture with Kevin Durant

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Thunder teammate warned Enes Kanter not to take picture with Kevin Durant

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/09/thunder-teammate-warned-enes-kanter-not-to-take-picture-with-kevin-durant/

Quote:
Thunder teammate warned Enes Kanter not to take picture with Kevin Durant

Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to email (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)

Apparently, some Thunder players still are not ready to move on from their anger at Kevin Durant. (Most Thunder fans would applaud that sentiment.)

Enes Kanter was willing to move on. The scoring big man for OKC was set to play in a summer pickup game with other NBA players such as LeBron James — a common thing, NBA players work out with each other all summer — when he got a text. Kanter laid it out on Timeout with Taylor Rooks podcast last week, via The Oklahoman.

“I’m not gonna tell who, but one of my teammates a couple weeks before that scrimmage game said, ‘If I see picture of you and KD’ – because he knows that KD lives in the same apartment as me – ‘don’t come back to OKC,’” Kanter said.

Kanter said he told the game organizer he wanted to be on the other team, and he was at first, but we all know how pickup games go, teams get switched around. Kanter ended up playing with KD for a stretch.

“He called me and said, ‘Did you talk to him?’” Kanter said. “He heard about the game so he asked me if I talked to him, if I was friendly or not, if I was on his team. I was like, ‘I was not on his team.’ He was like, ‘You’re lying. I watched. You were on his team.’ I was like, ‘Maybe I was on his team a little bit.’…

“First time he walked into the gym, it was awkward,” Kanter said. “But the stuff going on, it’s only on the court. Outside, I believe he’s a really, really nice guy. He’s always a chill dude. He came to me and said ‘What’s up?’ and of course I shook his hand.”

Most NBA players are quick to separate the business part of the game from the personal (something being a fan, by its nature, never really allows). Current players almost never criticize the move of a teammate to play where he wants or to chase a paycheck (in Durant’s case, it wasn’t about the money but rather the environment he wanted to play in). But that’s not universal.

Durant has moved on, and he’s got his ring (or, more accurately, his first ring). Some former Thunder teammates are still feeling betrayed.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

"I'm R not U gonna S tell S who"
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Whoever told him that should consider growing up.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject:

They really need to get over it lol.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

Rusty is salty, he uses it to play like a demon.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

They should probably just all go-ahead and stop talking to Paul George now...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: