My quick thoughts on the Lakers. What say you
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject:

fusuyballer wrote:

Prediction. We do not get Lebron. Paul George and Cousins become Lakers in 2018.

Lonzo
George
Brandon
Kuzma
Cousins

You're welcome.

I always thought Lebron was a long shot to come here, but it's hard to predict what he'll do. He can basically go anywhere from he has a lot of balls in air in terms of winning and image.

The Lakers have made no secret about trying to acquire Cousins and George so they are kind of a no-brainer prediction. They are the top two free agents who are mostly likely to actually leave their current team, so if Lebron stays put they are the two guys we would go after hard.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

My God dude (OP). You called in sick today or something? Starting threads about Zo changing his shooting motion mid-season, calling most people on LG fat bums, and now digging up your old threads for whatever reason.

You have some valid points but you are wrong about one thing, and it happens to be your longest paragraph. You don't see how BI could be a star and called him a "lifestyle" guy. You said that it seems like he's more into tattoos and artwork than playing basketball.

If you watched games last season, it was clear BI showed flashes of what he could become. And if you're concerned about his tattoos then what about Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, KD, etc? Did their tattoos prohibit them from being great? And his artwork? The video predraft in NYC drawing random people? Is that his gotcha moment? The video that will haunt him forever? The reason for his failure? If you know anything about BI, he's always in the gym. They had to lock him out of the gym because he was there too much. Think about that dude.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

OP, how many points do you average per game at 24 hour fitness?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Low expectations? We should be thrilled if we get the kind of production from Ingram if we are a contending team.

This guy who is 19,younger then 90% of next years draft, the second youngest player in the league, known for being underdeveloped, started off really slow in both college and NBA, played for a team where no one really took defensive attention off of him (I'm talking post ASB) and still managed to average 13/4/3 on 47% despite not being able to make a jumpshot and barely get free points from FTs. And you think he's going to peak at 15/5/2. Meaning, he's already averaged his career high in assists, he's 1 rebound away from his peak rebounding season, and he's barely going to make improvements as a shooter or scorer.

and on top of that, you actually say "we should be thrilled". Hell no we shouldn't be thrilled that our 2nd overall pick has 80% peaked during his rookie season and ended up being a role player. I could actually understand if this is your prediction but to say "we should be thrilled" is BS.

Safe to say, I'm bookmarking this thread because I'm confident that this is going to look really stupid halfway through his sophomore season.

15/5/2 would be very good numbers on a contending team as the 3rd, 4th, or 5th option. So I would agree with vlf there. But those numbers on this team now as the first or second option? Nope... I agree with you there that would not be a good ceiling.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:53 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I need to know how seriously to trust his basketball expertise.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
My God dude (OP). You called in sick today or something? Starting threads about Zo changing his shooting motion mid-season, calling most people on LG fat bums, and now digging up your old threads for whatever reason.

You have some valid points but you are wrong about one thing, and it happens to be your longest paragraph. You don't see how BI could be a star and called him a "lifestyle" guy. You said that it seems like he's more into tattoos and artwork than playing basketball.

If you watched games last season, it was clear BI showed flashes of what he could become. And if you're concerned about his tattoos then what about Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, KD, etc? Did their tattoos prohibit them from being great? And his artwork? The video predraft in NYC drawing random people? Is that his gotcha moment? The video that will haunt him forever? The reason for his failure? If you know anything about BI, he's always in the gym. They had to lock him out of the gym because he was there too much. Think about that dude.

tattoos have been known to affect the observers in a harsh way....
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

tattoos have been known to affect the observers in a harsh way....

I forgot Iverson too. Hurt his career, huh? I remember when an opposing team photoshopped AI's tattoos off of the cover of the game brochure. I think OP wishes he could do the same to BI's arms. 😂
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject:

TLDR bro. How do you title your post as “quick thoughts” and write an essay??!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

I'd argue that Brandon Ingram is the hardest working guy on the team, as proven by last summer. Just non stop reports of a guy being in a gym and working on his skills.

The eye-test should show a VERY clear difference from being a 3-and-D prototype into a primary offensive option with Iso abilities.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject:

The OP needs to change the thread title, there is nothing "quick" about his original post...

Since it is old and many things have happened since, there was no need to bump it...
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Hate to start a new thread, but my thoughts on the Lakers so far.

- Way above the expectation I have after the end of last season
-Defense improved (more trust, hustle & communication)
-Offense improved (more free flowing not stagnant)
-Players better (Ingram, Nance, Randle & Clarkson)
-Rookies showing promise (Kuz, Zo, Hart & Bryant)

This team is fun to watch and looking like moving towards the right direction. There seemed to be a lot of fans that look for lottery jackpot after one summer. If we get to the playoff, it would be a great season. We quickly forget how bad our team is a few months ago.
-cap hell (Moz n Deng)
-laughing stock management (Buss n Mitch)
-no real promising prospect (Dlo, Randle, Clarkson, Nance, Ingram & Zu)
-not a FA destination

I'm enjoying the process as I can see a light at the end of this tunnel.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: