Byron Scott: Trade some young guys to get Paul George
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

what if we just sign Gordon Hayward instead? if PG13 is going to cost us too much, i think going for Hayward is a solid plan B
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Paul George was a Kobe fan, but he was clipper fan.

Last edited by Outspoken on Fri May 12, 2017 11:07 am; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Paul George was a Kobe fan, but he was clipper fan.

Clipper fan? Red flags galore.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
what if we just sign Gordon Hayward instead? if PG13 is going to cost us too much, i think going for Hayward is a solid plan B

Cause Gordon Hayward isn't coming here with Boston, Utah and the Rockets going after him.

Boston could very well land Fultz/Ball/Jackson in the draft, and trade them to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler and then pursue Hayward in free agency.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

I know people don't want to hear it, but the showtime laker guys do have influence in what the Lakers do especially with Magic at helm, Coop was pushing for the Lakers to get Melo and there is a chance that kind of statement can have a potential effect on us pursuing guys like Melo and PG13
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: B. Scott is last guy you want advising the team

He is a great player but not a FO or coach type.

Giving up the young core and draft picks for a player who is great
but does not fit is a huge mistake.

The previous FO just looked for the quick fix instead of looking to the fuiture.

Now stuck with two non productive veterans who take up a huge portion of
salary cap. That misktake was just last YEAR.

And giving up 5 first round draft choices for players who never played for
the Lakers.

Now have to hope for luck in the lottery, but if not would not blame that on Magic.
The real problems were Kupchak and Jim B.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
How about waiting till free agency as opposed to watching him go to the Rockets or the Celtics after we fail to put the pieces around him to help him do any better than he did in Indiana because as has been shown, a team with Paul George as their best player isn't going to win a championship. In Houston he'd be their 2nd best player so that would be a major point of contention.

Gotta stop overrating Paul George cause he's the guy that's "there" and you're still hurting from Dwight, Melo, Aldridge, Deandre and Whiteside all walking away or not talking to us at all.

George has shown how far teams built around him will go. You add him to our roster fully in tact if you want to do any better than Indiana. Getting rid of pieces just to add him to it would be a mistake, and you'd be doing it on a one year rental. Houston would scoop him up without thinking in the off-season.

You are the one hurting from Dwight, most of us realize that George is more inclined to go with whoever has his Bird Rights.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

I would hope that we go after Hayward, not doing so would be negligent.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Not a surprise, it is the most logical way to get PG13.

Julius is the first young player I'm trying to move because he is going to get payed soon.

If Magic can find a way to get rid of Deng or Mozgov sending Julius as the prized asset I'd build him another statue

Trading for George while cleaning up some capspace to be a player in free agency is the natural path for a front office that just took over after four miserable seasons as the laughingstock of the league without a single player you can build around.

I repeat, it makes no sense to purge the former front office and related employees if the plan is to stand pat. I'm sure something is going to be done and Byron is closer to the decision makers than any of us.

Honestly, if we could trade Randle, Deng or Moz and our second or third pick in the draft, and/or Young, I would do this in a heartbeat. Would EVEN consider one of our other bigs, like Nance or Black, etc. PG would be an upgrade over Randle and, in the end, if we get PG, Randle will lose a bunch of minutes at the very least.

I still like the idea of seeing Ingram play along side PG. Seems like that could be some pretty serious paint defense to me.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm fairly sure at some point after that interview Byron said, "I don't know why they are messing with bringing in all these analytic guys. Analytic guys do funny things with numbers, they aren't real men. Real men go out on the court and do battle. Back in the day, we didn't use math or shoot 3 pointers. This new generation with their math guys and medical centers is soft and... that's why I think we should toss in as many young guys as Indy wants for Paul George."
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
nash wrote:

Julius is the first young player I'm trying to move because he is going to get payed soon.

If Magic can find a way to get rid of Deng or Mozgov sending Julius as the prized asset I'd build him another statue

Trading for George while cleaning up some capspace to be a player in free agency is the natural path for a front office that just took over after four miserable seasons as the laughingstock of the league without a single player you can build around.

I repeat, it makes no sense to purge the former front office and related employees if the plan is to stand pat. I'm sure something is going to be done and Byron is closer to the decision makers than any of us.

Honestly, if we could trade Randle, Deng or Moz and our second or third pick in the draft, and/or Young, I would do this in a heartbeat. Would EVEN consider one of our other bigs, like Nance or Black, etc. PG would be an upgrade over Randle and, in the end, if we get PG, Randle will lose a bunch of minutes at the very least.

I still like the idea of seeing Ingram play along side PG. Seems like that could be some pretty serious paint defense to me.

why would Indy want Moz or Deng? or Nick for that matter? I do actually have a sinking feeling we may lose Nance if we trade for PG. Nance is a high value guy on and off the court so it may look like he gets tossed into the trade but I'd assume Indy would actually be asking for him.

btw, if we can somehow use Tarik in the trade? I'd have to nominate Pelinka for early Godhood
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

why would Indy want Moz or Deng? or Nick for that matter? I do actually have a sinking feeling we may lose Nance if we trade for PG. Nance is a high value guy on and off the court so it may look like he gets tossed into the trade but I'd assume Indy would actually be asking for him.

btw, if we can somehow use Tarik in the trade? I'd have to nominate Pelinka for early Godhood

Salaries have to match, we are going to send some trash in a trade
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

BS says; man up and trade ....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
nash wrote:

Randle doesn't play SF and George doesn't play PF, so there is no conflict. And we can't trade Young.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

They don't have to match since we will be under the cap
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nash wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:

They don't have to match since we will be under the cap

Come on dude, let me send Deng to Indi
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Maybe a blend of young and old. Departing with Jordan Clarkson wouldn't be too bad.

Not a bit fan of his, and he's pretty much at his peak.
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Of course you would Byron...
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Cause Gordon Hayward isn't coming here with Boston, Utah and the Rockets going after him.

Boston could very well land Fultz/Ball/Jackson in the draft, and trade them to the Bulls for Jimmy Butler and then pursue Hayward in free agency.

don't forget Spurs. they can clear enough cap space to sign him. they can keep Patty Mills and have D Murray on cheap

Dedmon
LA
Kawahii
Hawyard
Mills/Murray

good lineup
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:19 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
They can have Julius, Clarkson and Nance.

Not Nance, please.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:02 am    Post subject:

At most I'd offer Clarkson, Randle, and the pick(assuming we keep it) but the one caveat is they must take Deng off our hands.

PG, DLo, Ingram, Z, and Nance is a solid foundation moving forward. Still need to sign one playmaker in FA.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:

They both will cost a lot and I think the Lakers feel Paul George is a better player.

And I would agree with them in that assessment.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
They can have Julius, Clarkson and Nance.

Not Nance, please.

If it takes getting rid of a role player to complete a deal, we have to do it.

We could easily replace Nance with a low cost option that provides the same skills.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

They both will cost a lot and I think the Lakers feel Paul George is a better player.

Let's not fight. How about both?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:

Let's not fight. How about both?

Two is better than one...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: