Peyton Manning to host the 25th annual ESPYs on July 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Peyton Manning to host the 25th annual ESPYs on July 12

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/16/peyton-manning-to-host-the-espys/

Quote:
Peyton Manning to host the ESPYs

Peyton Manning has finally taken a post-football job. Sort of.

The former quarterback who remains a prominent chicken-parm insurance pitchman in his retirement will get back to work later this year, when he hosts the ESPY Awards on ABC.

“It’s an honor to be asked to host the ESPYs, and it’s even more meaningful that it’s the 25th year for this incredible event,” Manning said in a press release. “The ESPYs have been a part of my life during my entire career — I can still remember attending my very first show back in 1998 before my rookie season in the NFL.”

Manning has hosted Saturday Night Live to rave reviews, thanks to a folksy style, a natural wit, and a knack for self-deprecation. He has resisted overtures to become involved in TV as a football analyst, and the smart money continues to predict that he’ll eventually be running his own team, as a G.M. or a partial owner.

Of course, becoming an owner will require a lot of money. He’ll likely be getting plenty of it to host the ESPYs.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

https://www.apnews.com/734141d9bde4456b850fbe536c89d710/Vin-Scully-to-receive-Icon-Award-at-The-ESPYS?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

Quote:
Vin Scully to receive Icon Award at The ESPYS

Today

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Vin Scully will receive the Icon Award at The ESPYS, with actor Bryan Cranston presenting the honor given to those whose careers have left a lasting impression on the sports world.

Scully retired last fall after 67 years calling Los Angeles Dodgers games. The 89-year-old Hall of Famer’s career was the longest tenure of any broadcaster with a single pro sports team.

Past recipients of the Icon Award are Kobe Bryant, Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning and Abby Wambach.

Manning hosts the 25th annual awards show, which celebrates the best sports stories of the year, on Wednesday night in Los Angeles.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: