OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 419, 420, 421 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject:

Lonzo looks about a good 2 inches or more taller than Hart.saw it predicted that Lonzo will be 6'8 and 220-230 pounds in his prime.

That's not a bad guess. At the 1 he'd be terror to have to deal with.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
So you just run the pick five feet inside the half court line. Ball has great straight line speed and can dish to either side. If the guard goes under Lonzo has him in quasi transition and if the big switches he's out where the air is very thin.

You'll have both defenders automatically sagging unless Zo starts making shots from 35'.

If I had a really good perimeter defender, I'd go out of my way to blitz Lonzo near halfcourt. The passing is great. The handle, not so much.

But if I'm the defense, and I've got a big with the basketball 35' away from the hoop, I'm already ahead.
if you blitz lonzo early. that would be a big mistake. he's not like any of the guards of today. he wont try to split the double team. he will just hurry up and give up the basketball to the open teammate. who if is smart will make one more pass since someone is wayyyy out of position trying to trap Lonzo way up top. This would make sure a laker is wide open. remember lonzo does not dribble a ton. he will make a quick decision to give it up. and he's also 6'6 so he can see over the top of most people.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I get the feeling Lebron has always wanted to play with a pass-first PG, based on the snarky comments about Kyrie's assist numbers. It would prolong his career at this point, similar to what Magic did for Kareem.
I dont think prime younger bron wanted a pass first pg. if that were to happen, he would have to get off the ball. which would decrease some of his greatness in the eyes of the public. if he wasnt handling the ball so much. he would look like a super athletic Sf that can score. but not what he looks like now. where you are trying to rank him among the best to ever do it.

He also didnt like to be just a slasher/cutter. and since he cant really shoot. he can't be your catch and shoot guy.

Old man bron would love a passing pg like most old men
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Anyone find it interesting Lonzo said Kuzma helps his game because he's a 4 that can run and shoot?

Randle's sweating.

cp3 with a young dwest
cp3 with an older blake griffin(when the shot started falling.)
Stockon and malone
nash and amare
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I think defenses are going to do this:

1. Go under the screen to see if Lonzo can hit his shot.

2. If he hits his shots, then they will switch and see if he can take a big and abuse that matchup. If he can't (one of the criticisms of his game right now), that makes it tough.

If you are popping Lopez, then you aren't getting anywhere with a switch in that situation. A guard can get in Lopez's shirt on the perimeter. So we'll need to roll him and abuse the matchup against the smaller defender in the paint or draw the D in with the roll. At this point, they are then likely daring Randle to beat them from the perimeter...or Lonzo to beat the big on iso, which isn't his strength right now.

Lonzo's giving it to an open Randle on the perimeter. A lot I think against smarter defenses. All that work on his shooting this summer needs to show. If it does, Zo and Lopez are going to open up a lot for Jules (or Nance or Kuzma).

to your
#2..there's more than one way to skin a cat. even when one way is used most of the time by most people.

Zo doesnt even have to take the big to the rack and score. he could easily do what he always does. quickly give the ball to a teammate and cut hard. he will still big man off the cut.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Lonzo Ball does not seem like a Phil Jackson type pick to me.
ring, you may have forgoten about Phil's love for big guards.

technically speaking lonzo can shoot the nba 3. he's 6'6. and he loves to pass but he will shoot it if need be.

perfect phil big guard pick up. He's actually a better version of old man bshaw and broken down hurt ron harper.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
OCWA wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

He seems like the quintessential one to me. Big, smart, unselfish. Kobe and Michael don't seem like Phil/triangle players to me.

They probably aren't. They both clashed with Phil and hate the triangle but accepted it later.

And are the only reason it ever worked, because it requires an exceptionally talented shot creator for whenever the team fails to get a shot from triangle
or an exceptional passing big man that can score at will. like...hakeem
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lonzo looks about a good 2 inches or more taller than Hart.saw it predicted that Lonzo will be 6'8 and 220-230 pounds in his prime.

His father and brother closest in age are built. He's pretty thin but I do wonder if he won't get a lot stronger in the next 3-4 years.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

His father and brother closest in age are built. He's pretty thin but I do wonder if he won't get a lot stronger in the next 3-4 years.

If he can post up at that size nobody will care how his J looks.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
ring, you may have forgoten about Phil's love for big guards.

technically speaking lonzo can shoot the nba 3. he's 6'6. and he loves to pass but he will shoot it if need be.

perfect phil big guard pick up. He's actually a better version of old man bshaw and broken down hurt ron harper.

Well, I said that because Phil likes players who can score out of the post. He does like big players, agreed, but they have to be able to score out of the post. Lonzo is not that kind of player IMO. At least not yet =)
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I've been taking a vacation from the Lounge for a while...Can someone fill me in on Lonzo, Kuz, even Ingram? Have they been in the gym working on their games?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I've been taking a vacation from the Lounge for a while...Can someone fill me in on Lonzo, Kuz, even Ingram? Have they been in the gym working on their games?

I'm sure they've been in there every day for hours on end, as all NBA players do.. but we don't have film or anything to break downs
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
So you just run the pick five feet inside the half court line. Ball has great straight line speed and can dish to either side. If the guard goes under Lonzo has him in quasi transition and if the big switches he's out where the air is very thin.

You'll have both defenders automatically sagging unless Zo starts making shots from 35'.

If I had a really good perimeter defender, I'd go out of my way to blitz Lonzo near halfcourt. The passing is great. The handle, not so much.

But if I'm the defense, and I've got a big with the basketball 35' away from the hoop, I'm already ahead.
if you blitz lonzo early. that would be a big mistake. he's not like any of the guards of today. he wont try to split the double team. he will just hurry up and give up the basketball to the open teammate. who if is smart will make one more pass since someone is wayyyy out of position trying to trap Lonzo way up top. This would make sure a laker is wide open. remember lonzo does not dribble a ton. he will make a quick decision to give it up. and he's also 6'6 so he can see over the top of most people.

Actually, blitzing early can lead to a defensive advantage. Sure, the defense is temporarily scrambling, but if it's near halfcourt, there's time to recover.

On top of that, none of the teammates are even close to Lonzo's quickness/assessment/playmaking. If you're the defense, you WANT Jordan Clarkson or Vander Blue to create a play. MUCH higher chance of forcing a turnover or bad shot.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mirjalovic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Actually, blitzing early can lead to a defensive advantage. Sure, the defense is temporarily scrambling, but if it's near halfcourt, there's time to recover.

On top of that, none of the teammates are even close to Lonzo's quickness/assessment/playmaking. If you're the defense, you WANT Jordan Clarkson or Vander Blue to create a play. MUCH higher chance of forcing a turnover or bad shot.

Lonzo Ball is a generational point guard, of course none of his teammates close to his playmaking or court vision, but Ingram, Randle or Brook Lopez are not bad passer. Average at worst
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Mirjalovic wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Lonzo Ball is a generational point guard, of course none of his teammates close to his playmaking or court vision, but Ingram, Randle or Brook Lopez are not bad passer. Average at worst

They can pass the ball, but that is something I'm talking for a few seasons, a player is not a facilitator just because he can pass the ball, legit distributors are players able to put teammates in good position to score, not just find them when they are open.

Ingram is a good passer, Julius can move the ball, but they are not players you want to run the offense creating for others, the ball will stall in their hands.

Lonzo is something we are missing since Ramon Sessions, a player able to create for others.

I'm not dissing Nash or Kendall Marshall here, as much as I dislike Nash to the point that I didn't use this account for years, it was not his fault that he was hurt and Kendall Marshall is a great distributor, but just like Frodo he is not NBA material.

Lonzo is not just a pass first PG, he has an incredible feel for the game anticipating plays, I have really high hopes for him, he can be a generational PG.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:26 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Have you seen Liangelo these days? He's lost so much weight getting in shape he looks like a different guy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXW8nrQAj_n/?hl

That's Liangelo at the far end.

Look at 1:05.. the guy with the camera is Liangelo. Did you recognize him?

0:46 seconds that's also Liangelo shooting.

Kid's had a Marc Gasol transformation in the last few months.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:30 am    Post subject:

Mirjalovic wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Defense just won that possession by getting the ball out of the best playmaker's hands. That's exactly what I mean.

Sure, Kyrie isn't at LeBron's level, but he's too elite a scorer. GSW has Curry AND Dray outside of KD.

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Have you seen Liangelo these days? He's lost so much weight getting in shape he looks like a different guy.

Gelo got game too!

(UCLA is loaded)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject:

I'm ok with Julius with the ball near half court with a 4 on 3 advantage
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/08/18/investing/sneakers-foot-locker-nike-under-armour/index.html

Big Baller Brand disrupting the market and less people willing to buy Big 3 Sneakers bc they are buying BBB!

jk calm down
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
MJST wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gelo got game too!

(UCLA is loaded)

LiAngelo gonna surprise people and be an NBA player.

....who ends up being drafted by the Lakers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
MJST wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gelo got game too!

(UCLA is loaded)

Speak it into existence
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
MJST wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gelo got game too!

(UCLA is loaded)

Speak it into existence

His dad said he is 1 and done. Lakers only have pick 43 in 2018. So he has to fall pretty far.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
MJST wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:

Gelo got game too!

(UCLA is loaded)

Speak it into existence

His dad said he is 1 and done. Lakers only have pick 43 in 2018. So he has to fall pretty far.

Think he's going to fall already. Undersized 4/3 with a penchant for gunning, not passing, ball-handling, or defense. NEEDS to wreck shop as a pick and pop 4.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/898683464005722112
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 419, 420, 421 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 420 of 1688
Jump to: