OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 473, 474, 475 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Zo should have had 10 assists but is teammates fumbled sharp passes and missed easy buckets

A guy on the team had the same problem last season. Strange.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject:

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Not worried about his game. Wish we had a complimentary sg who was around the same age, could run the half court offense and pick and rolls and drain 3 balls. They should look into getting someone like that

DO NOT even hint at he who shall not be named or the extremely complmentary duo that former human who played in the #1 and Lonzo could have been.

Lonzo needs high IQ guys who can cut, shoot, read defenses, and move the ball. Instead we've got a collection of guys who either can't or don't want to shoot in BI, Deng, Julius, Nance, KCP, and Brewer.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

I know it's beating a dead horse but I wouldve loved to see him and D'Angelo. Perfect compliment. The defense would've sucked but can't be worse than what's being played now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

GonzagaAlum wrote:
Not worried about his game. Wish we had a complimentary sg who was around the same age, could run the half court offense and pick and rolls and drain 3 balls. They should look into getting someone like that

Had one.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

adkindo wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Oh lord, flipped to ESPN and Stephen A is with Lavar on the floor and Lavar is throwing the whole team under the bus.

please tell me your joking?

Nope I caught the end of it.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:57 pm    Post subject:

This team needs to thrown over by a Buss.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

GS doesn't just have some guys spacing the floor and ready to exploit the defense. GS has two of the best shooters of all-time and two great scorers. GS system is built around greatness first and foremost.

You don't think it can be approximated with competent shooters that the defense would have to respect and energetic, pass-conscious rim runners? I'm not asking for an all time great roster for Lonzo, I'm just asking for Larry Nance to shoot once off a (bleep) short roll when he's open. And I'm sorry but neither layup was heavily contested. Ingram bricked it off the glass with a small guy on him, and Clarkson straight up missed a 1ft shot with the defense on Brewer.

We have very little organized half court offense, so their calling card is running like young dogs now. But if you don't have shooters, finishers, or secondary playmakers on the floor you're right that it's turnover prone at best and downright physically dangerous at worst.

Pick your 4 other non all stars that you would ideally want to play around Lonzo.

Take last years Rockets - replace Harden with a strictly pass first PG (Lonzo) -does that team win 45 games?

And the fact is they didn't score on the pass ahead. I've seen more turnovers, forced shots, missed shots on the pass ahead than good results.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I liked what I saw from Zo tonight. He didn't back down. Put up some shots. Made some good passes. Attacked the basket, missed some gimmes, and played smart. Too bad the tools at his disposal on the team for combat are all Nerf bats.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

First career game after missing nearly all of preseason, against an All-World defender.

He did fine, and he will be fine.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

His shot was off. But he did all the other things. If guys made shots he'd have a double double assts and rebs. Not worried about Zo. Im more worried about BI and Luke.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

1st game of his career.
Can't wait to see improvement in the coming games.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Oh lord, flipped to ESPN and Stephen A is with Lavar on the floor and Lavar is throwing the whole team under the bus.

Nope I caught the end of it.

I watched the clip....wasn't too bad.....not like when he trashed the "white guys" at UCLA.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

It was cringeworthy. I wish ESPN would stop giving both of them a platform.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
adkindo wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

the clip I saw he was not calling anyone out by name or position...that is what I am worried about....what we saw from Beverly tonight....going to be one or two of those every week this season because of his father.
boxesofboxes
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

LaVar is right: Lonzo's the only guy on the team that can consistently get guys open looks. We almost can get away with "not running any plays" when he's on the floor; none of the shots go in but that's besides the point.

There is no semblance of an offense when Lonzo isn't on the floor. There's no coaching. There's no nothing. Lavar should coach the damned team.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

24ways2die wrote:
I know it's beating a dead horse but I wouldve loved to see him and D'Angelo. Perfect compliment. The defense would've sucked but can't be worse than what's being played now.

We don't play any defense so at least with Dlo we could have scored. I blame magic for the trade.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject:

boxesofboxes wrote:
LaVar is right: Lonzo's the only guy on the team that can consistently get guys open looks. We almost can get away with "not running any plays" when he's on the floor; none of the shots go in but that's besides the point.

There is no semblance of an offense when Lonzo isn't on the floor. There's no coaching. There's no nothing. Lavar should coach the damned team.

we lost by 16....he was a -14. Looked like (bleep) with him....looked like (bleep) without him.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
adkindo wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

the clip I saw he was not calling anyone out by name or position...that is what I am worried about....what we saw from Beverly tonight....going to be one or two of those every week this season because of his father.

I thought he handled Beverley pretty well.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
boxesofboxes wrote:

we lost by 16....he was a -14. Looked like (bleep) with him....looked like (bleep) without him.

Hmm. I thought the set offense was bad. Our transition was good but guys just missed bunnies. What killed us was our horrible defense and clips 2nd chance points.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
boxesofboxes wrote:

Hes a passer His success is tied to team success. If guys aren’t doing anything with his passes then its not his fault.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject:

They shot 39%

The 3's killed us on both ends

couldn't defend them
couldn't make them

Expect that all season with these players
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
We have no finishers and no shooters. Basically the worst possible team you could put around him. I would have rather seen Zo, Clarkson, Kuz, Randle, Lopez starting lineup.

The best possible team to highlight his skills wouldn't be a championship contender.

The type of players needed to become a championship team at most marginally benefit from playing with Lonzo.

A superstar talent that is entirely dependent on the team around him to truly impact the game is not a superstar talent.

I am just not a fan of what he brings to a team. Everyone loves the pass ahead. That might have worked in HS or college where the skill disparity was large, but in the NBA, that is a turnover or forced shot waiting to happen for 90% of NBA players.

Don't think that's true if you watch GS play. You just gotta have guys spacing the floor and ready to make the right pass to exploit the defender in the weakest position. You know, guys that are offensively organized.

And all of his pass aheads connected tonight.
Ingram and Clarkson both missed layups coming off of them.

Lonzo's pass aheads were the only efficient offense they had all night.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
levon wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
We have no finishers and no shooters. Basically the worst possible team you could put around him. I would have rather seen Zo, Clarkson, Kuz, Randle, Lopez starting lineup.

The best possible team to highlight his skills wouldn't be a championship contender.

The type of players needed to become a championship team at most marginally benefit from playing with Lonzo.

A superstar talent that is entirely dependent on the team around him to truly impact the game is not a superstar talent.

I am just not a fan of what he brings to a team. Everyone loves the pass ahead. That might have worked in HS or college where the skill disparity was large, but in the NBA, that is a turnover or forced shot waiting to happen for 90% of NBA players.

Don't think that's true if you watch GS play. You just gotta have guys spacing the floor and ready to make the right pass to exploit the defender in the weakest position. You know, guys that are offensively organized.

And all of his pass aheads connected tonight.
Ingram and Clarkson both missed layups coming off of them.

Lonzo's pass aheads were the only efficient offense they had all night.

And Brook got 2 fts on the breakaway foul
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Zo and Kuz are the only bright spots in this franchise and will be around long after this coaching staff and other players are gone. They should be playing together all the time. I dont think Luke cares though.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Zo and Kuz are the only bright spots in this franchise and will be around long after this coaching staff and other players are gone. They should be playing together all the time. I dont think Luke cares though.

I'll only care about that towards the middle of the season. Hope they get minutes together by then.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 473, 474, 475 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 474 of 1688
Jump to: