OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 474, 475, 476 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
boxesofboxes wrote:
LaVar is right: Lonzo's the only guy on the team that can consistently get guys open looks. We almost can get away with "not running any plays" when he's on the floor; none of the shots go in but that's besides the point.

There is no semblance of an offense when Lonzo isn't on the floor. There's no coaching. There's no nothing. Lavar should coach the damned team.

we lost by 16....he was a -14. Looked like (bleep) with him....looked like (bleep) without him.

Hes a passer His success is tied to team success. If guys aren’t doing anything with his passes then its not his fault.

I have to give it to you guys....you have created the greatest built in excuse for a player that I have ever seen....if the team does well, he gets credit....when they do poor, its the other guys fault because Lonzo is a passer

In what situation could Lonzo ever be blamed for a poor performance? Before, it was he is such a great team player, he will make everyone eles so much better....that was his value. Now that they stink, not his fault...he is a "passer"!

The guy has not looked good since the 5th SL game.... #scrimmageGOAT
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has a gift, but it isn't a take over type gift. He's a force multiplier.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Not saying Zo didn't look like crap but he should have gotten way more assists. We need some shooters.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

But that's a good thing right?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

You don't understand there are different kind of basketball players? Lonzo is going to be special, but he's going to need certain things around him.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Not everyone can be JC...
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Say if they give up on their max plan. They can at least put shooters around Zo next summer. OKC looks good. I don’t think PG is coming.

Last edited by socalsp3 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Not everyone can be JC...

justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Not everyone can be Josh Jackson...

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

but its just words....it is an attempt to create blind faith....there is no proof of it....look at his on/off numbers.....at UCLA...all those guys in SL (Alford and Leaf) produced at similar per 36 levels as they did with Ball @ UCLA. In SL, the team never lost a game without him....but lose two with him. I have seen negligible impact from him in the preseason or tonight.

Not saying he will not develop into a good player....but the excuses and claims on LG are simply things said to fulfill preconceived opinions.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
boxesofboxes wrote:
LaVar is right: Lonzo's the only guy on the team that can consistently get guys open looks. We almost can get away with "not running any plays" when he's on the floor; none of the shots go in but that's besides the point.

There is no semblance of an offense when Lonzo isn't on the floor. There's no coaching. There's no nothing. Lavar should coach the damned team.

we lost by 16....he was a -14. Looked like (bleep) with him....looked like (bleep) without him.

Hes a passer His success is tied to team success. If guys aren’t doing anything with his passes then its not his fault.

I have to give it to you guys....you have created the greatest built in excuse for a player that I have ever seen....if the team does well, he gets credit....when they do poor, its the other guys fault because Lonzo is a passer

In what situation could Lonzo ever be blamed for a poor performance? Before, it was he is such a great team player, he will make everyone eles so much better....that was his value. Now that they stink, not his fault...he is a "passer"!

Are you already taking a stance against him? Why would you use up time and energy championing for and against these kids, man?

He'll be blamed when he has a poor performance like turning the ball over, forcing shots that aren't there, not defending well, not hustling, etc, the same standards every basketball player is held to.

He got his shots off today. 6 is too few, that needs to be around 12 but he'll get there. Missed his usual floater and chippy layup that we were all missing. I didn't see anything that warranted blame, and frankly when he wasn't on the floor my interest in the game was really minimal.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

You don't understand there are different kind of basketball players? Lonzo is going to be special, but he's going to need certain things around him.

I understand....just has never been any proof to support the claim....just a line picked up from some Bruin blogger and repeated as cover for when there is a lack of production.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

He did a nice job rebounding tonight, and had some pretty nice long passes that didn't always equate to assists. I'm sure it wasn't exactly the start he was hoping for but he wasn't terrible either.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Loved the rebounding and that he looked fast. Seems to already be a growing sense that what we need to do is surround him with shooters and I'm on board with that.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I understand....just has never been any proof to support the claim....just a line picked up from some Bruin blogger and repeated as cover for when there is a lack of production.

I don't actually read any bruin blogs, and as you well know, I can make my own opinions, and yes, there's a ton of evidence for his value added to a unit.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
boxesofboxes wrote:

Are you already taking a stance against him? Why would you use up time and energy championing for and against these kids, man?

He'll be blamed when he has a poor performance like turning the ball over, forcing shots that aren't there, not defending well, not hustling, etc, the same standards every basketball player is held to.

He got his shots off today. 6 is too few, that needs to be around 12 but he'll get there. Missed his usual floater and chippy layup that we were all missing. I didn't see anything that warranted blame, and frankly when he wasn't on the floor my interest in the game was really minimal.

you are totally missing the point....i am not taking a stand against Lonzo....my stand is against the LG hypocrisy that tears into some players for the smallest things.....then will make every excuse possible to cover for other players.....to hold onto the false reality that was created many months ago. I think he will be a good player...not great, but a good player.....but he is not a good NBA player today....and most of his teammates are actually better NBA players than him as of today.

Let's just be honest and quit placing blame on the other 14 guys on the roster....once guys are posting about his "rebounding" as being the highlight of his game, then i think we have crossed the point of a clear perspective.....hey, maybe one day he will break the record for the most rebounds by a PG....sure that will be exciting.

Copy and paste Ingram's name in these posts, and it is exactly the same as last year....and people claimed I did not like Ingram last year.

Last edited by adkindo on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

I don't actually read any bruin blogs, and as you well know, I can make my own opinions, and yes, there's a ton of evidence for his value added to a unit.

is there evidence or we talkin' "eye test"?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

but its just words....it is an attempt to create blind faith....there is no proof of it....look at his on/off numbers.....at UCLA...all those guys in SL (Alford and Leaf) produced at similar per 36 levels as they did with Ball @ UCLA. In SL, the team never lost a game without him....but lose two with him. I have seen negligible impact from him in the preseason or tonight.

Not saying he will not develop into a good player....but the excuses and claims on LG are simply things said to fulfill preconceived opinions.

I agree with Omar. But I can't really be bothered to look into the college stats. I'll be interested in what the analytics say in Jan or Feb.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Yeah but tbh Lonzo has shown me way more than Ingram did this time last year. He has a ton of noticeable deficiencies to work, but given the right circumstances can showcase an elite skill or two. That's a special player.

We were hoping Ingram became a jack of all trades, above average in some areas player, but what did we see skill-wise from him that was outstanding?
yanuary
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Its absolutely delicious when ppl which repeat every time about DLO "he is PG he has to adapt to his teammates" now whining about Lonzo teammates

Double standards level 100.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Not sure what you mean by blind faith.
This is what's been said of him since high school.
And you saw him at UCLA. His style of play changed that offense from a year before. And yes, leaf is a legit player. I don't think comparing his per 36 from college and preseason means Ball didn't help leaf. Especially when leaf himself said in interviews that Ball made everyone better.

And are you going to say you didn't see the unselfish style of play in preseason? When guys on the team are commenting on his unselfishness and how it's infectious?

Today wasnt a good game for the team as a whole including ball. What excuses are people making?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Yeah but tbh Lonzo has shown me way more than Ingram did this time last year. He has a ton of noticeable deficiencies to work, but given the right circumstances can showcase an elite skill or two. That's a special player.

We were hoping Ingram became a jack of all trades, above average in some areas player, but what did we see skill-wise from him that was outstanding?

Ingram was a #2 pick in a weak draft...aka Oladipo. There was never really anything about his game that screamed "superstar". The way he was treated and discussed on LG last year was not based in reality or at least a likely outcome....the funny thing is....the harsh way he is discussed on LG today (garbage, bust, etc.) is no closer to reality or a likely outcome.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
levon wrote:
adkindo wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
boxesofboxes wrote:

you are totally missing the point....i am not taking a stand against Lonzo....my stand is against the LG hypocrisy that tears into some players for the smallest things.....then will make every excuse possible to cover for other players.....to hold onto the false reality that was created many months ago. I think he will be a good player...not great, but a good player.....but he is not a good NBA player today....and most of his teammates are actually better NBA players than him as of today.

Let's just be honest and quit placing blame on the other 14 guys on the roster....once guys are posting about his "rebounding" as being the highlight of his game, then i think we have crossed the point of a clear perspective.....hey, maybe one day he will break the record for the most rebounds by a PG....sure that will be exciting.

Copy and paste Ingram's name in these posts, and it is exactly the same as last year....and people claimed I did not like Ingram last year.

Oh... This is what ure getting at.
So you'd rather people rip on Lonzo for a bad game.
Weird. I'd like it the other way, where people stop whining and moaning about every little thing about the other guys on the team.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Today wasnt a good game for the team as a whole including ball. What excuses are people making?

come on epak...there are dozens in the last couple hours laying blame at the feet of the other 14 players for Lonzo's lack of production. The narrative has quickly switched from SL "he makes everyone better" to "he needs better teammates" since preseason began.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 474, 475, 476 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 475 of 1688
Jump to: