OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 499, 500, 501 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Practice wrote:
2019 wrote:
Practice wrote:
MyKRo wrote:
We have 1 shooter in the starting lineup, our half-court will continue to be non-existent if Luke doesn't make a change.

Our roster is devoid of shooters and that one thing isn't on Luke.

no but our best one is sitting on the bench

Lopez
Kuzma
Ingram
KCP
Lonzo

is such a better fit of grouping together. Maybe we can actually score enough to keep up with another average levels tarting 5 this way.

Then come with Randle/Nance/Brewer/Hart/Clarkson

Kuzma struggled with his shooting in preseason and he's currently shooting 30% from 3, so I'm not sure he's our best shooter.

Well I just checked his attempts, he's shooting 30% but on 3/10 so I'm not sure what kind of a sample size that is yet.

Honestly I still call him our best shooter - it just looks good and he shoots often which I think is important.

I like these lineups too:

Ball/KCP/Ingram/Kuzma/Lopez

JC/Hart/Brewer/Nance/Randle
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I think Luke is more in the Phil mold: an ego-manager who imparts a philosophy on the team but not the x's and o's to execute it. Say bye to the frat bros. He needs his Tex Winter.

Agreed. Who is an offensive guru that's currently an assistant somewhere that we can snag for the Tex role though?

thats what I've been saying.

Now Gentry may be the most readily available but he isn't really an X's and O's guru but he CAN formulate an offense we can utilize!!

If Hoiberg is let go of by the Bulls if they struggle he'd be the guy I'd get as an assistant here(or head coach *cough*) if he doesn't go back to college or get a head coaching offer.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

I think Luke is more in the Phil mold: an ego-manager who imparts a philosophy on the team but not the x's and o's to execute it. Say bye to the frat bros. He needs his Tex Winter.

Agreed. Who is an offensive guru that's currently an assistant somewhere that we can snag for the Tex role though?

thats what I've been saying.

Now Gentry may be the most readily available but he isn't really an X's and O's guru but he CAN formulate an offense we can utilize!!

If Hoiberg is let go of by the Bulls if they struggle he'd be the guy I'd get as an assistant here(or head coach *cough*) if he doesn't go back to college or get a head coaching offer.

Because hoiberg has done such an amazing job controlling egos and getting the best out of the talent he has 🙄. Jimmy Butler, D Wade, Lopez, And Rondo all on a team in the East and still struggled. It took Rondo calling out the stars ( coach couldn't handle the star egos), and reverting back to 2009 Rondo for them to make any noise. But yeah, let's get the coach who has proven not to be a championship caliber head coach to replace the one who has yet to have a chance with any real veteran talent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
His shot maybe inconsistent but Zos gonna have a good rebounding and assists year. Averaging 9 reb and 9 assists so far. I think hes going to be right around there for the year. He can always hang his hat on that like Kidd did when his shot is off.

Most players when their shot isn’t falling they don’t have any effect on the game.

If he averaged 9 rebs and assists, I'd be amazed.
I'd consider that a successful season.

Be amazed then.

Cuz he gonna average a triple double by the end of the year playa. That's what Big Ballers do.

And when he doesn’t next year people will be calling for his head like in the Ingram thread. God, some people never learn.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject:

I'm surprised there isn't that much talk about his dad, or maybe I'm in the wrong thread...The guy is a problem. Plain and simple.

Gortat is already saying that John Wall is going to torture Lonzo (he's close to Wall, so I'm sure they talked, and it's not just fluff). Other players are already going after Lonzo's head, but his dad continues to stoke the fire, and it's going to effect our win total.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
His shot maybe inconsistent but Zos gonna have a good rebounding and assists year. Averaging 9 reb and 9 assists so far. I think hes going to be right around there for the year. He can always hang his hat on that like Kidd did when his shot is off.

Most players when their shot isn’t falling they don’t have any effect on the game.

Be amazed then.

Cuz he gonna average a triple double by the end of the year playa. That's what Big Ballers do.

And when he doesn’t next year people will be calling for his head like in the Ingram thread. God, some people never learn.

Looking at the way he plays i think 8/7/7 is the minimum he'll be averaging. Just look at the way he plays. He has that Lebron style where it doesnt look like hes doing much and you look up at the scoreboard and hes already racked up 7 assist and 6 rebounds in the first half. He doesnt play outside of his ability. Everything looks easy for him anf he does it all within the offense. I can understamd reservations about Ingram but Lonzo is a player we dont need to worry about AT ALL. He might have some bad games but after the all star break i wouldnt be suprised to see 15/9/9. This kid is the real deal, no need to be afraid to say it.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject:

Lavar is super annoying there's no doubt about that - but I'm not sure that he's a big enough problem to the effect that he's going to impact our win total. Lonzo seems to be playing just fine despite his dad's antics. I also think that John Wall will probably have a field day on offense and that would happen irregardless of Lavar's comments.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject:

Well, do you really think it's 'just' the opposing team's PG who gets amped up to play him? I'm pretty sure a lot more of opposing team's players are getting hyped to play us, and whoop us...and if that's the case, it sure as hell will have an effect on our win total.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Like this kid so much. He is a new type of PG. He runs plays by moving the ball, but not dominant the ball like other great PGs did. Besides, he makes passes for another pass. That’s so special.
4OnTheFloor
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
I'm surprised there isn't that much talk about his dad, or maybe I'm in the wrong thread...The guy is a problem. Plain and simple.

Gortat is already saying that John Wall is going to torture Lonzo (he's close to Wall, so I'm sure they talked, and it's not just fluff). Other players are already going after Lonzo's head, but his dad continues to stoke the fire, and it's going to effect our win total.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Megaton wrote:
epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Be amazed then.

Looking at the way he plays i think 8/7/7 is the minimum he'll be averaging. Just look at the way he plays. He has that Lebron style where it doesnt look like hes doing much and you look up at the scoreboard and hes already racked up 7 assist and 6 rebounds in the first half. He doesnt play outside of his ability. Everything looks easy for him anf he does it all within the offense. I can understamd reservations about Ingram but Lonzo is a player we dont need to worry about AT ALL. He might have some bad games but after the all star break i wouldnt be suprised to see 15/9/9. This kid is the real deal, no need to be afraid to say it.

Well said. He's always around the ball, and he makes stuffing the stat sheet look easy. It's an early sign of a potentially great player.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

You can see it as a mental advantage if guys are playing out of their games just for Zo. If Wall wants to pound the rock and take them out of their offense, then good. Lonzo is a pass first guy. The ball is already out of his hands before you can challenge him.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Lavar is super annoying there's no doubt about that - but I'm not sure that he's a big enough problem to the effect that he's going to impact our win total. Lonzo seems to be playing just fine despite his dad's antics. I also think that John Wall will probably have a field day on offense and that would happen irregardless of Lavar's comments.

Annoyance is in the eye of the beholder.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
He's always around the ball, and he makes stuffing the stat sheet look easy. It's an early sign of a potentially great player.

He's not just high IQ, he's a pure basketball player as well. His instincts and feel are the type of intangibles that got underrated prior to the draft. And thank God they were otherwise Philly drafts Lonzo.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

You can see it as a mental advantage if guys are playing out of their games just for Zo. If Wall wants to pound the rock and take them out of their offense, then good. Lonzo is a pass first guy. The ball is already out of his hands before you can challenge him.

The problem will come when his teammates get sick of Lavar running his mouth. Especially when they are losing. There's no reason to give other teams more motivation. That's why you don't hear guys talking smack before games about the opposing team's players. They are usually humble and complimentary. Pretty soon, one of our guys is gonna be like: "Can you tell your fing Dad to shut the hell up!".
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
He's always around the ball, and he makes stuffing the stat sheet look easy. It's an early sign of a potentially great player.

He's not just high IQ, he's a pure basketball player as well. His instincts and feel are the type of intangibles that got underrated prior to the draft. And thank God they were otherwise Philly drafts Lonzo.

and this is what separates him from BI at the moment as far as ranking our young players. Ball and Kuz appear to be off the charts as far as BBIQ and how old they are. BI, I can't quite figure out since they are trying to make him a big time scorer, if the guy would just "play" I'd rank his BBIQ a little higher right now Nance is also up there in just basic BBIQ. If we whiff on our big free agency plan, it appears they want to turn this team into the D'Antoni Phoenix Suns so the rest of the roster will have to be turned over again. Maybe we keep Lopez in that scenario, who knows...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

and this is what separates him from BI at the moment as far as ranking our young players. Ball and Kuz appear to be off the charts as far as BBIQ and how old they are. BI, I can't quite figure out since they are trying to make him a big time scorer, if the guy would just "play" I'd rank his BBIQ a little higher right now Nance is also up there in just basic BBIQ. If we whiff on our big free agency plan, it appears they want to turn this team into the D'Antoni Phoenix Suns so the rest of the roster will have to be turned over again. Maybe we keep Lopez in that scenario, who knows...

I dont know if it's about BBIQ.
I think it's more about instincts. Ball and Kuz have good instincts.
High BBI.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:

It was one of the most impressive aspects of his game at UCLA, but folks needed to watch full games to see it. The combo of motor and bbiq really came into play in big moments - the key offensive rebound putback or steal - as he instinctually knew when and how he should apply an extra burst of focused energy that other guys didn't have.

I love, love, love smart 'do (bleep)' players like Lonzo.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:

I dont know if it's about BBIQ.
I think it's more about instincts. Ball and Kuz have good instincts.
High BBI.

definitely, both. I've just always rolled all of that into "IQ" but you're right, that's what I fuss at about Julius all the time, no instinct or anticipation about what is about to happen, always reacting never anticipating. Ball and Kuz are excellent at that and again, BI... I guess it's there but sometimes it's really... not
Mr. Blonde
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Well, do you really think it's 'just' the opposing team's PG who gets amped up to play him? I'm pretty sure a lot more of opposing team's players are getting hyped to play us, and whoop us...and if that's the case, it sure as hell will have an effect on our win total.

lol
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I forget who, but there were some HARD Josh Jackson jockers in the draft thread- he just got fined 15K for menacing gesture towards a fan.
Basically the thing all pro lonzo peeps pointed out- the guy had some character "red flags" that Zo will never have,,,
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject:

So I suppose it's only Lavar who's motivating opponents with his words? It couldn't possibly be the case that Gortat's words could motivate our players?

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/922932673504460800

Quote:
Brandon Ingram said the Lakers will have Lonzo Ball's back after this tweet. "The competitor in Lonzo ... he didn’t take it so well."

Competition is a two-way street. Bring it.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

I don't really mind LaVar and for the most part I think he is funny as I realize he is just playing a character like you might see in the WWE. However at some point I could see Laker fans turning on him if the story becomes teams going at us harder because of LaVar. And if Laker fans turn on him it might get ugly.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

Good. These teams will be wearing themselves out in the regular season and we'll be fresh in the playoffs.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
So I suppose it's only Lavar who's motivating opponents with his words? It couldn't possibly be the case that Gortat's words could motivate our players?

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/922932673504460800

Quote:
Brandon Ingram said the Lakers will have Lonzo Ball's back after this tweet. "The competitor in Lonzo ... he didn’t take it so well."

Competition is a two-way street. Bring it.

Lopez or Randle need to set a bone shattering on Wall to get a message across the league that they arent letting that talk happen to their PG. Nothing dirty, just put him on his ass and stare him down after the point is scored and let the battle begin.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 499, 500, 501 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 500 of 1688
Jump to: