OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 627, 628, 629 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject:

trashcan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I would have had him running the baseline all night as long as they tried to cover him with Ulis....it worked early in the game, then KCP missed him on another lob and they never went back to it.

Kcp threw like two turnovers to lonzo cutting

They don't have the personnel to do it from guard to guard

J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
I'd rather him become Steve Nash than Jason Kidd.

I'm sure we'd all like to see him shoot the ball like Nash. Kidd was a great rebounder and defender though, and I think Lonzo will follow more in that mold.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:

I'm sure we'd all like to see him shoot the ball like Nash. Kidd was a great rebounder and defender though, and I think Lonzo will follow more in that mold.

I wish he becomes a mixture of them.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
trashcan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
I would have had him running the baseline all night as long as they tried to cover him with Ulis....it worked early in the game, then KCP missed him on another lob and they never went back to it.

Kcp threw like two turnovers to lonzo cutting

They don't have the personnel to do it from guard to guard

Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Watching Sixers vs Clippers and my gawd Ben Simmons looks amazing! He's literally playing PG out there, a 6'10 PG, like light colored Magic Johnson.

He's gong to be matched up with Zo literally on Wed. Going to be interesting to see Zo guard him if it's a position by position match-up.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Watching Sixers vs Clippers and my gawd Ben Simmons looks amazing! He's literally playing PG out there, a 6'10 PG, like light colored Magic Johnson.

He's gong to be matched up with Zo literally on Wed. Going to be interesting to see Zo guard him if it's a position by position match-up.

Ben is the new Magic...

Gonna be interesting to see if Lonzo holds his own
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Ben is the new Magic...

Embiid was good too. Sixers have a nice future Magic/Kareem potential combo if they continue to improve and don't get hurt.

Happy to see the Clips lose too. Clippers fans are sad and bitter, someone had a sign up that said "Lonzo Who?" with Deandre Jordan's face. They weren't even playing the Lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

Jeanie Buss liked one of your tweets today, that must’ve felt good

Heh, I didn't know that’s . We follow each other on Twitter, although I haven't met her in person yet.

And yes, this whole thing is amazingly, incredibly, mind-blowingly surreal.

No BS you and Cranjis are the best basketball guys on twitter for in depth analysis. LG needs to sign GT to a max contract before he gets scooped up by ESPN.

ESPN would be a good look but I doubt Coach Pete would wanna sell out like Woj lol

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
trashcan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Bobby buckets is probably the biggest part to the 76ers success. Lakers need to get that dude, since he alone makes Simmons game so much easier
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:

I doubt Zo's outside shooting ever gets close to Nash's level. He'll put up Kidd-like stats with regularity, imo.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:

I doubt Zo's outside shooting ever gets close to Nash's level. He'll put up Kidd-like stats with regularity, imo.

Nash was MVP twice, although one year could have been Shaw's. Kidd was a finalist twice in a weak East, and a Champion with the Mavs. Although that was all due LeChoke. Not sure who I'd rather see Lonzo become. Off the court, I'd rather have him be Nash, lol. Jason Kidd's reputation would have been a dumpster fire if he played in today's social media age. lol.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Should put julius on him
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:29 am    Post subject:

Christopher Walken wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Should put julius on him

Wish we had Nance for defense.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
With Clarkson and Brewer combining for 24 points in the second half, the Lakers got a much-needed 100-93 win over the Phoenix Suns at Talking Stick Resort Arena. The Lakers (6-8) finished a daunting four-game trip by snapping a three-game losing slide. “We got a win so I got no complaints,” said Ball, who exited the game with 2:47 left in the third quarter for Clarkson. “My teammates got it done in the fourth and we had to at least get one on this road trip.” 44 mins ago – via ESPN
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

LiAngelo Ball & others reportedly returning to U.S. after being detained in China

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21409577/ucla-bruins-players-detained-china-set-return-united-states
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Ben is the new Magic...

I think Ben is the real Magic heir over Lonzo. Ben can impose his physicality and will in ways Lonzo cannot.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject:

Going to be elite defender
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LiAngelo Ball & others reportedly returning to U.S. after being detained in China

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21409577/ucla-bruins-players-detained-china-set-return-united-states

Dang, Trump did it.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

For those who are interested, the first RPM stats came out today. Ball ranked 81st out of 85 PGs with an ORPM of -2.09. He ranked 9th out of 85 PGs with a DRPM of 0.54. Overall, he ranked 47th out of 85 with an RPM of -1.55.

The stats can be found here. It should go without saying that early season stats will have some anomalies due to the small sample size.

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
For those who are interested, the first RPM stats came out today. Ball ranked 81st out of 85 PGs with an ORPM of -2.09. He ranked 9th out of 85 PGs with a DRPM of 0.54. Overall, he ranked 47th out of 85 with an RPM of -1.55.

The stats can be found here. It should go without saying that early season stats will have some anomalies due to the small sample size.

So strange how he was heralded as an offensive guru, meanwhile he's been more effective defensively. What?
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Dang, Trump did it.

Actually, the Chinese got it. They wouldn't keep three guys locked for shoplifting long enough and create a diplomatic crisis about it. But they would need some kind of apology for that. Both sides did what they had to do.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

Wonder what BBB gave up for LiAngelo's release. Guarantee there was some quid pro quo action behind the scene.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject:

I think XinPing gets first dibs on Gelo 1s when they get released.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

So strange how he was heralded as an offensive guru, meanwhile he's been more effective defensively. What?

Eh, I don’t think those numbers are surprising to anyone who has been watching him objectively. His defensive game developed a lot faster than his overall offensive game. As his offensive game develops, he should move up that list pretty fast. Ranking ninth defensively is impressive for a rookie. For a comparison, Fox ranks dead last.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Eh, I don’t think those numbers are surprising to anyone who has been watching him objectively. His defensive game developed a lot faster than his overall offensive game. As his offensive game develops, he should move up that list pretty fast. Ranking ninth defensively is impressive for a rookie. For a comparison, Fox ranks dead last.

I'm saying that the scouting report said that his defense would be a problem while he would be an offensive juggernaut. Kind of surprising it's the opposite, which is actually a good thing IMO as I think his offensive advanced stats will get better with acclimation to the 3 point line and hopefully better teammates next year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 627, 628, 629 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 628 of 1688
Jump to: