OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 655, 656, 657 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
^looks like he did go practice after the game.

Quote:

Lonzo Ball went to the Lakers’ training facility after last night’s game to work on his shot, Luke Walton said.

Ball also arrived early for today’s practice to get up some more shots.

I’m not giving up on this kid, an the haters will regret doubting him when he fully develops.

Proud he got that Mamba mentality to grind it out in the gym. I’m wondering if he piggy backed on Kuzma with that dinner date with Kobe
💪🏀🔥🏀🔥🏀

Not gonna happen. I think he was asked before who is the better player between Kobe and Lebron. His answer is Lebron. This is coming from a kid who is a 1) Laker 2) Born and raised in LA 3) Die hard Laker fan. He's not a Kobe stan.

No Laker fan would say LBJ is better than Kobe. IMHO.

I’m a die hard Laker fan and I conclude that Lebron is better than Kobe but I ain’t going to argue if you think Kobe is better. I love watching Kobe though better than Lebron and I maybe bias because purple and gold runs through my veins.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Lonzo Ball went to the Lakers’ training facility after last night’s game to work on his shot, Luke Walton said.

Friend works at the facility. He said no he wasn't and they are just trying to help his image by saying that
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Here's some info for you Haters. Curry was 21yo when he came into the NBA in 2009. He wasn't picked as an all-star til 2014 at the ripe age of 26. With that being said, how long does Ball get to prove his worth?
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Friend works at the facility. He said no he wasn't and they are just trying to help his image by saying that

Ooooooooh.

Man I believe in lonzo and like him.

But my frustrations with him don't even have to do with him. Feel the org makes a concerned effort to coddle him and promote him. And the media all they talk about is him.

While Ingram gets no love.

If what you say is true. Man prime example lol
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Hmmm, if true, that’s not a good look. No need to lie about it, just put head down, get work in and be ready to play the suns.
Kirby Brian
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Hmmm, if true, that’s not a good look. No need to lie about it, just put head down, get work in and be ready to play the suns.

For some reason...I read that in Zo's short/generic answers type tone that he always give lol
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject:

I don't buy that he would say that to save his image. Makes no sense, it's not as if the casual b-ball fan and national media pays attention to every word of Luke's press conferences on off days. How about this? Making shots in games will save his image, what a novel concept...
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:32 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I don't buy that he would say that to save his image. Makes no sense, it's not as if the casual b-ball fan and national media pays attention to every word of Luke's press conferences on off days. How about this? Making shots in games will save his image, what a novel concept...

Pretty much, why the hell would anyone lie about him practicing some jumpers
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
First play of the next game, Lonzo needs to attack the rim like a madman and either crush it, or draw free throws. Period. No more funky azz looking, cutesy layup attempts.
Dunk. The. Ball.
would be nice but zo is a very thin guy. that may not happen due to this.

One thing I noticed with Lonzo is that when he drives, he never comes to a jump stop to explode. He's going full speed and instead of exploding up he just jumps forward. A LOT of his layup attempts come from below the rim. He's 6'6" with above average/good athleticism.

Agreed. I think he may be worried about getting injured. Typically guys that play above the rim are more susceptible to injury, so maybe he's just being cautious. But still... you can pick and choose your spots and play accordingly. Andre Miller and Mike Conley aren't high fly acts... but they get/got the job done near the bucket.

Last edited by PLATNUM on Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Kirby Brian wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Ooooooooh.

Man I believe in lonzo and like him.

But my frustrations with him don't even have to do with him. Feel the org makes a concerned effort to coddle him and promote him. And the media all they talk about is him.

While Ingram gets no love.

If what you say is true. Man prime example lol

The guy never talks smack plays and trains hard. The media go super HAM for him he doesn't want that and everyone else just hates on him. If Ingram had a hype like Ball then he would get some Love
JrR31
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I still blame this on Lavar thanks Lavar for putting a bulls eye on his son. No one predicted this coming into the season. We thought we were getting a jack of all trade guard. Not a passive Guard with a broke jump shot.

The jump shot I also blame LAVAR BALL. What kind of coach allows anybody to shoot like that? It's ridiculous. This whole BBB saga has a become a circus and train wreck.

Lavar you are one of those guys who thinks you're better than you really are. You suck! and Jordan is better than you. ahahaha Lavar!
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AC Green's V-Card wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
TheeChosenLonzo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Any game that people are highly anticipating, you can chalk up to him being disengaged.

But if it's a random road game with little anticipation to it, he'll do better.

have you posted 1 good thing about lonzo? or u are that disappointed in him?

Course I have. But he has yet to have a big game in a highly anticipated matchup.

That's the facts so far.

Just not a whole lot of good to say about Lonzo right now other than the potential is there but it's up to him to realize it.

That is literally a made up standard which is wholly in the eye of the beholder. Milwaukee is a better team than Philadelphia and Giannis is in the MVP conversation but that game doesn't count because it contradicts the fake narrative you've created. Everyone complains about Stephen A and Colin Cowherd but then they post this kind of drivel.

Made up standard? As opposed to officially sanctioned standard? Of course it's made up. I never proclaimed it to be some kind of accepted international standard. It's a pattern I have noticed. Let's not be absurd.

The two games he had really good efforts? On the road. Not on national TV. No real "rookie vs rookie" hype. No anticipation.

The clunkers? His first individual Lakers workout with all eyes on him (remember they had to do it again at a gym by his house or something). Opening night of SPL. Opening night of regular season. Simmons vs Ball & nationally televised game. Basically any time there has been an immense amount of pressure.

If you scroll back in to this thread, you will see I mentioned BEFORE the 76ers game, that I expected Lonzo to struggle due to the hype surrounding this game and his pattern of poor showings on hyped matches since entering the pros.

It's certainly possible this is all bad luck. The missed shots, the lack of energy, the inability to show up unless no one is looking -- all just sort of luck of the draw. It's possible. We'll just have to wait and see. I haven't closed the door on Lonzo.

But he's got to raise his floor.

This line of thinking is why there's always discussion on how the NBA lottery is rigged. If you look back on any event, you're going to find coincidences or similarities. That doesn't mean those things are the root cause.

After the Milwaukee game, people were saying he only did well because Bledsoe was on both teams at the time. If Lonzo goes out and balls out tomorrow night, it'll be "Well yeah, he can ball against the Suns and Bucks, but what about the other teams?" On and on it goes.

The kid's shot isn't falling, has nothing to do with how many people are watching on TV or what city the game is being played in. If and when he has a great game on national TV, people will say "Well, I guess he got over his phobia of the big game." The reality is it never existed in the first place. It's a made up, hot take narrative that has zero substance to it.

Last edited by AC Green's V-Card on Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Ive been a Lakers fan for many, many, many years.

Ive seen what great looks like, many times over.

I dont see it here.

Will that change? I pray it does.

Its just very disheartening to see the lack of heart, desire and toughness this kid has. You can not play scared in this league and succeed. It just does not work that way.

None of our all time greats played with fear. Even our great role players played fearless.

Its not even about a lack of skill at this point.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:

Pretty much, why the hell would anyone lie about him practicing some jumpers

no idea if it is true or not, but I would not be surprised if the organization was distributing false information or propaganda. I think you underestimate how these little nuggets of information trickle into the media and "twittersphere"....and how many idiots/fans like us consume these pointless nuggets.

I mean, lets be honest...this is not a Hollywood movie....the trajectory of his career is not going to be based on if he got up shots last night, or got a good nights sleep and got them up this morning. That being said, the PR professionals realize our brains still consume this information as if it is a "good guy always wins" script. Why do you think we just happened to find out that Brandon had to be kicked out of the gym this summer....or Brook was getting up shots the day he arrived in LA....or even how the "Breakfast Club" was highlighted and promoted under the old regime.

Right now, right this very second, Magic and Pelinka's entire credibility as executives is linked to the public perception of Lonzo. That will change over time, but right now, they are tied to Lonzo and pretty much only Lonzo. In that light, they are not above "fake news" and propaganda (nor would you or I if we were in that position). It is not about protecting Lonzo....it is self serving in protecting the FO.

Again, I have not idea if its true or false.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Given what we know about him, the idea that he would not be working and the Lakers would choose to cover for that is kind of silly.
Billium
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers pushed videos of Lonzo doing the around the horn drills like they did those Kuz/Zo vids, maybe this isn't a question. Highlight him working on this.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Given what we know about him, the idea that he would not be working and the Lakers would choose to cover for that is kind of silly.

Completely agree. Like Magic never speak his mind. 🙄
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

We know exactly what the Lakers and the Ball family want us to know about him....nobody is claiming they are covering for him not working hard. The poster simply claimed that a friend works in the building and Lonzo was not there at the time the Lakers claimed. As I said, the spin of him putting up shots for 30 minutes after a hard loss is much juicier than him getting up early and spending 2 hours this morning working on his shot.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

We know exactly what the Lakers and the Ball family want us to know about him....nobody is claiming they are covering for him not working hard. The poster simply claimed that a friend works in the building and Lonzo was not there at the time the Lakers claimed. As I said, the spin of him putting up shots for 30 minutes after a hard loss is much juicier than him getting up early and spending 2 hours this morning working on his shot.

Nah, we know stuff about his ucla tenure that wasn't necessarily curated. He didn't have to be there late to be a hard worker, and I don't think LA would need to even bring it up. Burnt is juicy to say he wasn't actually there.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Does the friend work the night shift?
Or was he told that it was all for show?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Nah, we know stuff about his ucla tenure that wasn't necessarily curated. He didn't have to be there late to be a hard worker, and I don't think LA would need to even bring it up. Burnt is juicy to say he wasn't actually there.

we agree on that point...but I stand behind the rest of my position....only in that I think it is neither extremely likely or unlikely.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject:

Put the 20 year older on waivers. His 15 game NBA career speaks volumes.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Put the 20 year older on waivers. His 15 game NBA career speaks volumes.

Doesn't he have a 30 Million contract?

Check out the nice house:
https://www.mansionglobal.com/articles/79051-lakers-rookie-lonzo-ball-scores-5-2-million-california-mansion

Last edited by carlosLisboa on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
IBWriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:38 am    Post subject:

Kirby Brian wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

Sorry but I'm more willing to believe Walton than some friend that works at the facility. Either way, after the game he had, I'd hope Lonzo put in the extra time to work on his game.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject:

I just hope the young brutha worked not only on three point shots, but mid range shots too. I'm not giving up on him, but what I didn't like from Wednesday night is that he seemed like he raised the white flag because he couldn't make a shot. There is more ways to be productive in a game. Heck Jaylen Brown played his heart out last night after learning about his best friend passing away. Bottom-line, he found a way.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 655, 656, 657 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 656 of 1688
Jump to: