OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Fundamentals of boxing out, passing, rotating on defense are not fundamentals I guess
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Well looking like prime Rondo right now until he finds his shot. Prime Rondo wasn’t bad.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Well looking like prime Rondo right now until he finds his shot. Prime Rondo wasn’t bad.

Not even. Prime Rondo was 45-55% from the field. He's looking like a poor man's Ricky Rubio right now
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

The fact that he has never run organized half court sets is actually a postitive. Do people forget how young he is? I mean just look at his acne filled face. He has such a massive upside that people are failing to recognize.

His shot will eventually improve. The guy wants it too much to fail.

His finishing will also improve with more strength. You guys remember BI last year? Lonzo is a slightly shorter version. He needs serious work in the weight room to be able to absorb contact, not to mention learn how to draw more contact.

He has amazing vision and god given length and height. He just needs to put it together over the next few years. All he needs is time, he has shown he will put in the work.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Awful awful awful player...not NBA caliber.. But I actually came here to compliment him. When he came in the 4th quarter you could see glimpses of that unique playmaking talent. The way he just controlled the game, got everyone good shots, made the whole thing flow nicely..it was special.

The problem with Lonzo is, he's a playground baller. He is not...a big baller...an NBA player. He is someone taken off the playground just learning the organized game. He is way behind his peers in terms of fundamentals,

Thats kinda the thing with him...when he gets into that rhythm, finds that flow, he looks good. But the NBA game is so much more than that. He is useless when he's not feeling it. But thats his gift. Other than that, one of the worst players in the NBA.

You gotta be kidding me.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Not even. Prime Rondo was 45-55% from the field. He's looking like a poor man's Ricky Rubio right now

Here's neither.
He's Mr. Do everything but score atm
trashcan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject:

He'll be our Marcus smart this year
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
No shot, no handles, no agility/change of directions, no fire.

...Yet he's putting up 9/7/7/1.5/1 as a rookie while playing solid defense.

Last edited by J.C. Smith on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

Rondo rookie year 6.4/3.7/3.8
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Juggernaut wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:

Rodman and Kidd mix.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
2019 wrote:

He's a God-awful scorer.

And that's it. Already above average to very good at everything else. This (bleep) is wild, man.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Alot of haters in this thread.

Give him time he needs that. No player came in the league destroying the league. He was never known as a scorer so why think he would be one? What he was known for was a guy that can make your team better. And that is what he is doing

Now did anyone see him crash the boards? I did

No one really hates Lonzo. And that argument about not being known as a scorer gets tiresome. No one expected him to be a scorer. But I think there was the belief he could be somewhere around 40% shooting, that's all. Like no one thought he would be a scorer but did you know he'd shoot in the 20s? I doubt that.

Anyway, today is a day to praise Lonzo. Not the best game, but, probably his best 2 game stretch I'd say. Great sign if he'a figuring out how to be consistent.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I find it hilarious somebody playing great defense and grabbing 15 boards from the PG position has no fire. Criticize his shot-making ability all you want but he's basically a veteran at just about everything else.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

LakersNewEra wrote:
Awful awful awful player...not NBA caliber.. But I actually came here to compliment him. When he came in the 4th quarter you could see glimpses of that unique playmaking talent. The way he just controlled the game, got everyone good shots, made the whole thing flow nicely..it was special.

The problem with Lonzo is, he's a playground baller. He is not...a big baller...an NBA player. He is someone taken off the playground just learning the organized game. He is way behind his peers in terms of fundamentals,

Thats kinda the thing with him...when he gets into that rhythm, finds that flow, he looks good. But the NBA game is so much more than that. He is useless when he's not feeling it. But thats his gift. Other than that, one of the worst players in the NBA.

Cant be the worst nBA player if you’re an elite passer and rebounder. And hold your own defensively.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

LakersNewEra wrote:

Lonzo is the worst player in the NBA but is he overall the best player in the world?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

Lonzo is the worst player in the NBA but is he overall the best player in the world?

Well done sir.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

His defense has been BY FAR the most surprising aspect of his game. It has been excellent compared to what most of us thought. Once he puts on some muscle, he will be able to body up the guards in the league.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes I think LNE just sits in front of his computer with a glass of wine laughing at everyone replying to his silly post.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

LakersNewEra wrote:

what?!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

I like scoring

And Lonzo doesn't score

Waaaaahhh
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

You gotta be kidding me.

I can understand the concerns on the shooting. I think they are valid. But what a weird conclusion to draw.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
2019 wrote:

He's a God-awful scorer.

And that's it. Already above average to very good at everything else. This (bleep) is wild, man.

THIS

Are people out of their minds? He is the 2nd or 3rd rebounding guard already and tied for 8th in assists overall. As a 19/20 year old...please relax y'all crazy.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

What's more surprising?
Zo sucking at scoring vs Zo being good on defense?
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Sometimes I think LNE just sits in front of his computer with a glass of wine laughing at everyone replying to his silly post.

He’s the Lavar Ball of LG. Saying ridiculous things to get a rise out of us.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
LakersNewEra wrote:

You gotta be kidding me.

Nope not at all. In fact what I just said is far more generous than what the general consensus is on Lonzo. He does nothing right as a scorer, hard to decide which is worse, his shot, his handles or him driving to thr basket. He is among worst PG's in the leauge in all 3..
He is a good playmaker though with the gift to be great at it. With experience that will come to him, he"ll be able to find that flow more frequently, he"ll get comfortable running sets and hopefully his sjot comes along as well.. But it will take time

He said as much himself 2 days ago, he said he nver actually had to run any sets before so he is adjusting even to that. Strange after a year at UCLA but its how it isn He is very very very raw, bad at everything in terms of scoring...but that feel for playmaking could be special.

Luke took him out at the right time when we were down 15 or so because he wasnt feeling it. Got him back in at the right time as well and Lonzo started feeling it. Im guessing thats the way to manage his minutes. If hes not in his flow, just take him out because he becomes a liability.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 698, 699, 700 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 699 of 1688
Jump to: