OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 751, 752, 753 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
epak wrote:
Are you guys the same person? Or both like Nash?

My name’s actually Nash.

first or last?

Last, but guess where I’m originally from?

Las Vegas, New Mexico
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Nashlight wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LaMelo isn't better than Lonzo. Ball-handling? Sure. People forgot Lonzo was lights out last year at UCLA already?

Imagine your PG with LaMelo's shot selection. How is that going to work out?

Jason Williams.

And people forget in terms of shots, Lonzo was lights out in 3-pointers last year. But that’s it. He can’t shoot anywhere else.

Zo got offball dunks and 3s. That is the way of the new NBA.

When LaMelo attacks the paint, he doesn't finish with layups, he finishes with A LOT of floaters. Why? Body can't handle the contact. Doesn't have the athleticism to compensate.

I'll take Zo's shot selection.

If we’re talking about shooting. I’ll take Melo’s shooting. Not even close.

Go ahead. Both of them have flawed shots.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
epak wrote:
Are you guys the same person? Or both like Nash?

My name’s actually Nash.

first or last?

Last, but guess where I’m originally from?

Las Vegas, New Mexico

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Can't really compare both Lonzo and Lamelo. They have different play styles. One is supposedly Jason Kidd while the other is supposedly Steph Curry. How do you compare that?

Easily. Steph Curry is playing today. Jason Kidd isnt. Jason Kidds playing style doesnt work anymore and no one plays like that. Its pretty much impossible to be a PG without a jumpshot anymore. In fact the position of PG has also changed dramatically and every PG these days is more of a scoring guard than a real PG.
The positions of PG, PF and even C to an extent have all changed.

Therefore Melo with his shooting ability and the ability to score, with his amazing ballhandling ability...Melo is the real deal.
He also seems to be about 6:6" now.

Lonzo on the other hand will need to adjust. Lonzo isnt a player for this era of basketball. Melo is. So for Lonzo, shooting or bust. Like I said many times already.

Uhm, Jason Kidd no longer plays since he’s like 44 years old.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LaMelo isn't Stephen Curry.

Okay, this is ridiculous.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Comedy gold
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LaMelo isn't better than Lonzo. Ball-handling? Sure. People forgot Lonzo was lights out last year at UCLA already?

Jason Williams.

And people forget in terms of shots, Lonzo was lights out in 3-pointers last year. But that’s it. He can’t shoot anywhere else.

When LaMelo attacks the paint, he doesn't finish with layups, he finishes with A LOT of floaters. Why? Body can't handle the contact. Doesn't have the athleticism to compensate.

So youre taking the shot selection of guy whos statistically one of worst shooters ever in the NBA over LaMelo who even though a high schooler is a great shooter.
Yeah I dont think so. Zo is historically bad. Worse Ft shooter than Shaq.
Melo doesnt have discipline, never really playeed organized discipline but has great skill. Lonzo is statistically the worst in 30 years. You dont take that over someone who has a great level of skill.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

isn't Lamelo like 14? I mean if his handles are already better than Lonzo's that is saying something, but let's wait until he puts up 40 in an nba game before we get too crazy here
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Keyword: "supposedly" as in Lonzo is supposedly like Jason Kidd, etc.

But LaMelo/Curry is not that far fetched:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/27/could-lamelo-ball-be-the-next-stephen-curry/

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/stephen-curry-points-spot-hes-shooting-deep-three-gives-lamelo-ball-shoutout/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject:

we already have one extra Ball to talk about about.. do we really need another?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
we already have one extra Ball to talk about about.. do we really need another?

I blame Chris Broussard and Earl Watson for starting this debate. But yes give us another Ball boy named LaMelo! Back court would be fun. Do it LaVar! He’s pissed off at Luke though so he might be thinking LaMelo to Clippers lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Jason Williams.

So youre taking the shot selection of guy whos statistically one of worst shooters ever in the NBA over LaMelo who even though a high schooler is a great shooter.
Yeah I dont think so. Zo is historically bad. Worse Ft shooter than Shaq.
Melo doesnt have discipline, never really playeed organized discipline but has great skill. Lonzo is statistically the worst in 30 years. You dont take that over someone who has a great level of skill.

Zo's shot selection isn't bad. They're just not dropping. If Zo had a shot frequency related to an NBA team, he'd be the Houston Rockets. Did it at UCLA and hit. In the league, his struggling. It doesn't mean he can't shoot forever.

People getting caught up in LaMelo's range and floaters haven't looked at HOW BAD the shot selection is.

Everyone's also assuming that LaMelo is going to be seamless in college (if he even goes) and won't struggle in the NBA (if he makes it).

No one could dare imagine Zo would struggle. Why can't people even think of the possibility that LaMelo, with both elbows out shooting like a 5th grader with a low release point, wouldn't struggle too?

At least Trae Young is proving it at the NCAA level, and even he has an adjustment to the NBA game with his low shot release.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/27/could-lamelo-ball-be-the-next-stephen-curry/

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/stephen-curry-points-spot-hes-shooting-deep-three-gives-lamelo-ball-shoutout/

Okay, as someone who put A LOT of time into the NBA draft for over a decade, often watching guys for multiple years prior to the NBA draft, I have a huge problem with this player comparison.

Here's why.

Everyone is staring at range. Range is Curry, he must be Curry. What about everything else?

Hell, Stephen Curry was a SG for his first 2 years at Davidson and ONLY just began his PG ball-handling abilities/passing his FINAL year at Davidson. Curry's real development with ball-handling and finishing happened at the NBA level, but NO ONE question Curry's ability to shoot efficiently OR take bad shots.

LaMelo is the exact opposite. Big PPG numbers with complete disregard for shot clock time. Curry at Davidson killed possessions of 30-40 seconds on the clock before taking a shot, until he got hot. Outside of range, does LaMelo pass like Curry? Can he set up his perimeter shot against bigger defenders? Can he make proper reads like his brother can? LaMelo plays like a SG at PG.

So much happens within the next two years. I hope the kid gets stronger and actually shoots with textbook form. His current one may not fly.

Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Okay, as someone who put A LOT of time into the NBA draft for over a decade, often watching guys for multiple years prior to the NBA draft, I have a huge problem with this player comparison.

Here's why.

Everyone is staring at range. Range is Curry, he must be Curry. What about everything else?

Hell, Stephen Curry was a SG for his first 2 years at Davidson and ONLY just began his PG ball-handling abilities/passing his FINAL year at Davidson. Curry's real development with ball-handling and finishing happened at the NBA level, but NO ONE question Curry's ability to shoot efficiently OR take bad shots.

LaMelo is the exact opposite. Big PPG numbers with complete disregard for shot clock time. Curry at Davidson killed possessions of 30-40 seconds on the clock before taking a shot, until he got hot. Outside of range, does LaMelo pass like Curry? Can he set up his perimeter shot against bigger defenders? Can he make proper reads like his brother can? LaMelo plays like a SG at PG.

So much happens within the next two years. I hope the kid gets stronger and actually shoots with textbook form. His current one may not fly.

That's fair. I don't watch televised high school basketball. I just find what the internet is trending with.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Lamelo has a messed up shot as well. Who taught these kids shooting form? Sorry Lavar you did them no favors if you let them develop such poor shot form. Lonzo can survive as a pass first guard if he can hit his threes. Lamelo seems more of a scorer and that will be shut down as he gets further along.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

This is so nuts.
Can't we wait till Lamelo plays his first game in China before proclaiming him anything? Geez.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Here's why.

That's fair. I don't watch televised high school basketball. I just find what the internet is trending with.

Watch out for the click bait.

PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Lamelo has a messed up shot as well. Who taught these kids shooting form? Sorry Lavar you did them no favors if you let them develop such poor shot form. Lonzo can survive as a pass first guard if he can hit his threes. Lamelo seems more of a scorer and that will be shut down as he gets further along.

Agree re: their shooting form. Why is this not corrected when they are in junior high?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:

Gelo has the best shot of the 3.

That's what's crazy. Zo is just the most efficient proven at the NCAA level. Melo is yet to show that.

Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Very good click bait though

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

This is insane. Let's just wait to compare them Ball brothers when they're all playing on the
Lakers
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Very good click bait though

Probably the best click bait I've watched today from a 15 year old:

Even the music was pure bow-chicka-wow-wow!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Enough with the LaMelo talk and get back on topic about Lonzo.

ps LaMelo > Curry in HS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject:

LaMelo is more along the lines of a Chris Mullin, Reggie Miller..guys like that. Guys with a form a little unorthodox but nonetheless were great shooters.
Lets make a political metaphor here. Lets say political center is the ideal shootinf form. Well LaMelo is slightly left or right, whichever you will....on the other hand Lonzo is extreme. His shooting form is extreme. No way is it comparable to LaMelo who is a great great shooter despite a shooting form thats a bit different.

Also, LaMelo gets compared to Curry, best shooter ever. Yet you're saying hes going to be worse than Lonzo, one of the worst shooters ever statistically? Doesnt work like that.
Also yes LaMelo's shooting selection is bad in a Kobe kinda way bad. Its bad because hes got ability and he knows it. Lonzo on the other hand doesnt have abillity. His shot selecton is bad because he is bad. And its historically bad.

No comparison. Besides LaMelo shoots anyway possible over people, release is fast, he is the real deal and rightly compared to Curry IMO. He's fine with the shooting form as it is for him, just like Mullen and Reggie were fine.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject:

ARE YOU CALLING LONZO A MEMBER OF THE TEA PARTY?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 751, 752, 753 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 752 of 1688
Jump to: