OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 772, 773, 774 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
trablos wrote:
KCP has been pretty clutch for us this year so I don't have a problem with him closing. But if Lonzo is sucking it up then JC needs to come in.

The Los Angeles Lakers Will Miss Kentavious Caldwell-Pope When He's Gone

Quote:
KCP is currently on a one-year deal, unlikely to re-sign in L.A. for a variety of reasons. But the way he's played so far probably has the Lakers hoping they can somehow convince him to stay.

LINK

KCP is a solid player who can help a lot of teams; the problem is he wants a superstar paycheck. It will be interesting to see how much interest he draws. If our two superstar plan falls through, we might make him an offer. But how much of your assets do you really want to devote to a guy who contributes in a lot of ways but doesn't really move the needle?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
Who gives a (bleep) about Nas

Nash- These are our heroes

How quickly people forget the way he dumped on Kobe in that song. So in some ways, I kinda like it.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:

Don't disrespect the top 5 GOAT.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:

SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject:

Wow yall really not feeling Nas on LG lol.. That surprises me.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:
Anyone know where I can get that Lonzo Nas hoodie? It's hard as bricks.

dare you to get one and wear it through Brooklyn or Queens....you will probably gain a newfound appreciation for the hardness of bricks.

Brooklyn? The place where the Nets play? The place that went through gentrification and kicked a bunch of people out? The place that is the hipster capital of the east? The place that HBO's Girls was filmed? I think he'll be fine with that hoodie. Plus Nas is originally from Queens and he lives in ATL now. It's not like it was a Biggie or Jay (Who lives in LA now) shirt.

that's cute, someone has a Yahoo News feed....if you think what you listed is fully representative of Brooklyn, then you do not know much about Brooklyn. A lot of people live in other places...places they do not consider home....and both Brooklyn (where Nas was born) and Queens (where he later moved to as a child) claim Nas. If you do not think Nas has love in Brooklyn....then again, you do not know Brooklyn.

Brooklyn has over 2.6 Million people...that is twice the population of the city of San Diego.....damn near close to the size of the entire county of San Diego....and you think some coffee shops and boutiques around Barclay's center made all of Brooklyn turn into Mayberry....

If you're comparing the borough of Brooklyn, which is 2.6m, you'll have to compare the county if San Diego, which is 3.1m. The actual city of San Diego is relatively small in comparison to the rest of it. But back my point.

I know NY because I was born there. I also know Florida, where you reside because I've lived there for many years. By the way, no on calls Orlando the "Dirty South", but that's neither here nor there. I was joking about the Brooklyn thing, but there are plenty of places he can walk with a Zo Illmatic shirt and get away with it. What made me write the post was because you felt there would be people in Brooklyn who would rough him up for wearing that shirt. That may be true, but it's more ridiculous than truth. You live in Florida. You see NY residence come down all the time and think they run your state. Pretending to act tough and saying things like, " I'm from NY, what?!?" Like it automatically makes them a tough guy who can whoop anyone who stands in their way. Heck, I was like that for years. Until I learned that outside of NY, no one cares about NY. Being from NY doesn't make you tough, and being from Brooklyn doesn't mean you'll hit Zo on the head for wearing his face on an Illmatic shirt. They would more likely give him daps and ask for a picture. Now if you're Chris Webber walking around with 10K in jewelry in the hood, then you might get your chain snatched. But no one said Chris Webber was ever bright. 😂

Last edited by AFireInside619 on Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject:

2, 3, pg, sg, etc...they don't mean as much as they used to. There's basically two positions nowadays depending on the scheme:

1. Wing

2. non-wing who can still shoot from deep
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

I love Illmatic, and some other random songs like "On the Real", "One Mic", "Ether", "Made You Look", but over all Nas hasn't made a good album since Illmatic. Ask Jay-Z. He wrote a song about how Nas hasn't had a classic since Illmatic. Jay & Ye can evolve. Nas is still living off success from a quarter of a century ago.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I love Illmatic, and some other random songs like "On the Real", "One Mic", "Ether", "Made You Look", but over all Nas hasn't made a good album since Illmatic. Ask Jay-Z. He wrote a song about how Nas hasn't had a classic since Illmatic. Jay & Ye can evolve. Nas is still living off success from a quarter of a century ago.

I guess it's all subjective.. Jay always had better production, ironically Nas responded with a dis track that silenced Jay, who admitted he lost that battle. He may not be the one to ask lol.

We should probably chill though before the mods admonish us for going astray lol.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

I guess it's all subjective.. Jay always had better production, ironically Nas responded with a dis track that silenced Jay, who admitted he lost that battle. He may not be the one to ask lol.

We should probably chill though before the mods admonish us for going astray lol.

Haha okay. Zo be like, "All I need is one shirt and LG will forever talk about me." 😂
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject:

Nas and Hoviti are two different vibes , two different ways they talk to you...Depends on which you prefer. I like Nas for his like pain type stuff like in a Pac vein, Jay is like a OG giving you game.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Oh I am, most definitely. One of my favorite artists of all time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Sick child's special request for LeBron? Posterize Lonzo Ball

LINK
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

LINK

Zo will never let that happen, the villain he is
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

dare you to get one and wear it through Brooklyn or Queens....you will probably gain a newfound appreciation for the hardness of bricks.

Brooklyn? The place where the Nets play? The place that went through gentrification and kicked a bunch of people out? The place that is the hipster capital of the east? The place that HBO's Girls was filmed? I think he'll be fine with that hoodie. Plus Nas is originally from Queens and he lives in ATL now. It's not like it was a Biggie or Jay (Who lives in LA now) shirt.

that's cute, someone has a Yahoo News feed....if you think what you listed is fully representative of Brooklyn, then you do not know much about Brooklyn. A lot of people live in other places...places they do not consider home....and both Brooklyn (where Nas was born) and Queens (where he later moved to as a child) claim Nas. If you do not think Nas has love in Brooklyn....then again, you do not know Brooklyn.

Brooklyn has over 2.6 Million people...that is twice the population of the city of San Diego.....damn near close to the size of the entire county of San Diego....and you think some coffee shops and boutiques around Barclay's center made all of Brooklyn turn into Mayberry....

If you're comparing the borough of Brooklyn, which is 2.6m, you'll have to compare the county if San Diego, which is 3.1m. The actual city of San Diego is relatively small in comparison to the rest of it. But back my point.

I know NY because I was born there. I also know Florida, where you reside because I've lived there for many years. By the way, no on calls Orlando the "Dirty South", but that's neither here nor there. I was joking about the Brooklyn thing, but there are plenty of places he can walk with a Zo Illmatic shirt and get away with it. What made me write the post was because you felt there would be people in Brooklyn who would rough him up for wearing that shirt. That may be true, but it's more ridiculous than truth. You live in Florida. You see NY residence come down all the time and think they run your state. Pretending to act tough and saying things like, " I'm from NY, what?!?" Like it automatically makes them a tough guy who can whoop anyone who stands in their way. Heck, I was like that for years. Until I learned that outside of NY, no one cares about NY. Being from NY doesn't make you tough, and being from Brooklyn doesn't mean you'll hit Zo on the head for wearing his face on an Illmatic shirt. They would more likely give him daps and ask for a picture. Now if you're Chris Webber walking around with 10K in jewelry in the hood, then you might get your chain snatched. But no one said Chris Webber was ever bright. 😂

Not even sure what to make of this....I have read it 3 times and keep coming back to what the (bleep) is he talking about? I am not concerned where you were born or where you passed through, nor do I understand why you keep pointing out where I reside. I will correct you where you need to be corrected.....the Dirty South definitely includes all of Central Florida and even a bit more south. Second, I do not get my thoughts about NY from these imaginary people you speak of that you claim to have been one of or something. Nobody has ever told me they were from NY and I thought they were tough or should rule my state, or I think that was your claim. Throughout my adult life, I have been a frequent visitor to the city, including spending months (except some weekends) at a time at client locations within and outside the city. There are still many parts of Brooklyn that I am very aware of that you would be advised to not just hang out in, especially in the late evening hours. The same is true for Queens, the Bronx and even sections of Manhattan. I get the national narrative is how Brooklyn, Harlem, and other areas have had these friendly makeovers....and I know the small areas this mostly refers to....but to pretend there is not serious gang activity and dangerous streets in Brooklyn is disingenuous.

Finally, and most importantly....the most disturbing part of your response is you admit to and use as evidence...the filming location of Girls. Big fan? Sweet on Lena Dunham?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

Not even sure what to make of this....I have read it 3 times and keep coming back to what the (bleep) is he talking about? I am not concerned where you were born or where you passed through, nor do I understand why you keep pointing out where I reside. I will correct you where you need to be corrected.....the Dirty South definitely includes all of Central Florida and even a bit more south. Second, I do not get my thoughts about NY from these imaginary people you speak of that you claim to have been one of or something. Nobody has ever told me they were from NY and I thought they were tough or should rule my state, or I think that was your claim. Throughout my adult life, I have been a frequent visitor to the city, including spending months (except some weekends) at a time at client locations within and outside the city. There are still many parts of Brooklyn that I am very aware of that you would be advised to not just hang out in, especially in the late evening hours. The same is true for Queens, the Bronx and even sections of Manhattan. I get the national narrative is how Brooklyn, Harlem, and other areas have had these friendly makeovers....and I know the small areas this mostly refers to....but to pretend there is not serious gang activity and dangerous streets in Brooklyn is disingenuous.

Finally, and most importantly....the most disturbing part of your response is you admit to and use as evidence...the filming location of Girls. Big fan? Sweet on Lena Dunham?

Damn Son. You got me. I submit. You are 100% correct. If Zo wore that shirt through Williamsburg, thugs will show up and bludgeon him to death with Timbs to the head. Can we return to the Lakers now before you turn Orlando into a no-fly zone for me? Keep thuggin'. 😆
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

LINK

Well at least now he has an excuse if Bron dunks on him..

“I let him do it, you know, for the kids!!”
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

Damn Son. You got me. I submit. You are 100% correct. If Zo wore that shirt through Williamsburg, thugs will show up and bludgeon him to death with Timbs to the head. Can we return to the Lakers now before you turn Orlando into a no-fly zone for me? Keep thuggin'. 😆

After all this my man still doesn't know where to get the hoodie...
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

I feel bad for OP. He got swallowed up by our stupid internet conversation.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

LOL@ all this

Last edited by ChickenBeckerman on Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Is it okay if we all talk basketball now? lol

Anyways.

Lonzo goes OFF tonight. Scoring wise.

gut feeling

DO IT ZO!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Anyways.

gut feeling

DO IT ZO!!!

I feel the same way. I think we're gonna go out and prove the old Cavs can't keep up with us. Then again Lebron has the cheat code to breakin' the Warriors style of pace and space offense, and we are not quite the Warriors at the moment. 😂
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:

ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Anyways.

gut feeling

DO IT ZO!!!

I feel the same way. I think we're gonna go out and prove the old Cavs can't keep up with us. Then again Lebron has the cheat code to breakin' the Warriors style of pace and space offense, and we are not quite the Warriors at the moment. 😂

Yeah, Lakers got a tough one ahead but I think they still have a decent chance of stealing one even though they are 9.5pt underdogs. lol

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavaliers-vs-lakers-odds-nba-picks-from-expert-whos-16-7-on-cavs-games/
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Reggie Miller calling Lonzo’s shot unorthodox is ironic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 772, 773, 774 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 773 of 1688
Jump to: