OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 857, 858, 859 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Streaking without him. #overrated

I'm just excited to see him take ennis' minutes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has an apparent has an MCL strain. So 1-3 weeks recovery time.
Doc JC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sit him out past the All Star break. Would almost advise him not to play in the Rising Stars challenge. We need him for the homestretch to showcase him as a good core piece for FAs in 2018.

Would agree normally, but with the game being in LA, there’s no way he sits if he’s healthy.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Wondering why no media person ever reported that Lonzo had an MCL sprain until today? Did just no one tell them and someone out of the blue said in passing "oh yeah by the way, Lonzo had an MCL sprain"
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Some shady (bleep) going on in here.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

MCL sprain is a specific type of knee sprain. Same recovery time. They didn’t hide anything.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Should take this time to work on his free throws. I want him shooting 75% for the second half.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dr. Robert Klapper @DrRobertKlapper 3h

#LAKERS. Lonzo with a Sprained MCL. Unlike ACL this Heals WITHOUT Surgery with No long term issues!

That's comforting
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:03 am    Post subject:

Ball seems injury prone. He’s missed so many games, including SL
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
Ball seems injury prone. He’s missed so many games, including SL

Weak body without proper NBA training. Hopefully he takes care of that this summer.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject:

MCL sprains heal because on the medial side of the knee there is decent blood flow.

Even complete tears can heal fully without surgery.

I had a grade 2 MCL sprain and was in a brace for 2 weeks. The pain goes away pretty fast. Maybe after the 4th day the swelling and pain started to subside but it didn't feel stable. It actually didn't feel stable until the 3rd week. I still wore the brace for a bit after that because my knee didn't feel quite right.

It's a common injury and with a brace it's pretty manageable. Lot's of NFL players, with the help of a support brace, play through grade 1 sprains.

I'm sure Lonzo has a grade 1 sprain and they are just being super cautious with it. I haven't seen him in a brace. He walks around with his slip ons. He's dancing near the hot tub. He's fine. Magic isn't taking any risks.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
Wondering why no media person ever reported that Lonzo had an MCL sprain until today? Did just no one tell them and someone out of the blue said in passing "oh yeah by the way, Lonzo had an MCL sprain"

Yeah that's weird.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject:

Lakers’ Luke Walton ‘wouldn’t be surprised’ if Lonzo Ball, sidelined by MCL sprain, returns to court in coming days

Quote:
“He’s feeling better every day,” Walton said, “but he didn’t do any of the shoot around today. He was getting treatment,” Walton said. “Lifting weights and when we finished he came out and just started getting some shots up with Miles (assistant coach Miles Simon).”

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/27/lakers-luke-walton-wouldnt-be-surprised-if-lonzo-ball-sidelined-by-mcl-sprain-returns-to-court-in-coming-days/
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject:

WOW his little brother has game
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

repandpresent wrote:
I'm sure Lonzo has a grade 1 sprain and they are just being super cautious with it. I haven't seen him in a brace. He walks around with his slip ons. He's dancing near the hot tub. He's fine. Magic isn't taking any risks.

Yeah I think as long as they are winning, they will not rush Lonzo back. Imo if they were on a losing streak you may have seen Lonzo on Friday or today. They would probably keep him out until the suns game at home if they sneak a couple of more victories.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Yeah that's weird.

We asked what the hell was going on with Lonzo every single day and they didn't give us (bleep) until yesterday, apparently. I don't travel with the team, but people asked every question imaginable for updates, diagnoses, etc. when they were in LA. It was literally the first question to Luke every day.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
We asked what the hell was going on with Lonzo every single day and they didn't give us (bleep) until yesterday, apparently. I don't travel with the team, but people asked every question imaginable for updates, diagnoses, etc. when they were in LA. It was literally the first question to Luke every day.

Any assumption about their silence ?
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
tox wrote:
The Logo wrote:

Yeah that's weird.

That's pretty concerning
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

I don't think its a big deal. The truth is doctors can only tell you so much. A sprain can take anywhere from a week or two to a couple of months to heal. They are usual using educated guesses. I had ACL reconstruction and the Ortho initially told me it was a sprain. As long as the MRI show no structural damage, its nothing to worry about. It will heal when it heals.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I don't think its a big deal. The truth is doctors can only tell you so much. A sprain can take anywhere from a week or two to a couple of months to heal. They are usual using educated guesses. I had ACL reconstruction and the Ortho initially told me it was a sprain. As long as the MRI show no structural damage, its nothing to worry about. It will heal when it heals.

At least for me, the level of concern went up when I heard he had an MCL sprain rather than just a knee sprain (which in the case I thought he was just going to be day to day when he first had the injury). As long as there's no structural damage, like you said though, he'll be okay. I'm just confused about the lack of communication between Luke and the media regarding the injury.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject:

The Logo wrote:
defense wrote:

At least for me, the level of concern went up when I heard he had an MCL sprain rather than just a knee sprain (which in the case I thought he was just going to be day to day when he first had the injury). As long as there's no structural damage, like you said though, he'll be okay. I'm just confused about the lack of communication between Luke and the media regarding the injury.

A knee sprain means one of the ligaments is sprained. ACL, MCL, LCL, or PCL. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
The Logo wrote:
defense wrote:

A knee sprain means one of the ligaments is sprained. ACL, MCL, LCL, or PCL. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Sprained PCLs are almost so rare you can almost always eliminate them. Typically always going to be ACL's and MCL's that are sprained/torn
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject:

The diagnosis was a minor knee sprain from day one.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

When’s the last time he played? It feels so long ago.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
When’s the last time he played? It feels so long ago.

At Dallas
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 857, 858, 859 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 858 of 1688
Jump to: