OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 879, 880, 881 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Came in here for some injury update and I'm bombarded by this tmz stuff...

And there is no game scheduled until Friday:( It is going to be a loooong week on LG.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
defense wrote:
Came in here for some injury update and I'm bombarded by this tmz stuff...

And there is no game scheduled until Friday:( It is going to be a loooong week on LG.

That's the only reason I came into the thread. Really want to see him play friday.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Roon wrote:
Y'all are ridiculous.

Kid needs a creative outlet while he's hurt. He could be doing much less productive things than music. It's good for the soul.

Yea.. they're basically saying he shouldn't have any interests outside of sports..no hobbies.. that's the most ridiculous line of thinking that gets pinned on athletes man..they're just people, with a job. It probably takes Zo an hour to write one of those simpleton rap songs.. Fans thinking they know how athletes allocate their hours, inside or outside of the gym, is the most hilarious thing to me. We have no idea what these guys do with their time in or out of the gym...to assume he has poor work ethic is a wild assumption

Rap albums are not what I consider hobbies. I've done one and been involved in making others. It's work and time consuming. I'm oil with him doing other things but when the job that afforded you the opportunity to make that album is suffering I have a problem with it. (bleep) your brand! The brand he should be worried about is the one that's paying him.

He's hurt man what do you want him to do? There's only so much PT, film,and practice one can do in the day. His other activities are just more visible to some people, and perhaps coincidentally don't fit their scripts, than another player who loves watching TV.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Roon wrote:
Y'all are ridiculous.

Kid needs a creative outlet while he's hurt. He could be doing much less productive things than music. It's good for the soul.

Yea.. they're basically saying he shouldn't have any interests outside of sports..no hobbies.. that's the most ridiculous line of thinking that gets pinned on athletes man..they're just people, with a job. It probably takes Zo an hour to write one of those simpleton rap songs.. Fans thinking they know how athletes allocate their hours, inside or outside of the gym, is the most hilarious thing to me. We have no idea what these guys do with their time in or out of the gym...to assume he has poor work ethic is a wild assumption

Rap albums are not what I consider hobbies. I've done one and been involved in making others. It's work and time consuming. I'm oil with him doing other things but when the job that afforded you the opportunity to make that album is suffering I have a problem with it. (bleep) your brand! The brand he should be worried about is the one that's paying him.

How is that the case?
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

^I'm not a doctor, but my understanding of the human body is that rapping inhibits ones ability to heal a knee injury.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Anyone give up $200 for an autograph?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:

No, but that's how much I paid for League Pass to "watch" him "play" games.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

$200/55 games played = $3.64 per game

He has played 36 games to date, let’s see if he gets to 55.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

To be fair I got the whole NBA package instead of the Lakers one. I might just do the Lakers package next year instead.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Is he still out indefinitely?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

He’s supposed to be back Friday. Fingers crossed he finishes the season out healthy.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
He’s supposed to be back Friday. Fingers crossed he finishes the season out healthy.

Hope he can stay healthy, pretty troubling how many games he's missed this season with injuries.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:

To be fair I got the whole NBA package instead of the Lakers one. I might just do the Lakers package next year instead.

Im too much of a cheapo and not enamored with our direction to spend my money

Work was selling tickets ($37) for Fridays game. Nose bleeds of course, but even then im thinking I want to make sure I get my moneys worth. family of 4, parking, and snacks equals a skinny wallet. Add another DNP by lonzo and potential blowout at the hands of Dallas and im PO
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
^I'm not a doctor, but my understanding of the human body is that rapping inhibits ones ability to heal a knee injury.

SugeKnighitis
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Hope he can stay healthy, pretty troubling how many games he's missed this season with injuries.

There is a big difference between college and the NBA and he didn’t finish the college season healthy. He needs time to get stronger.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

No but seriously, I hope this kid isn't pulling a fast one. He may seem quiet and reserved but he's still Lavar's offspring and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

I'd hate to find out he's okay and has just been milking the clock to become a socialite (he's been on tv, he's working on his album, charging for autographs, and now announced a Lithuanian tour).
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Roon wrote:
Y'all are ridiculous.

How is that the case?

It's suffering because he's injured and he hasn't shot well until weeks before the injury.
CalisFinest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

"Shutup and dribble" - LG

There's 24 hours in a day. There's a certain point where there's diminishing returns on actively doing the same repetition over and over, especially when you're injured. Just because the dude raps and has other hobbies doesn't mean he's not taking basketball seriously.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

CalisFinest wrote:
"Shutup and dribble" - LG

There's 24 hours in a day. There's a certain point where there's diminishing returns on actively doing the same repetition over and over, especially when you're injured. Just because the dude raps and has other hobbies doesn't mean he's not taking basketball seriously.

He has a Girl friend so that's part of his time. Hanging out with friends that's part of his time. Promoting BBB that's part of his time. Making and Promoting his Album is part of his time. Then there's the Lakers his Job that's paying him. Which one of those things are gonna suffer and take a backseat to something else? Because there's not a lot of time for all of that.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject:

He better stay healthy the rest of the season or I'm going to start flying some red flags.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
He better stay healthy the rest of the season or I'm going to start flying some red flags.

I'm a big supporter but recent events got me worried about where his priorities are. As someone said he's Lavars "Jack of all trades master of none" Son. Dude trying to building businesses on top of businesses when he hasn't started one that's self sustaining yet. FOCUS
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:55 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

No but seriously, I hope this kid isn't pulling a fast one. He may seem quiet and reserved but he's still Lavar's offspring and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

I'd hate to find out he's okay and has just been milking the clock to become a socialite (he's been on tv, he's working on his album, charging for autographs, and now announced a Lithuanian tour).

Ironically, your post is equally absurd even though you're laughing.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:

I'm a big supporter but recent events got me worried about where his priorities are. As someone said he's Lavars "Jack of all trades master of none" Son. Dude trying to building businesses on top of businesses when he hasn't started one that's self sustaining yet. FOCUS

As long as he plays well and stays healthy I am fine with his off court business. But he is walking a fine line right now.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

How so...?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

How so...?

Why would he risk his future earnings (contract) which is in the 10's of millions of dollars over an album and autographs? Think about it, makes no sense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 879, 880, 881 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 880 of 1688
Jump to: