OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 880, 881, 882 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^I'm not a doctor, but my understanding of the human body is that rapping inhibits ones ability to heal a knee injury.

Lol.

No but seriously, I hope this kid isn't pulling a fast one. He may seem quiet and reserved but he's still Lavar's offspring and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

I'd hate to find out he's okay and has just been milking the clock to become a socialite (he's been on tv, he's working on his album, charging for autographs, and now announced a Lithuanian tour).

Ironically, your post is equally absurd even though you're laughing.

How so...?

The fact that you would even float this idea around that Lonzo is potentially milking his injury "to become a socialite." And your best evidence for this is that he's LaVar's son? Do you slander people in real life too? You can say no, but I honestly wouldn't believe you.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^I'm not a doctor, but my understanding of the human body is that rapping inhibits ones ability to heal a knee injury.

Lol.

No but seriously, I hope this kid isn't pulling a fast one. He may seem quiet and reserved but he's still Lavar's offspring and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

I'd hate to find out he's okay and has just been milking the clock to become a socialite (he's been on tv, he's working on his album, charging for autographs, and now announced a Lithuanian tour).

How so...?

The fact that you would even float this idea around that Lonzo is potentially milking his injury "to become a socialite." And your best evidence for this is that he's LaVar's son? Do you slander people in real life too? You can say no, but I honestly wouldn't believe you.

Lol how was that my best evidence? I provided a list of other things he's been doing since his little vacation started. Can you read in real life? You can say yes, but I honestly wouldn't believe you.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:
He better stay healthy the rest of the season or I'm going to start flying some red flags.

I'm a big supporter but recent events got me worried about where his priorities are. As someone said he's Lavars "Jack of all trades master of none" Son. Dude trying to building businesses on top of businesses when he hasn't started one that's self sustaining yet. FOCUS

As long as he plays well and stays healthy I am fine with his off court business. But he is walking a fine line right now.

Then we're on the same Page.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
32 wrote:
He better stay healthy the rest of the season or I'm going to start flying some red flags.

I'm a big supporter but recent events got me worried about where his priorities are. As someone said he's Lavars "Jack of all trades master of none" Son. Dude trying to building businesses on top of businesses when he hasn't started one that's self sustaining yet. FOCUS

As long as he plays well and stays healthy I am fine with his off court business. But he is walking a fine line right now.

Then we're on the same Page.

Eventually, if Zo wants to maximize his basketball talents he will have to take Phil's advice to Shaq during O'neal's MVP season.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

How so...?

Lol how was that my best evidence? I provided a list of other things he's been doing since his little vacation started. Can you read in real life? You can say yes, but I honestly wouldn't believe you.

Yeah, clever comeback Let's walk through your little list carefully and see if it has any credence:

1) "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" - So you actually think it's rational (or moral) to bring Lonzo's integrity into question just because his dad's is questionable? The fact that you don't even realize what's wrong with that says a lot about your own integrity if anything.

2) "He's been on tv"- I don't even know what TV appearance you're referring to, honestly. But regardless, one TV appearance doesn't deserve to be analyzed. These players make TV appearances (like Inside Stuff) and shoot commercials during the season all the time. Big deal. The stuff probably takes a couple of hours to shoot. It's not like the stuff is time-consuming. A player doesn't have to be injured to make a TV appearance. That makes no sense.

3) "He's working on his album" - This is the only thing on your pathetic list that could potentially be time-consuming enough to distract him. But even still, none of us are around to witness how much time he invests in it. Even if he spends a lot of time on it, there's nothing wrong with a player having a hobby. All players do, his just so happens to be making music.

It amazes me how often fans will delude themselves into believing that they have the foresight to determine how focused a player is, despite the fact that we have little to no knowledge about what their daily lives consist of. It's almost as silly as saying, 'So and so obviously isn't working on his game. He hasn't posted a single video of himself in the gym all summer! Ugh!" Get outta here.

4) "Charging for autographs"- Is he supposed to give them away for free? Even if he did do it for free, how would milking his injury aid him with signing autographs? You honestly think the two are connected?

5) "And now announced a Lithuanian tour"- So he needed to milk his injury to announce that he'll be doing a tour in Lithuania? Really? This is a joke.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

"Can't we all get just along?"
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

4) "Charging for autographs"- Is he supposed to give them away for free?

Big Lonzo fan. Think he's gonna be special and I don't entertain any notion that basketball is not his number one focus…but yes. Yes he is.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
he's still Lavar's offspring and the apple don't fall far from the tree.

We can only hope. Compared to many NBA players' fathers, and many fathers in general, Lavar has a lot going for him. He was always there, being a supportive and strong influence in his childrens' lives. Because of this, the likely outcome for Lonzo is to become a strong, confident young man.
LakeShow500
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject:

I can't wait for Lonzo to come back so we can stop talking about the stupid crap LaVar says or the rapping or whatever on this thread and get back to basketball.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject:

The dilemma right now is that the better Lonzo becomes, the bigger a problem Lavar becomes. I really like Lonzo's game, but he's got too much baggage for me to commit to him being the franchise saviour.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:24 am    Post subject:

ingle wrote:
The dilemma right now is that the better Lonzo becomes, the bigger a problem Lavar becomes. I really like Lonzo's game, but he's got too much baggage for me to commit to him being the franchise saviour.

I used to think Lavar was a good father. Now I just see a (bleep) who can potentially hurt his sons career in basketball.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
ingle wrote:

I used to think Lavar was a good father. Now I just see a (bleep) who can potentially hurt his sons career in basketball.

There was a point in time when I thought Lavar actually knew what he was doing, the way he's been acting when Lonzo is tied up for years in a rookie contract shows me he doesn't.

Pelinka needs to sit Lonzo down and convince him to hire the best agent money can get. If Lonzo is still attached at the hip with the Ball sideshow, the only way he'd be that would be if he became Kobe.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Roon wrote:
Y'all are ridiculous.

Kid needs a creative outlet while he's hurt. He could be doing much less productive things than music. It's good for the soul.

Yea.. they're basically saying he shouldn't have any interests outside of sports..no hobbies.. that's the most ridiculous line of thinking that gets pinned on athletes man..they're just people, with a job. It probably takes Zo an hour to write one of those simpleton rap songs.. Fans thinking they know how athletes allocate their hours, inside or outside of the gym, is the most hilarious thing to me. We have no idea what these guys do with their time in or out of the gym...to assume he has poor work ethic is a wild assumption

Rap albums are not what I consider hobbies. I've done one and been involved in making others. It's work and time consuming. I'm oil with him doing other things but when the job that afforded you the opportunity to make that album is suffering I have a problem with it. (bleep) your brand! The brand he should be worried about is the one that's paying him.

How is that the case?

It's suffering because he's injured and he hasn't shot well until weeks before the injury.
How are his injury and shooting related to his musical pursuits?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

Do you think it is fair to project your fears on to Lonzo without anything to substantiate it?
"He's okay and has just been miking the clock to become a socialite" sounds like crazy talk.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Basically, "why is he not in in the gym, practicing". LOL
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

How so...?

Why wouldn't you believe the medical updates coming from the Lakers?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

I can't wait to talk about Lonzo's basketball game.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

The only thing we should be concerned about with Lonzo is how often he is injured so far in his young career.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Car54 wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Roon wrote:
Y'all are ridiculous.

Kid needs a creative outlet while he's hurt. He could be doing much less productive things than music. It's good for the soul.

Yea.. they're basically saying he shouldn't have any interests outside of sports..no hobbies.. that's the most ridiculous line of thinking that gets pinned on athletes man..they're just people, with a job. It probably takes Zo an hour to write one of those simpleton rap songs.. Fans thinking they know how athletes allocate their hours, inside or outside of the gym, is the most hilarious thing to me. We have no idea what these guys do with their time in or out of the gym...to assume he has poor work ethic is a wild assumption

Rap albums are not what I consider hobbies. I've done one and been involved in making others. It's work and time consuming. I'm oil with him doing other things but when the job that afforded you the opportunity to make that album is suffering I have a problem with it. (bleep) your brand! The brand he should be worried about is the one that's paying him.

How is that the case?

It's suffering because he's injured and he hasn't shot well until weeks before the injury.
How are his injury and shooting related to his musical pursuits?

Focus
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject:

Is Lonzo set to return this week? Seems like he's been out for an eternity.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

[quote="Judah"]
SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

How so...?

What's more ridiculous - an NBA player signing autographs for free or an NBA player charging 200 bucks for it? That's just low, way low.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I can't wait to talk about Lonzo's basketball game.

This thread would be dead if his daddy didn't bring attention to him while he's injured.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Which is a group of players to you guys:

Wall/Beal/Porter/Oubre

or

Ball/PG13/Ingram/Kuzma

can include projections
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

[quote="SectorSevenG"]
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Judah wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Lol.

How so...?

What's more ridiculous - an NBA player signing autographs for free or an NBA player charging 200 bucks for it? That's just low, way low.

Bruh he has to pay his pimp
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

If he can improve his floater and footwork/body control attacking the basket, he's going to be a monster on that high PnR. He's not Westbrook or Wall fast, but he's pretty close when he gets a head of steam while the threat of his vision is going to keep his driving lanes unclogged.

Imagine transplanting Steven Adams and PG13 to Staples: Adams and Lonzo running that high PnR in semi-transition with Kuzma in the near corner and George on the weakside with Hart trailing - whoo wee, that'd be lethal offensively!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 880, 881, 882 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 881 of 1688
Jump to: