OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 887, 888, 889 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Scouting report hasn't changed, force him to shoot from the right.
the same scouting report can be said about a lot of guys in the nba. everyone has spots they shoot poorly. of course for a rookie that isnt a known shooter its going to be worse.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Did you people really expect him to play on the second night of a back to back when he's been out for six weeks? This is nothing like Embiid. It's not like they've said it'll be this way for the rest of the season. They don't want to put too much on him too quickly before they're able to see how his body responds after tonight's game. What's so awful about that? Why risk aggravating it? I bet if he were to play tonight, then play again tomorrow and aggravate it in the game, you would've been flaming the Lakers for letting him play during the second night of a back to back: 'UGH! STUPID LAKERS! WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU LET HIM PLAY TWO NIGHTS IN A ROW WHEN HE'S BEEN OUT FOR SIX WEEKS! UGHHH! GRRR!"

Comparing Lonzo to a guy who missed his first two seasons, barely played last year, and has still yet to play 82 games in his entire career is just incredible. Can we at least try to be rational here, even a little? Pretty please?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

JayLida wrote:
Just reading some of these pathetic responses makes one wonder if any of you are Laker fans. I get having an opinion no matter how ridiculous it may be but damn this board with it's advanced scouts and medical personel is just crazy.

JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
We have our own Embiid guys

Minutes restriction tonight, out tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/967121255798259712

OMG. This is truly sad. He has been injury prone since we've had him.

No, they are being careful for him just like any team will do with there franchise player.... he is 20 let’s keep that in mind he has a good 15-18 years In the NBA if they don’t monitor him now he will end up having issues down the road....

It makes sense to keep him out for now on a 2nd game of back to back, but right now he is no different than Embiid...until proven otherwise.
That's not how it works. You can think crazy things. You can say crazy things. But if you post crazy things on this board you have to have some basis in reality.
Take the crazy down a notch, please.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Why not just keep him out another week until more of the pain goes away? He's still get a final 20 games in.. his jumper doesn't even look 'healthy'
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Why not just keep him out another week until more of the pain goes away? He's still get a final 20 games in.. his jumper doesn't even look 'healthy'
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Agreed, guess losing to a tanking Mavs had to make Ball play this game
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Was there a legit report that said he still had pain in his knee? I remember Luke saying that they weren't taking any chances, and if there was pain that they would dial it back. They made it very clear that he wouldn't get back on the court until that knee was pain free. Was this just an attempt to keep the opponent guessing at who they would be facing tonight, or to make Lavar walk back on his post that Lonzo was a go?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

No, they are being careful for him just like any team will do with there franchise player.... he is 20 let’s keep that in mind he has a good 15-18 years In the NBA if they don’t monitor him now he will end up having issues down the road....

It makes sense to keep him out for now on a 2nd game of back to back, but right now he is no different than Embiid...until proven otherwise.
That's not how it works. You can think crazy things. You can say crazy things. But if you post crazy things on this board you have to have some basis in reality.

I don’t think it’s crazy. I have no issues with him on a minutes restriction tonight and sitting out tomorrow night. That actually makes sense.

If you think the Embiid comparison is the issue, fine then I’ll modify: With his injuries to date, it is concerning that he is potentially on the Embiid track record. Let’s see what happens, but his propensity to get injured is a problem as of today.

Last edited by LakerSD on Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Was there a legit report that said he still had pain in his knee? I remember Luke saying that they weren't taking any chances, and if there was pain that they would dial it back. They made it very clear that he wouldn't get back on the court until that knee was pain free. Was this just an attempt to keep the opponent guessing at who they would be facing tonight, or to make Lavar walk back on his post that Lonzo was a go?

I think Zo said it in his last interview..
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

We'll see what he looks like tonight. No use jumping to conclusions.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

When it was announced that he was questionable and still in a bit of discomfort, this thread blew up about soft injury prone and soft he was. Now he’s going to give it a go and it’s a mistake....still a no win situation as far as Lonzo/Training Staff/Fans go. He will take flak it seems no matter what he does....
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Still can't believe they would let him play if there was any pain in that knee. It makes no sense at all
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I don’t think it’s crazy. I have no issues with him on a minutes restriction tonight and sitting out tomorrow night. That actually makes sense.

If you think the Embiid comparison is the issue, fine then I’ll modify: With his injuries to date, it is concerning that he is potentially on the Embiid track record. Let’s see what happens, but his propensity to get injured is a problem as of today.

Embiid missed his first two seasons completely. Lonzo’s injury history his rookie season hasn’t been encouraging, but it’s nowhere near being in the same universe as Embiid’s start.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Still can't believe they would let him play if there was any pain in that knee. It makes no sense at all

Recent MRI must be showing that the tear is near 100% healed.. can't imagine them riskin re-injury..pain is different though I guess
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Embiid missed his first two seasons completely. Lonzo’s injury history his rookie season hasn’t been encouraging, but it’s nowhere near being in the same universe as Embiid’s start.

I guess you missed my modified statement in the quote you posted. If you don’t agree, that’s fine. Agree to disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own interpretation of a player’s injury history and concerns for the future.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
No use jumping to conclusions.

We don't know any other way defense!
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

I guess you missed my modified statement in the quote you posted. If you don’t agree, that’s fine. Agree to disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own interpretation of a player’s injury history and concerns for the future.

He isn’t on the Embiid track record. Embiid’s track record was to completely miss his first two seasons. Lonzo’s injuries haven’t been anywhere close to that level yet.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

He isn’t on the Embiid track record. Embiid’s track record was to completely miss his first two seasons. Lonzo’s injuries haven’t been anywhere close to that level yet.

Yea not close. And Embiid missed a lot of his college season too..
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Having knee issues myself, had microfacture surgery in one, I can tell you that sometimes the pain is just there and you have to play through it. It wont cause any more damage, it's just not pain-free. You play, it hurts afterwards, then you rest, and you play again. It's a IIWII mentality.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

That “modification” is still absurd. The mere mention of Embiid as a legitimate comparison is hot take status.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I hope Lonzo Ingram and Kuzma have good games. Im tired of espn host and tneir disrespect for the franchise. Everyone wants to kick the lakers when we're down
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

I love you.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASAS
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 887, 888, 889 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 888 of 1688
Jump to: