OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 931, 932, 933 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
danzag wrote:
46% for free throws is unacceptable.

Ouch.

Aside from the funky technique, I think a lot of it is mental. The media is getting to Lonzo's confidence. I get that his technique might make him too slow to get his shot off against nba level defenses, but that doesn't explain his lousy ft % with no one guarding him. He is letting the media get into his head.

You might be right. Anyone know what his FT % was throughout high school?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Ouch.

Aside from the funky technique, I think a lot of it is mental. The media is getting to Lonzo's confidence. I get that his technique might make him too slow to get his shot off against nba level defenses, but that doesn't explain his lousy ft % with no one guarding him. He is letting the media get into his head.

Shot 80% as a senior.

To me his FTs are mental.

He just goes up there and tosses them up without any focus.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
Vanquish wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Ouch.

Shot 80% as a senior.

To me his FTs are mental.

He just goes up there and tosses them up without any focus.

Honestly, it feels/seems like he's just flinging them up there in a rush just to get off the damn line. Like he's uncomfortable that the focus in entirely on him at that point. He does that a lot with his quick dunks too. No hanging on the rim... half the time he doesn't even touch the rim. Just slams it through and runs the other way.

Whereas Lavar would probably hang out at the FT line for a minute yapping and soaking up all the attention between each free throw if he could. Or be that guy hanging on the rim and going thru a series of theatrics after a play. It's like Lonzo wants to be the opposite of that.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Don’t Forget

HAL 9000
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
55 wrote:
He needs to get to the rim a few more times a game and draw some fouls. Sure, his FT% sucks right now but he must work on that instead of only relying on 3's.

This is the part of his game that has disappointed me the most.

He doesn’t attack. Because of that it makes it harder for the rest of the team to score especially in the halfcourt.

Agree. He passes it away to early, and often just stands around watching the offense happen. He needs to be a part of it. He needs to be the one constantly attacking the basket, just like IT does. Motion creates emotion. Always be attacking the rim and looking to either score closer up or flick it to Randle, Zubac or flick it out for the open three.

At least, if nothing else, get the other team in foul trouble.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

HAL 9000 wrote:
BizLA wrote:
55 wrote:
He needs to get to the rim a few more times a game and draw some fouls. Sure, his FT% sucks right now but he must work on that instead of only relying on 3's.

He doesn’t attack. Because of that it makes it harder for the rest of the team to score especially in the halfcourt.

Agree. He passes it away to early, and often just stands around watching the offense happen. He needs to be a part of it. He needs to be the one constantly attacking the basket, just like IT does. Motion creates emotion. Always be attacking the rim and looking to either score closer up or flick it to Randle, Zubac or flick it out for the open three.

He’s not going to dominate the basketball especially in the half court. It’s not his game. But I agree he needs to get to the rim more and finish more often once he gets there.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
HAL 9000 wrote:
BizLA wrote:
55 wrote:

He’s not going to dominate the basketball especially in the half court. It’s not his game. But I agree he needs to get to the rim more and finish more often once he gets there.

He cuts all the time, nobody gets him the ball. He's open for so many lobs sometimes.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
HAL 9000 wrote:
BizLA wrote:
55 wrote:

He cuts all the time, nobody gets him the ball. He's open for so many lobs sometimes.

Yea he does and it’s really weird that nobody is willing or able to make that pass. He caught those baseline cut lobs a bunch of times in college. With that said, he still has opportunities to get the the basket with the ball in his hands that he doesn’t take advantage of.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

I forgot how fun watchin somebody play defense could be until ALONZO Ball put that unfiorm on
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

The most frequent comparisons are/were, Kendall Marshall..lol, Ricky Rubio and Jason Kidd. After 46 games I think it is safe to say that the Kendall Marshall comparison was ridiculous. The Rubio comparison while better than the marshall comparison, is not apt because Lonzo's athleticism is in a different league compared to Rubio's.

That brings us to Kidd. The rookie stats are very similar with Lonzo being a better shooter. Kidd was stronger than Lonzo as a rookie but I think Lonzo has better athleticism. After 46 games it looks like the Kidd comparisons were pretty accurate and with the normal development of his game Lonzo will probably be as good if not better.

Kidd shot 27% from 3 his rookie year. Chris Paul 28%. Lonzo's 3 should be fine but the FT are a concern because it looks like it could be a mental issue.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
The most frequent comparisons are/were, Kendall Marshall..lol, Ricky Rubio and Jason Kidd. After 46 games I think it is safe to say that the Kendall Marshall comparison was ridiculous. The Rubio comparison while better than the marshall comparison, is not apt because Lonzo's athleticism is in a different league compared to Rubio's.

That brings us to Kidd. The rookie stats are very similar with Lonzo being a better shooter. Kidd was stronger than Lonzo as a rookie but I think Lonzo has better athleticism. After 46 games it looks like the Kidd comparisons were pretty accurate and with the normal development of his game Lonzo will probably be as good if not better.

Kidd shot 27% from 3 his rookie year. Chris Paul 28%. Lonzo's 3 should be fine but the FT are a concern because it looks like it could be a mental issue.

CP3 and kidd also had other offensive options like attacking the rim and jumpers within the stripe ... quick jacking only 3 pt shots
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

don't like his passive game since IT came over.

its your freaking team, run it and be aggressive to get yours.

enough off passing to the midget
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Broke jumper Lonzo smh, you need to work with Shaq in the off-season to get a better shot
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

I get headaches watching him trying to score.

Is he the worst scoring PG ever with the number of shots he takes?

How about, worst scoring player ever?
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

If he took zero shots the team would be better. And that sucks
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

RichD wrote:

Exactly! Those 3 airballs against Utah and all those terrible shots he takes when he does get minutes, and the times he gets lost on D..Oh wait! I thought this was the Kobe rookie thread.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
RichD wrote:

Exactly! Those 3 airballs against Utah and all those terrible shots he takes when he does get minutes, and the times he gets lost on D..Oh wait! I thought this was the Kobe rookie thread.

Exactly what I thought. I give the kid to 22 before determining what he is.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
OCWA wrote:
RichD wrote:

Exactly what I thought. I give the kid to 22 before determining what he is.

Never said. The next 2 years. Just said this team now. He needs to not shoot. Kobe had a bad game. Lonzo had a bad shooting season
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Zo is going through a bad stretch. Similar to how he was playing in the beginning of the season. He will bounce back.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Zo is going through a bad stretch. Similar to how he was playing in the beginning of the season. He will bounce back.

Or he doesn't and we have the worst scoring PG ever. But hey at least he'll be the Tony Allen of point guards.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

He will bounce back.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject:

This offseason should be good for him. It'll give him the opportunity to develop more of a repertoire offensively outside of settling for threes. He also needs extensive film work on figuring out when to pass vs when to shoot. His free throw shooting needs to improve, though. He'd probably look for his own shot more when he gets to the rim if he was a better free throw shooter. He's way ahead of the curve in virtually every area outside of a couple of things on offense. His future is so bright.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Or he doesn't and we have the worst scoring PG ever. But hey at least he'll be the Tony Allen of point guards.

LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
The Grind wrote:

Ingram looked just as bad last year. All hope is not lost.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:

Bad stretch? He's historically bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 931, 932, 933 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 932 of 1688
Jump to: