OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 942, 943, 944 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

This thread has dissolved into a dumpster fire, primarily because of the people trashing him.

'I question his desire to be great.'

^Why? Because he's been in a funk the last several games?

That's an epic failure of basic logic.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject:

^^^^fwiw, my comments were not even meant to be negative about him....I just disagreed with Stu's assertion that he has not shot enough free throws this season to suggest he is currently a poor free throw shooter.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^^fwiw, my comments were not even meant to be negative about him....I just disagreed with Stu's assertion that he has not shot enough free throws this season to suggest he is currently a poor free throw shooter.

Didn't have you in mind when I posted that.

Also, that's a statement I can agree with.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Get a triple-double on Thursday night and all will be forgiven.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Looks like my pre-draft criticisms of his game were all true and then some. Luckily his defense came out of nowhere otherwise imagine the disaster of a season he would be having impact-wise.

Defense is half the game. You were dead wrong about that half. Even if you have convinced yourself you were right about his offensive game, you were way off. Almost as far off as your Fultz predictions.

The chest beating is so weird. He's been as advertised in pretty much every area, with the exception of his defense, which has been way better than anticipated. He's been bad as a scorer. Was that...unexpected? Here are how the other Top 10 PGs in his draft class have shot.

De'Aaron Fox.......48.6 TS%
Dennis Smith, Jr...46.9 TS%
Lonzo Ball............44.4 TS%
Frank Ntilikina......43.5 TS%
Markelle Fultz.......37.2 TS% (4 games, completely forgot how to shoot a basketball)

So I guess they're all busts?

People do this with PGs every year and never learn. Lonzo's gonna leave his rookie year as one of the best passing, rebounding, and defending guards in the NBA. So dumb.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Going through 2 years of DLO prepared me for the inevitable backlash by some re: Lonzo.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

That’s basically true because his lack of aggression to penetrate....
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Finishing and FTs is all I care about for next year. The 3 pointer will be streaky but he is reasonably comfortable there.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Get a triple-double on Thursday night and all will be forgiven.

i’d settle for an efficient 15 pts with balance of 3ptrs, inside shots, floaters or layups/dunks
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Past few pages have been typical of the ‘what have you done for me lately’ view of the world. Was done to Randle, DLO, Ingram, and now Ball. In all instances, sheer foolishness as these things take time and all you want to see at this point are flashes of what they will become. I for one am extremely stoked.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Past few pages have been typical of the ‘what have you done for me lately’ view of the world. Was done to Randle, DLO, Ingram, and now Ball. In all instances, sheer foolishness as these things take time and all you want to see at this point are flashes of what they will become. I for one am extremely stoked.

Randle, Dlo nor Ingram were this inefficient on offense, this is historically bad.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject:

people can reach their own conclusions on how successful Ball's season has been, or how good he can become later in his career.....but I am confident if LG was told that Lonzo would have a 10/7/7 season on 36% shooting & 31% from 3........95% of LG would have been disappointed.

Is it fair to claim that makes it a disappointing season? Probably not, but it's fair to claim expectations built on hype were unreasonable.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Going through 2 years of DLO prepared me for the inevitable backlash by some re: Lonzo.

DLo was unathletic and slow AF. He’s very skilled but the ceiling is just low. Not to mention is lack of work ethic and his gimpy knee. So no matter what kinda historical stat people are clamoring here to prove their point . Meh, just another good player.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
people can reach their own conclusions on how successful Ball's season has been, or how good he can become later in his career.....but I am confident if LG was told that Lonzo would have a 10/7/7 season on 36% shooting & 31% from 3........95% of LG would have been disappointed.

Is it fair to claim that makes it a disappointing season? Probably not, but it's fair to claim expectations built on hype were unreasonable.

Lonzo is gonna be top 5 for rookies in rebounds, assists, and blocks. He's shown more than enough offensive flashes to show he can score in the NBA. It's really just a matter of him getting stronger and getting more confident. This is a kid who has a very good chance of averaging a triple double in his prime.
Lakers4Life33
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:

Agreed. Still wouldn’t trade Lonzo for anyone in the league.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Daphanabe wrote:

Randle, Dlo nor Ingram were this inefficient on offense, this is historically bad.

Ingram was pretty bad. 47.4% TS. -3.1 OBPM. 8.5 PER
Lonzo 44.4% TS. -1.0 OBPM. 12.5 PER

Even though his shooting sucks, he is still better offensively.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Does that include knowledge of him being one of the best defensive guards in the league and a +1.03 RPM/+1.5 BPM guy overall? Because I would've definitely signed up for that.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Yes if his defense was going to be atrocious like I anticipated . But offensively, I thought he would be better but not much. I expected Zo to struggle early and will pick up and it did. The reason I ain’t disappointed was I can see a lot flashes on how he’s going to be that player and more importantly, how he was way better defensively.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Injuries can throw a whole team off. Specially a young team. I attribute some of Lonzo’s Struggles to not having Ingram and Hart on the court and also not having a reliable bench to back him up.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

DLo was unathletic and slow AF. He’s very skilled but the ceiling is just low. Not to mention is lack of work ethic and his gimpy knee. So no matter what kinda historical stat people are clamoring here to prove their point . Meh, just another good player.

Nah you’re missing the point. It’s difficult for 19-20 year old PGs to flourish as rookies.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nah you’re missing the point. It’s difficult for 19-20 year old PGs to flourish as rookies.

I get that part but DLo 2 years is not what you call flourishing either. He has his moments but nothing like what can Lonzo bring to the table.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I get that part but DLo 2 years is not what you call flourishing either. He has his moments but nothing like what can Lonzo bring to the table.

So why are you disagreeing with the underlying assertion then?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Because DLo has no impact,
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Because his name causes some folks to see red, for whatever reason.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:49 pm    Post subject:

I'm really dumbfounded that no one answered my question so I'll just ask it again, are we better off starting Ennis?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 942, 943, 944 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 943 of 1688
Jump to: