OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 958, 959, 960 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tofulakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

At least Kevin Martin shot it from a straight angle from his right hip.

Lonzo shoots from his left hip and needs to spin the ball from left to right. He should've changed his form by 8th grade.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
If we can get lebron and PG, would u guys attach lonzo to Deng to get back nothing?

That doesn’t make any sense, we’re going after Lebron and PG mainly because we’ve got Lonzo

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:01 pm    Post subject:

His floor is Ricky Rubio. His ceiling is a better Jason Kidd
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
If we can get lebron and PG, would u guys attach lonzo to Deng to get back nothing?

That doesn’t make any sense, we’re going after Lebron and PG mainly because we’ve got Lonzo

And BI/Jules/Hart/Kuz, etc.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

tofulakers wrote:
At least Kevin Martin shot it from a straight angle from his right hip.

Lonzo shoots from his left hip and needs to spin the ball from left to right. He should've changed his form by 8th grade.

Ironically, his form was better in 8-10th grade than it was from 11th grade - present. Go watch his early HS highlights, his form is almost normal.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Will Lonzo eventually be as good or better than Jason Kidd a future HOF?

Taking bets now!

- Yes

- No

Bookmark this question in 10 years

No
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

On a more positive note:

Quote:
Joey Ramirez [ at ] JoeyARamirez

Lonzo Ball leads the league in both steals (2.6) and deflections (4.3) for the month of March.

Constantly jumping passing lanes, sneaking up for inbounds passes and general free safety-like ballhawking.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Should folks be reminded about Fultz?

Lonzo has a lot of work to do but he’all get there.

Agreed.

How many people said that BI was historically bad last season and that his shot was broken. Hint, it was a lot of people.

Both BI and Lonzo shot it well in college, over 40% from 3. Both struggled in their rookie seasons. I am thinking that with more experience and practice that Zo will bounce back just like BI did.

Cheers!

Difference is, Ingram actually has a good form.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
On a more positive note:

Quote:
Joey Ramirez _at_ JoeyARamirez

Lonzo Ball leads the league in both steals (2.6) and deflections (4.3) for the month of March.

Constantly jumping passing lanes, sneaking up for inbounds passes and general free safety-like ballhawking.

Him and PG would be fun together...
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed.

How many people said that BI was historically bad last season and that his shot was broken. Hint, it was a lot of people.

Both BI and Lonzo shot it well in college, over 40% from 3. Both struggled in their rookie seasons. I am thinking that with more experience and practice that Zo will bounce back just like BI did.

Cheers!

Go back and read how many people trashed BI's form last season, even had the tall hair arguments in there- well he actually did change his form in the offseason.

Agreed that Lonzo's form is Fugly, but he shot over 40% in college so it can go in like that. Considering shooting was one of his strengths in college I am confident he will straighten out his shooting issues- pun intended.

Right now he is tight. He has lost his confidence, happens to young players. I am 100% confident he will turn things around in that regard.

It is kinda amazing that the things that were knocks against him coming out of college, namely his athleticism and D are now proving to be his strengths.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed.

Cheers!

Go back and read how many people trashed BI's form last season, even had the tall hair arguments in there- well he actually did change his form in the offseason.

Agreed that Lonzo's form is Fugly, but he shot over 40% in college so it can go in like that. Considering shooting was one of his strengths in college I am confident he will straighten out his shooting issues- pun intended.

Right now he is tight. He has lost his confidence, happens to young players. I am 100% confident he will turn things around in that regard.

It is kinda amazing that the things that were knocks against him coming out of college, namely his athleticism and D are now proving to be his strengths.

I disagree. He will never be a good consistent shooter with that form. His lowsy shooting in practice proves that if you ask me. Him and Thomas shooting in practice...Lonzo can’t even make half of them with no one on him in an empty gym. The form has to change or he will always be a bad shooter who can be a little streaky.

Last edited by BizLA on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't the reason that people wanted him to change his shot is because he couldn't get it off? I don't know how changing his shot does anything. He's already wide open.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Wasn't the reason that people wanted him to change his shot is because he couldn't get it off? I don't know how changing his shot does anything. He's already wide open.

His shot is too wild. Shooting is a thing of repetition. If you ask me Lonzo cannot control his shot because it’s not a jumpshot it’s more of a fling and a prayer.

Not only is his release ugly but also his base is no good. Watch Steph Curry shoot hundreds of shots in practice and you’ll see what I mean. There’s no repetition in Lonzo’s form.. you can even watch Isaiah Thomas and see the difference...those guys consistently shoot the same way because they have complete control over their form from top to bottom. Lonzo has no control of that fling shot.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed.

Cheers!

I disagree. He will never be a good consistent shooter with that form. His lowsy shooting in practice proves that if you ask me. Him and Thomas shooting in practice...Lonzo can’t even make half of them with no one on him in an empty gym. The form has to change or he will always be a bad shooter who can be a little streaky.

This argument is so

You see one practice video where his shot was off and that sufficiently proves his shot is ALWAYS off in practice? You should try thinking in a straight line sometimes. It's fun.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed.

Cheers!

This argument is so

You see one practice video where his shot was off and that sufficiently proves his shot is ALWAYS off in practice? You should try thinking in a straight line sometimes. It's fun.

Theres been a few practice videos where he can’t hit on half of his open shots + I’ve seen him shooting bricks during many shoot arounds before games and at halftime during times I’ve streamed the games online. This is proof of a bad shooter.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Combine that with the fact that his shot has been off in many more games this season than it’s been on...he’s definitely not a good 3pt shooter, which also backs up my “puke argument” about him not being a consistent shooter in empty gyms either. The guy is wide open in practice, in shoot arounds, in game and he’s still a bad shooter. Such a puke argument, I know.

I do understand it’s hard to tell Lonzo supporters anything.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

His shot is too wild. Shooting is a thing of repetition. If you ask me Lonzo cannot control his shot because it’s not a jumpshot it’s more of a fling and a prayer.

Not only is his release ugly but also his base is no good. Watch Steph Curry shoot hundreds of shots in practice and you’ll see what I mean. There’s no repetition in Lonzo’s form.. you can even watch Isaiah Thomas and see the difference...those guys consistently shoot the same way because they have complete control over their form from top to bottom. Lonzo has no control of that fling shot.

The argument before the season was he couldn't get it off. He has been missing wide open threes. I mean, there's nothing wrong with D.Wade's form, and he's a below average three point shooter . Maybe that's Lonzo.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:

The argument before the season was he couldn't get it off. He has been missing wide open threes. I mean, there's nothing wrong with D.Wade's form, and he's a below average three point shooter . Maybe that's Lonzo.

Maybe a better form wouldn’t make him a better shooter. Definitely a possibility but if I’m Magic I’m forcing him to show me it won’t work.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Good shooters don't miss the way he does. When you hit left side rim, back rim, front rim, right side rim consecutively... you're just flinging it.

Anyone trying to defend it is just wearing BBB colored glasses.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Good shooters don't miss the way he does. When you hit left side rim, back rim, front rim, right side rim consecutively... you're just flinging it.

Are said glasses on sale?
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

We should use him to move Deng. He’s not an attack the basket type of player. No jumpshot, weak first step, poor iso moves, and average athleticism
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

Are said glasses on sale?

Lol. Not that I know of. But no doubt they WILL BE soon. Swap meet quality at Gucci pricing, no doubt.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Let’s not forget hitting the side of the backboard wide open in the corner..
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

BizLA wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
BizLA wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agreed.

Cheers!

Were the season tickets to practice expensive?
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
We should use him to move Deng. He’s not an attack the basket type of player. No jumpshot, weak first step, poor iso moves, and average athleticism

I think his athleticism is above average he just doesn’t really know how to use it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 958, 959, 960 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 959 of 1688
Jump to: