OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1052, 1053, 1054 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Quote:
cyberx said: ↑
I keep hearing more and more about Lillard to LA. I still see it at less than 50% than happening, but im hearing more BUZZ....

Deng, Lonzo, Kuzma, 1st, 2nd, Cash.

Possibly a Zubac?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/2-0-cyberex-paging-cyberex.272647/page-68#post-11825758

I wouldn't want to give up that much for Lillard. I think Lonzo will surpass him in a few years.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

I don't believe cyberx. It feels like he just guesses and gets lucky once in a while like the Ryan Anderson thing. A random "insider" wouldn't have this much access to the workings of every team in the league.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject:

anything related to Lavar Ball, create a thread in general forum and knock him to death there.

please keep this thread about Lonzo ball, not lava ball

Thanks
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
Quote:
cyberx said: ↑
I keep hearing more and more about Lillard to LA. I still see it at less than 50% than happening, but im hearing more BUZZ....

Deng, Lonzo, Kuzma, 1st, 2nd, Cash.

Possibly a Zubac?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/2-0-cyberex-paging-cyberex.272647/page-68#post-11825758

I really don't buy the idea because Portland wouldn't be taking back Deng's salary even if they love Ball and Kuzma. I bet they could get Dennis Smith, Jr. and the #5 pick from Dallas and take back at most Wes Matthews' 2019 expiring ($18M).
tofulakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

There's no way Magic is still cool with all this extracurricular non-sense. Magic seems (or seemed) like a no-non-sense kind of guy, but he took the gamble. And, the gamble is not working out. Hope he mans up and makes the right business decision.

As a die-hard Laker fan, this drama is tiring. I want to feel proud about the Lakers again. On top of that all the distractions that have come up.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

One other way to look at it...

Why tell Lonzo to slow the roasting if he wasnt going to stay a laker? Why would it bother the FA talks? Magic simply has to tell LeBron he'd trade Lonzo if that were true.

But I want the Lakers to keep Zo, cuz I actually think he's going to have greater impact than the other youngns. Oh well. Oh wait, did magic do that to not lower Lonzo's trade value? Haha.

We'll see in 2 weeks.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:46 am    Post subject:

Lonzo + Kuzma for Lillard? Pass on that.

Not really for the New York Knicks/Nets motif of trading away all your depth for a 2 year run you'll lose, and then be left with nothing at the end of and thus back in the tank for another 4-5 seasons.

If Portland wanted to get rid of Lillard, they could easily go ask Cleveland for Kevin Love + Cleveland's 8th pick and an additional piece.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:12 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
One other way to look at it...

Why tell Lonzo to slow the roasting if he wasnt going to stay a laker? Why would it bother the FA talks? Magic simply has to tell LeBron he'd trade Lonzo if that were true.

1 - So it wouldn't lower his trade stock
2 - It definitely bothers if you're a veteran star looking for a team ready to compete (LeBron) and you see one of the main pieces is acting childish. Just think about the Kobe/Dwight realtionship and you'll get it.

I'm not saying it is the case or that Lonzo's getting traded, I'm just showing you asking him to tone it down doesn't necessarily means he's staying.
christopherorman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

I think everyone -- including the media -- is going overboard on all of this. I think in other threads, I mentioned statistically what makes Ball special. If he develops any semblance of an offensive game, I personally believe he is the best player from this last draft class and I don't think it will be close. Yes, it is hard to project if that will happen, and yes it would be better if there were better early returns because god knows we live in a society now where it isn't about the journey but getting to the acme as fast as possible. But I think the stats already show that in his rookie year he had an astonishing DBPM, DRPM, and a positive RPM and BPM. That's special. That doesn't happen. I'm willing to wager there may not be a single player in this current draft who will have those kinds of positive numbers; with this last draft having 3.

[As an aside, if Ball went to the Spurs with their shooting coaches and development, I think there would be major, and I mean major, heartache in future seasons and tons of "told you sos..."]

But my comment is more about how I think media has changed and perceptions of players has changed. I also think it shows that FOs, luckily, are the ones making these decisions and not fans; especially if said fans are more motivated by being "proven right" about their beliefs about a certain player. Looking back, think about things players have done: (1) Jordan's gambling, resulting (it seems at least by inference) in his father getting killed; (2) Barkley, gambling, drinking, you name it; (3) Wilt setting bedroom records; (4) Magic, with many women; (5) Delonte West and that bizarreness; (6) Draymond Green's bar assault and multiple moments of stupidity (I'd trade him for his flat earth beliefs, personally!...I'm joking); and (6) Steve Francis and his issues.

I could go on. These people are humans. They aren't perfect. Heck, if you do some research, you'll find what I think is some disconcerting behavior about Tatum; everyone's golden child. And do you think Tatum is on the block for what TMZ is reporting? Probably not.

What we are talking about here are two young guys, ribbing each other, and being goofballs. Nothing more. They are humans. I can say I'd be better with that kind of stuff than all of what is listed above and that includes Tatum.

As for Lavar, don't listen. It's that simple. He has a brand to sell. It isn't selling. He's looking for soundbites and ways to sell his brand; and that means getting his other kid drafted. I don't seem to remember anyone going nuts about Lebron's mom and her outrageous statements and antics (or the whole seen around him) during his first few seasons. I think performance and results usually will end most of this in time and Lavar will fade away (and if you haven't noticed, he somewhat has).

Now, whether or not the FO believes Ball is better for this team in the long run versus Leonard, et al is a basketball decision. But I don't see the team flipping him based on this roasting stuff or his dad.

I'll conclude by wishing all the dad's out there -- ironic and I know a funky segue -- a happy father's day. Best wishes to you all for what you do for your children and your families.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

I wish Lavar would shut his trap, but I don't think he's capable of it. He's hurting his own kids with his rhetoric.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

Expect to hear a lot of crazy stuff surrounding or linking back to the Lakers. In addition to it being the relative norm of every off season, the FO is probably leaking their own fair share of false information too.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
I wish Lavar would shut his trap, but I don't think he's capable of it. He's hurting his own kids with his rhetoric.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I find most of his ramblings to be essentially white noise at this point. I'd have to imagine that his kids have adopted at least a portion of that by now. I get the feeling that Zo has.
gsrbruin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

Rumor on 710 this morning is Lillard for zo, BI, Deng and a pick
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject:

gsrbruin wrote:
terrible rumor.

You can keep lillard. I like Dame a lot but dame plays zero defense and he's said it in the past that he and cj have been questionable at best on defense. the reason they looked better this time around is because of their big man.

You have to understand lillard's best defense is his offense. but what happens when he no longer has the super green light of a person with only 2 scorers on the team and on a team that isnt going to get killed in the media every game they lose like what would happen if he became laker along with pg13 and/or bron.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:12 am    Post subject:

gsrbruin wrote:

too much to give up at that point
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

gsrbruin wrote:

That's probably the Blazers front office throwing this around to see if we bite

I love Lillard, but a terrible deal. That package gets us Kawhi.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
gsrbruin wrote:
terrible rumor.

You can keep lillard. I like Dame a lot but dame plays zero defense and he's said it in the past that he and cj have been questionable at best on defense. the reason they looked better this time around is because of their big man.

You have to understand lillard's best defense is his offense. but what happens when he no longer has the super green light of a person with only 2 scorers on the team and on a team that isnt going to get killed in the media every game they lose like what would happen if he became laker along with pg13 and/or bron.

I don't agree that it's too much to give. You have to remember we're getting back one of the elite players in the NBA, and asking them to take on an absolute albatross of a contract in a completely washed up Luol Deng. That's got to be worth something on Portland's end.

If that trade, or a similar trade happens, it's because LeBron and PG13 are guaranteed to be coming. That's the only reason you gut the team to acquire Lillard.

If that's the case, as one Kobe Bean Bryant once said, SHIP THEIR AZZ OUT.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
gsrbruin wrote:
terrible rumor.

I don't agree that it's too much to give. You have to remember we're getting back one of the elite players in the NBA, and asking them to take on an absolute albatross of a contract in a completely washed up Luol Deng. That's got to be worth something on Portland's end.

If that trade, or a similar trade happens, it's because LeBron and PG13 are guaranteed to be coming. That's the only reason you gut the team to acquire Lillard.

I definitely don’t consider Lillard one of the elite players in the NBA. That is way too much even with Deng.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
gsrbruin wrote:

That's probably the Blazers front office throwing this around to see if we bite

I love Lillard, but a terrible deal. That package gets us Kawhi.

Yep, to much IMO as well. Even if I am and continue to be on the
fence with Lonzo.

Just another nugget I remember from the past, Kobe was a big on
Lillard. and of he's at all speaking with Magic,he could say go for it
and please get rid of those kids who are more focused on playing
around. We all know Kobe was all business. Just a nugget and probably
not worth more than that.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Username wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
gsrbruin wrote:
terrible rumor.

I definitely don’t consider Lillard one of the elite players in the NBA. That is way too much even with Deng.

One of the reasons I'm excited about the potential of adding LeBron and Paul George to our current core is just the ridiculous defense we'd have. The length and switchability would be insane -- just think, our starting line-up would be 6-6 with a 6-10 wingspan, 6-9 with a 7-3 wingspan, 6-9 with a 7-4 wingspan, 6-8 with a 7-1 wingspan, and 6-9 with a 7-0 wingspan. That's exactly the type of team that could defend GSW and Houston. You'd have 4 players that could legitimately switch 1-5, and another in Lonzo who can comfortably switch 1-3.

Getting Lillard and trading Lonzo and Ingram kind of negates that potential.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

gsrbruin wrote:

We better be getting Lillard + CJ or no deal
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

Wonder what LaVar is thinking, keeps talking about letting Lonzo walk from the Lakers, now Lonzo might just be part of a Kawhi package.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

It come down to: Lebron, who do you want to stay on the Lakers? BI or Lonzo?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

A lovely article on Lonzo's mom, Tina's, path to recovery: WaPo($)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject:

Good news to everyone in this thread if what Romona said is true that SAS don't want Lonzo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1052, 1053, 1054 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1053 of 1688
Jump to: