OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1059, 1060, 1061 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
lol wow. I'd really hope the Lakers wouldn't be stupid enough to giftwrap a back court of Lonzo and Booker, along with Josh Jackson and Deandre Ayton as part of that core, JUST to rid of Deng's contract X_X

I was never a fan of the 2 max plan, precisely for these reasons. I doubt we do it, but, when you acquire LBJ and another star, everything is on the table.
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Why do the lakers need to move deng? Can’t they just extend and stretch and keep ball for something better?
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject:

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:
Why do the lakers need to move deng? Can’t they just extend and stretch and keep ball for something better?

if we sign PG and LeBron and wanna keep Randle, we need to trade Deng's contract, per Larry Coon.

Can't stretch him and keep Randle if we give PG and LeBron max deals.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Of course Phoenix would do it. It would be dumb not to. They are not signing FAs so taking on Deng doesn't matter. Basically get a transcendent PG for free.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

A lot of us believe that the extend and stretch strategy would not work as it may be a blatant circumvention of the CBA and Silver will veto it.

I would be very hesistant to use BI or Lonzo to move Deng but I would not be opposed to it if we got the right deal.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

chantruong wrote:
Mitch better hook us up with Kemba and the 11th pick if they want Ball
What would you offer Charlotte for that?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Mozgov cost us Dlo

Deng may cost us Zo

No, it won't. For one thing, the Lakers value Lonzo so much more than they valued Russell (which they should). Secondly, these weird trade ideas involving Lonzo are directly related to Haynes’ speculation and ESPN's misrepresentation of what he said. The Lakers will probably get a flurry of calls about him from various teams leading up to the draft, all because of that comment by Haynes. The diss track certainly didn't help matters either, but either way it goes, the FO is not going to use him as a sweetener just to dump Deng. He's way too valuable for that. Same goes for BI, Kuz, and even Hart IMO. I'd much rather attach the two firsts to Deng. And if that can't get it done, stretch him.

Last edited by Judah on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

A lot of us believe that the extend and stretch strategy would not work as it may be a blatant circumvention of the CBA and Silver will veto it.

I would be very hesistant to use BI or Lonzo to move Deng but I would not be opposed to it if we got the right deal.

i haven't heard that.

don't think the nba can stop it since it's perfectly legal under the cba.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Mitch better hook us up with Kemba and the 11th pick if they want Ball
What would you offer Charlotte for that?

Lonzo
Deng

For

Kemba
11th pick
Monk or Kaminsky
Bums to make salary work

Yes it would be a highway robbery but Mitch owes us
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
chantruong wrote:
1hu2ren3dui4 wrote:

i haven't heard that.

don't think the nba can stop it since it's perfectly legal under the cba.
What ever the case may be, its not likely, so lets just leave it at that.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Screw phoenix.

I am okay with trading one of our young players if it's for an all star, but not if it's for a salary dump.

Phoenix is not getting ball
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Giving up Lonzo just to get rid of Deng would be stupid as hell.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

If LBJ is coming (and possibly PG13 too) then the rational in trading Deng and Lonzo, would be to keep Randle, and not have to give away our first round picks, which might be nice to have if we have to retool the roster with cheap younger players, while we ride the new "superteam."

To me, if Deng HAS to be dealt (not stretched), would you rather have Lonzo (and his Dad) or the 2 first round picks.

For the record, I like Lonzo, he has a lot of skills for a first year player, other than shooting - which seems to be a Laker fetish, lottery draft picks who cant shoot the first couple of years. Although DLO and Kuzma are the exceptions. Probably this upcoming year BI will move out of the "cant shoot" catergory.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
If LBJ is coming (and possibly PG13 too) then the rational in trading Deng and Lonzo, would be to keep Randle, and not have to give away our first round picks, which might be nice to have if we have to retool the roster with cheap younger players, while we ride the new "superteam."

To me, if Deng HAS to be dealt (not stretched), would you rather have Lonzo (and his Dad) or the 2 first round picks.

For the record, I like Lonzo, he has a lot of skills for a first year player, other than shooting - which seems to be a Laker fetish, lottery draft picks who cant shoot the first couple of years. Although DLO and Kuzma are the exceptions. Probably this upcoming year BI will move out of the "cant shoot" catergory.

Lonzo because if LeBron and PG come here, those picks would be in 20's (hopefully #30)
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

The 2 first round picks will be at the end of the 1st round because we'll be one of if not the top NBA team. Much rather have #2 pick Lonzo than 2 of the 28, 29 or 30th picks.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

To many people in this thread are so blinded by Lonzo's jumper and think he sucks. They just don't understand how good Lonzo was this season.

Shooting isn't everything.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Bro I would be irate if we give Lonzo to Phoenix
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball was one of the best defensive guards in the league his rookie year; Let's talk about it
Lonzo Ball’s lockdown defense saved his rookie season; Lonzo Ball was one of the best defensive guards in the NBA this season and we need to talk about it.

Using ESPN’s defensive real plus-minus, Ball finished the season ranked No. 3 overall among point guards with a positive score of plus-2.25, ahead of acclaimed defensive stalwarts like Jrue Holiday, Ricky Rubio and Marcus Smart. Granted, Ball played in only 52 games this season, but when he was on the floor he showed all the ways he could impact a game on the defensive end.

Ball finished his rookie season with averages of 10.2 points, 6.9 rebounds, 7.2 assists and 1.7 steals per game. According to basketball-reference.com, only three rookies in NBA history have averaged at least 5 assists, 5 defensive rebounds, and 1.5 steals per game: Ball, Ben Simmons and Magic Johnson.

While Ball and Simmons are just getting their NBA careers started, they could do worse than being historically tied to arguably the greatest point guard to ever lace them up.

However, unlike Ball and Simmons, Ball was not physically imposing his rookie season. Even though he has nice length for the point guard position (6-6 with a 6-9 wingspan), no one was going to struggle to push through Ball’s 190-lb. frame and he found that out right away.

So instead of trying to bang bodies with guys that were much more physically mature than him at this stage of his career, Ball used every inch of his lanky frame to his advantage and made life hard on opposing guards, bigs, and sometimes both.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/4/17/17236218/la-lakers-news-lonzo-ball-all-nba-defense-in-rookie-season
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

stop saying lonzo and his dad. lavar doesnt play in the nba. there is no real basketball mind thats trying to win a ring even remotely caring about lavar. only you guys do. he has nothing to do with how the team plays and who they pick or play.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

This is the dumbest speculation so far this off-season
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Lonzo Ball was one of the best defensive guards in the league his rookie year; Let's talk about it
Lonzo Ball’s lockdown defense saved his rookie season; Lonzo Ball was one of the best defensive guards in the NBA this season and we need to talk about it.

Using ESPN’s defensive real plus-minus, Ball finished the season ranked No. 3 overall among point guards with a positive score of plus-2.25, ahead of acclaimed defensive stalwarts like Jrue Holiday, Ricky Rubio and Marcus Smart. Granted, Ball played in only 52 games this season, but when he was on the floor he showed all the ways he could impact a game on the defensive end.

Ball finished his rookie season with averages of 10.2 points, 6.9 rebounds, 7.2 assists and 1.7 steals per game. According to basketball-reference.com, only three rookies in NBA history have averaged at least 5 assists, 5 defensive rebounds, and 1.5 steals per game: Ball, Ben Simmons and Magic Johnson.

While Ball and Simmons are just getting their NBA careers started, they could do worse than being historically tied to arguably the greatest point guard to ever lace them up.

However, unlike Ball and Simmons, Ball was not physically imposing his rookie season. Even though he has nice length for the point guard position (6-6 with a 6-9 wingspan), no one was going to struggle to push through Ball’s 190-lb. frame and he found that out right away.

So instead of trying to bang bodies with guys that were much more physically mature than him at this stage of his career, Ball used every inch of his lanky frame to his advantage and made life hard on opposing guards, bigs, and sometimes both.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/4/17/17236218/la-lakers-news-lonzo-ball-all-nba-defense-in-rookie-season

He was also the worst offensive guard in the NBA, a positive plus a negative equal a negative #quickmaths
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

very kidd-like. if he can shoot as well as a young kidd (who was a bad shooter) that would be better than what he is now
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

Lonzo easily
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Remember the pop interview after Lavar said Luke lost the team?
Ironic that it may have saved Lonzo from being traded there.
Like some have said, it'll probably take a 3rd team.

But hopefully he stays, improves his shot and opens eyes.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

It's pretty unbelievable - His dad is looking like a genius. Because of the circus he created, no one will take/trade for his son.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1059, 1060, 1061 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1060 of 1688
Jump to: