OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1066, 1067, 1068 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Nation (@LakersNation) Tweeted:
Per Pelinka, Lonzo "designed his own workout program."

Also, Lonzo approached Magic about watching film together. They do so once a week. https://twitter.com/LakersNation/status/1010011089680023552?s=17
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lakers Nation (@LakersNation) Tweeted:
Per Pelinka, Lonzo "designed his own workout program."

Also, Lonzo approached Magic about watching film together. They do so once a week. https://twitter.com/LakersNation/status/1010011089680023552?s=17
''
Great signs of maturity. Loved hearing this last bit in Rob's presser.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter
4m4 minutes ago
More
Walton and Pelinka both mentioned how excited they are about how much work the young players are putting in. Walton cited how much stronger Kuzma, Ball and Hart have gotten since the end of the season.

Hart is going to come in looking like Bibby if he gets any stronger.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Zo to Mo for 3!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

In the middle of “the biggest summer” of his life, Lonzo Ball has been hitting the film room with Magic Johnson. Rob Pelinka says Ball designed his offseason plan of how he wanted to improve this summer and requested film sessions with Magic.

I like the sound of that.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

In the middle of “the biggest summer” of his life, Lonzo Ball has been hitting the film room with Magic Johnson. Rob Pelinka says Ball designed his offseason plan of how he wanted to improve this summer and requested film sessions with Magic.

Everybody is about to love Lonzo again lol

but like you, I love that he's doing that. You got Kuzma talking to Kobe and Lonzo talking to Magic. BI, who you got?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

but like you, I love that he's doing that. You got Kuzma talking to Kobe and Lonzo talking to Magic. BI, who you got?

Stackhouse
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

I see Zos apg up to 10 with PG13 and these shooters they drafted. Just gotta stay healthy
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
I see Zos apg up to 10 with PG13 and these shooters they drafted

Wow. I'd be impressed by that.
Especially with LeBron handling in the half court
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is gonna love Wagner. Hand, meet glove.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
I see Zos apg up to 10 with PG13 and these shooters they drafted

Wow. I'd be impressed by that.
Especially with LeBron handling in the half court

I get the feeling Lebron wants to rest more. Hes into shooting 3s instead of bully ball or play make to save his legs
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

Stackhouse

BI's essentially locked in a basketball laboratory and cycling through multiple reputable training groups. He'll be just fine
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

Stackhouse

BI's essentially locked in a basketball laboratory and cycling through multiple reputable training groups. He'll be just fine

Same guy that helped Dipo with his MIP award is working with BI, also there's a tweet in the BI thread which mentions him having a personal chef

so dude's not only working his ass off, he got his diet in check too
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
epak wrote:
2019 wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

Stackhouse

Same guy that helped Dipo with his MIP award is working with BI, also there's a tweet in the BI thread which mentions him having a personal chef

I'm pretty sure my friend and I were just joking.
We know BI has been working it.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Ohm Youngmisuk
@NotoriousOHM

One of the things Magic told Zo in the exit meeting is that he needs to improve as a scorer in order to become a better distributor. Even for a pass-first guard, Zo was way too passive. I'm glad he's going to watch film with the greatest to ever do it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Ramona Shelburne @ramonashelburne

Lakers officially informed LiAngelo Ball he will not be on their Summer League team last night. They were determined to make this a basketball decision but as one source put it, “obviously there'’s more to it than basketball.” In other words— the LaVar effect was real.

Hopefully LiAngelo can get on someone else's summer league team so Lavar's distractions can at least be split in half. And Lonzo can just ball.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject:

Thanks Ryan!

Quote:
@RyanWardLA

Rob Pelinka on Lonzo:"I've really seen Lonzo emerge as a young man this offseason. He'll come up to the office & come in & sit down to have a direct convo about his goals & what he wants to do, the trainers he wants to work w/, the things in his game he wants to work on." #Lakers

Rob Pelinka on Lonzo Ball & young core: That's probably one of the things Magic, Luke & I are really proud of right now. Is how the guys have grown into men & making wise choices w/ how they want to be great." #Lakers

Rob Pelinka on Lonzo Ball: "He really designed his own workout plan this summer. It wasn't, 'Hey Lonzo, we need you to do X, Y and Z.' He came to us & said, 'I'd really like to do this. What do you guys think?'" #Lakers

Rob Pelinka on Lonzo Ball: "And he came to Magic & said, 'I'd like to start watching film with you once a week. Just to learn.' So Magic, myself and Lonzo have been in our film room once a week for an hour, doing sessions." #Lakers
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Zo to Mo for 3!

I like it. THE ZOMO effect.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Thanks Ryan!

Quote:
@RyanWardLA

Rob Pelinka on Lonzo:"I've really seen Lonzo emerge as a young man this offseason. He'll come up to the office & come in & sit down to have a direct convo about his goals & what he wants to do, the trainers he wants to work w/, the things in his game he wants to work on." #Lakers

Rob Pelinka on Lonzo Ball & young core: That's probably one of the things Magic, Luke & I are really proud of right now. Is how the guys have grown into men & making wise choices w/ how they want to be great." #Lakers

Rob Pelinka on Lonzo Ball: "He really designed his own workout plan this summer. It wasn't, 'Hey Lonzo, we need you to do X, Y and Z.' He came to us & said, 'I'd really like to do this. What do you guys think?'" #Lakers

Rob Pelinka on Lonzo Ball: "And he came to Magic & said, 'I'd like to start watching film with you once a week. Just to learn.' So Magic, myself and Lonzo have been in our film room once a week for an hour, doing sessions." #Lakers

Just want I wanted to hear. Getting his priorities straight, good job Zo.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

Lakers officially informed LiAngelo Ball he will not be on their Summer League team last night. They were determined to make this a basketball decision but as one source put it, “obviously there'’s more to it than basketball.” In other words— the LaVar effect was real.

Hopefully LiAngelo can get on someone else's summer league team so Lavar's distractions can at least be split in half. And Lonzo can just ball.

LiAngelo isn't talented enough to really make anyone's G-league team this year, so I don't know why any team would put him on their summer league team. Some team might sign him for summer league just for the hits it'll generate, but it won't be because LiAngelo is skilled.
If LiAngelo wants to make it in pro bball, he needs to go to Europe (without his big mouth distraction of a father) and learn how to play the game.
not to a 3rd level team in a circus sideshow like he did last year - a real Euro team. Even then, he probably ends up on one of their B level squads for a while, because LiAngelo is not good enough to play on a good Euro teams top squad.
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

“The Lavar effect was real”...what does that even mean? The brother of one of your players tried out and the family had hopes he’d get an invite. Instead of just not telling him and ingoring him, which would be normal, they gave him a courtesy call because Lonzo is on the team. How is that the “Lavar effect”, that’s conducting business in a professional and thoughtful way.

Momo is really starting to get on my nerves...just report the news, we don’t need to hear your pointless spin.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject:

https://sports.yahoo.com/skills-trainer-drew-hanlen-76ers-guard-markelle-fultz-yips-completely-forgot-shoot-204147182.html

This guy should work with Lonzo.
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject:

He should just join his brother in the BBL....

The level of play is potentially worse than average level high school
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Zo should look into doing this too instead of eating bowls of cheese.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:35 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
https://sports.yahoo.com/skills-trainer-drew-hanlen-76ers-guard-markelle-fultz-yips-completely-forgot-shoot-204147182.html

This guy should work with Lonzo.

If Hanlen can stop both Zo and Fultz from being a couple of basket cases on the FT line, he'd be in the trainer Hall of Fame (if there was one).

Read this quote from the article. Hanlen definitely isn't coddling Fultz lol: "Even though I do give him trouble on a daily basis, and remind him that I still believe that Jayson Tatum was the best player in that draft."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1066, 1067, 1068 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1067 of 1688
Jump to: