OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
The Laker core is overrated here. If these players were as good as Towns, Butler, etc. the FO wouldn't be signing so many veteran stopgaps to play heavy minutes in LeBron's first season. It should be ready to go.

They probably are overrated on this forum. But signing stop gaps is more about being able to sign another max guy
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
The Laker core is overrated here. If these players were as good as Towns, Butler, etc. the FO wouldn't be signing so many veteran stopgaps to play heavy minutes in LeBron's first season. It should be ready to go.

Or they just signed depth instead of trading those guys for other players. The Twolves were not a good team without Butler last year.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:

I mean they wouldn’t trade them for PG or Kawhi and they have to fill out the roster with one year deals to add another max next year. What would you rather them do? Also Lonzo, BI, Kuz are going to get the heavy minutes.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
No Towns is a proven loser. He has had plenty of time now in the league and he just does not get it on the defensive end. Lonzo Ball is a better defender than Towns.

I am not a big KAT fan, but in fairness, he improved a lot on defense last year. I doubt that he will ever become a top defensive center, but he could wind up being above average. He’s already a top offensive center. I just think he was born twenty years too late.
why would Kat not become a top defensive center when that was the #1 thing everyone talked about aside from his versatility. they spoke highly about his ability to play great defense and his speed/quicks/agility at that height could really lock people/teams up on defense. so are you saying you dont think KAT will ever mentally lock in enough to be a top defender?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
No Towns is a proven loser. He has had plenty of time now in the league and he just does not get it on the defensive end. Lonzo Ball is a better defender than Towns.

I am not a big KAT fan, but in fairness, he improved a lot on defense last year. I doubt that he will ever become a top defensive center, but he could wind up being above average. He’s already a top offensive center. I just think he was born twenty years too late.

I see Kat as a bigger version of Kevin Love but with significantly more upside.

His offensive game fits today's NBA perfectly. Defense is just a matter of effort and mental toughness. Does he have that in him? I believe being on a team with Lebron will keep him motivated on that end.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/mike_bresnahan/status/1042179452690620416?s=21
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:

It is s a custom at Lakersground that we overrate young players until the actual season starts. Once the season starts we compensate by being negative. Over the course of a full year, it averages out to be about right.

--Anonymous
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Safe to say we screwed this one up. It's been 6 months and he can't play 5 on 5 yet? Great start.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/mike_bresnahan/status/1042179452690620416?s=21

https://twitter.com/lakersnation/status/1042182768510218240?s=21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

It is s a custom at Lakersground that we overrate young players until the actual season starts. Once the season starts we compensate by being negative. Over the course of a full year, it averages out to be about right.

PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Guilty as charged. At least this way by the end of the year I can say I was correct regardless of how they played.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Our medical staff back on their BS. Who remembers last year when a one week injury would turn into weeks or months? See: Lonzo, Ingram. Lonzo not being ready for training camp to play 5 on 5 means he's probably out t'ill December.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka said he'd be ready to go fully for training camp right?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

Lakers will need to decide on his Lakers future if he can’t stay healthy.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I don't think we'll see Lonzo until November and he'll come off the bench until he's in game shape/out plays Rondo. Very smart move by Maginka to sign Rondo, they must have known Zo's injury would sideline him to start the season.

And Yes, our medical staff has been second rate for a long time now. Going all the way back to when they completely (bleep) up Karl Malone's diagnosis

Last edited by The Juggernaut on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Good thing we got Rondo.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
I don't think we'll see Lonzo until November and he'll come off the bench until he's in game shape/out plays Rondo. Very smart move by Maginka to sign Rondo, they must have known Zo's injury would sideline him to start the season.

And Yes, our medical staff has been second rate for a long time now. Going all the way back to when they completely (bleep) up Karl Malone's diagnosis

He’ll play in the season opener. A rumor cane out that he isn’t ready for 5v5 scrimmaging to start the season, no need to overreact.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Good thing we got Rondo.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

Were does it say Ball won’t play when the season starts? They haven’t even ruled him out of preseason yet..
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Then again, ESPN rates LeBron, Kuzma, Ingram, Ball and KCP all in the top 100 impact players in the NBA for this upcoming season.

Sounds like the Laker core is overrated by ESPN as well.

And by LeBron James.

Or maybe they're not overrated.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

I said this last year and until I see otherwise, Lonzo has Embiid level injury prone issues to me.

Let’s hope that’s not the case, but it always seems to be something.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

I said this last year and until I see otherwise, Lonzo has Embiid level injury prone issues to me.

Except Lonzo hasn't sat out for two straight seasons to start his career.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

So, judging from the comments on this page, is there a recent update on Lonzo's knee that I missed? I thought the plan was for him to participate in training camp and preseason games. Has anyone said anything to the contrary?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Except Lonzo hasn't sat out for two straight seasons to start his career.

That’s fine. Let’s see what happens.

We can agree to disagree. Embiid level to me is that there is always issue with injury whether an entire season is missed or not.

He missed way too much time last season and so we will see how it goes moving forward.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

any reason you believe that besides the missed games? or just a gut feeling? If it is because of the missed games, then I would have to question Ingram also, because he was not far behind Ball.

If I had to guess, I think it is more about some of these very young adults bodies are just not mature/strong enough to hold up 82+ games in a grown mans league. DLo, Ingram and Ball were all drafted very young....thrust into major roles, and all have had injury issues. Randle came in stronger than most 25 year olds in the league, Nance's injuries were more accident related type injuries....but JC, Hart, and Kuzma all seem to avoid the injury bug.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1161, 1162, 1163 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1162 of 1688
Jump to: