OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1162, 1163, 1164 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Misread that.

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

[quote="TooMuchMajicBuss"]So, judging from the comments on this page, is there a recent update on Lonzo's knee that I missed? thought the plan was for him to participate in training camp and preseason games. Has anyone said anything to the contrary?quote]

No they haven’t, they only said he might not play at the start of the preseason.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

@mike_bresnahan

Quote:
Lonzo Ball (knee) won’t be ready for 5-on-5 scrimmages when training camp starts next week, Luke Walton told @SpectrumSN

Ball has done 1-on-1 drills, Walton said, but Lakers won’t “rush him back at all.”

Full Walton interview with @geeter3 airs Wednesday at 8 pm on @SpectrumSN
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I don't think we'll see Lonzo until November and he'll come off the bench until he's in game shape/out plays Rondo. Very smart move by Maginka to sign Rondo, they must have known Zo's injury would sideline him to start the season.

And Yes, our medical staff has been second rate for a long time now. Going all the way back to when they completely (bleep) up Karl Malone's diagnosis

I said this last year and until I see otherwise, Lonzo has Embiid level injury prone issues to me.

Let’s hope that’s not the case, but it always seems to be something.

any reason you believe that besides the missed games? or just a gut feeling? If it is because of the missed games, then I would have to question Ingram also, because he was not far behind Ball.

If I had to guess, I think it is more about some of these very young adults bodies are just not mature/strong enough to hold up 82+ games in a grown mans league. DLo, Ingram and Ball were all drafted very young....thrust into major roles, and all have had injury issues. Randle came in stronger than most 25 year olds in the league, Nance's injuries were more accident related type injuries....but JC, Hart, and Kuzma all seem to avoid the injury bug.

Ingram took a lot more abuse because of his style of play, imo.

Obviously there is something to be said for being underdeveloped physically for the rigors of the NBA but I don’t know just seems with Lonzo it’s always an injury or issue. Some players tend to always have injury issues.

Lonzo has bulked up so let’s see if that helps. I would love to be wrong.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
@mike_bresnahan

Quote:
Lonzo Ball (knee) won’t be ready for 5-on-5 scrimmages when training camp starts next week, Luke Walton told @SpectrumSN

Ball has done 1-on-1 drills, Walton said, but Lakers won’t “rush him back at all.”

m

It sounds more like there being cautious rather then Ball dealing with a lingering injury.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/mike_bresnahan/status/1042179452690620416?s=21

https://twitter.com/lakersnation/status/1042182768510218240?s=21

Disappointing, but not surprising.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
defense wrote:
Same shot but who cares as long as it goes in

Looks different to me.

The difference is minimal to my eye but like i said i don't care how he shoots as long as he makes a good percentage.

Still on the left side of his body
Still bringing it down then up
Probably still has that excessive leap forward but that won't show in practice.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Btw

Didn't those a-holes say he would be ready for training camp?

Killing my vibe Lakers
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Btw

Killing my vibe Lakers

I always add 4 weeks at a minimum to the initial return to action projection when it relates to a knee issue. That adjustment has been correct far more than it has been wrong.

***btw, it is not something I came up with....heard someone say it over the years and do not even recall who it was....but after I heard it, I was surprised how accurate it appeared.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I always add 4 weeks at a minimum to the initial return to action projection when it relates to a knee issue. That adjustment has been correct far more than it has been wrong.

***btw, it is not something I came up with....heard someone say it over the years and do not even recall who it was....but after I heard it, I was surprised how accurate it appeared.

I am going to remember this.

--Anonymous
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Btw

Killing my vibe Lakers

What’s the rush? Can someone explain it to me? We have a very reliable PG who can hold the thorn until he gets back, and it doesn’t sound like it’s serious.. it also gives Rondo a chance to run with the 1st unit, I wouldn’t be shocked if Ball gets back in the last few preseason games to get his game conditioning up to speed until our opener against Portland.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject:

FO and Luke might be expecting to have some intense 5v5 right off the bat as well, which is exciting and another reason not to rush.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Again, for those who aren't aware, he threw a lob off the backboard to himself and dunked it yesterday at the practice facility. It's not like he's on crutches. He must be at a point in his recovery where he's feeling pretty good if he can do stuff like that. It's not the end of the world that he isn't ready for five on five. He'll still be participating. Unless the Lakers specifically say otherwise, I would still expect him to play in the preseason.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
FO and Luke might be expecting to have some intense 5v5 right off the bat as well, which is exciting and another reason not to rush.

Bingo, Luke has been preparing all summer to coach these guys and see what they can do in practice sessions, maybe they feel like they don’t need Ball right now to go full speed.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I don't think we'll see Lonzo until November and he'll come off the bench until he's in game shape/out plays Rondo. Very smart move by Maginka to sign Rondo, they must have known Zo's injury would sideline him to start the season.

And Yes, our medical staff has been second rate for a long time now. Going all the way back to when they completely (bleep) up Karl Malone's diagnosis

I said this last year and until I see otherwise, Lonzo has Embiid level injury prone issues to me.

Let’s hope that’s not the case, but it always seems to be something.

I have no idea how you can still think that comparison is logical. It just isn't.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Again, for those who aren't aware, he threw a lob off the backboard to himself and dunked it yesterday at the practice facility. It's not like he's on crutches. He must be at a point in his recovery where he's feeling pretty good if he can do stuff like that. It's not the end of the world that he isn't ready for five on five. He'll still be participating. Unless the Lakers specifically say otherwise, I would still expect him to play in the preseason.

Did you get to see the nice skyhook?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RYWdwpyM-BQ

Sure sounds like he can play right now if he wants, only in LG do we see so much overreaction on every news on our players.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
@mike_bresnahan

Quote:

Ugh. Having Rondo on this squad just keeps making more sense all the time.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Btw

Killing my vibe Lakers

What’s the rush? Can someone explain it to me? We have a very reliable PG who can hold the thorn until he gets back, and it doesn’t sound like it’s serious.. it also gives Rondo a chance to run with the 1st unit, I wouldn’t be shocked if Ball gets back in the last few preseason games to get his game conditioning up to speed until our opener against Portland.

I don't want to see old man Rondo play, i want to see LeBron andthe young guys
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Btw

Killing my vibe Lakers

What if he ends up giving nice passes and our young guys benefit from it?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Btw

Killing my vibe Lakers

What if shaq averaged 50?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

I can't blame the Laker FO for being cautious. Having a high potential player go under the knife for a knee problem that just won't go away on it's own warrants attention. It's one thing to be able to dunk, another to be able to withstand the nightly grind of an NBA season, especially as hard as Lonzo attacks rebounding and defense. Again, I'm glad we have Rondo, it gives us options that don't destroy a lead if Lonzo needs a rest.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Btw

Killing my vibe Lakers

You are comparing a basic fundamental skill that Rondo possesses to a fantasy prediction?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

He’ll play in the season opener. A rumor cane out that he isn’t ready for 5v5 scrimmaging to start the season, no need to overreact.

I highly doubt he plays in the season opener:
Quote:
Walton said, but Lakers won’t “rush him back at all.”

With Rondo I see the Lakers taking a very conservative approach with Zo. If he does play in the opener I can almost guarantee he comes off the bench with a minutes restriction.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Btw

Killing my vibe Lakers

You are comparing a basic fundamental skill that Rondo possesses to a fantasy prediction?

Lol I'm just messing with you
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Btw

Killing my vibe Lakers

Lol I'm just messing with you

Love you
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1162, 1163, 1164 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1163 of 1688
Jump to: