OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1163, 1164, 1165 ... 1411, 1412, 1413  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3950

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Judah wrote:
Again, for those who aren't aware, he threw a lob off the backboard to himself and dunked it yesterday at the practice facility. It's not like he's on crutches. He must be at a point in his recovery where he's feeling pretty good if he can do stuff like that. It's not the end of the world that he isn't ready for five on five. He'll still be participating. Unless the Lakers specifically say otherwise, I would still expect him to play in the preseason.


I can't blame the Laker FO for being cautious. Having a high potential player go under the knife for a knee problem that just won't go away on it's own warrants attention. It's one thing to be able to dunk, another to be able to withstand the nightly grind of an NBA season, especially as hard as Lonzo attacks rebounding and defense. Again, I'm glad we have Rondo, it gives us options that don't destroy a lead if Lonzo needs a rest.

I get that. I only mentioned it in case people heard this news and jumped to conclusions that he must be really far behind in his recovery and is barely walking or something. The point is that he's not far away. It's not the end of the world just because he won't be playing full court, five on five from day one of camp. This isn't a huge deal.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5710

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:17 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I don't think we'll see Lonzo until November and he'll come off the bench until he's in game shape/out plays Rondo. Very smart move by Maginka to sign Rondo, they must have known Zo's injury would sideline him to start the season.

And Yes, our medical staff has been second rate for a long time now. Going all the way back to when they completely (bleep) up Karl Malone's diagnosis


He’ll play in the season opener. A rumor cane out that he isn’t ready for 5v5 scrimmaging to start the season, no need to overreact.


I highly doubt he plays in the season opener:
Quote:
Walton said, but Lakers won’t “rush him back at all.”


With Rondo I see the Lakers taking a very conservative approach with Zo. If he does play in the opener I can almost guarantee he comes off the bench with a minutes restriction.


I highly doubt he misses the whole preseason let alone the season opener.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 96031
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject:

Well, good thing we got Rondo if Lonzo may take some time to get back.
_________________
Lakers most hated list: 1) Celtics; 2) Mintz.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 18032
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Judah wrote:
Again, for those who aren't aware, he threw a lob off the backboard to himself and dunked it yesterday at the practice facility. It's not like he's on crutches. He must be at a point in his recovery where he's feeling pretty good if he can do stuff like that. It's not the end of the world that he isn't ready for five on five. He'll still be participating. Unless the Lakers specifically say otherwise, I would still expect him to play in the preseason.


I can't blame the Laker FO for being cautious. Having a high potential player go under the knife for a knee problem that just won't go away on it's own warrants attention. It's one thing to be able to dunk, another to be able to withstand the nightly grind of an NBA season, especially as hard as Lonzo attacks rebounding and defense. Again, I'm glad we have Rondo, it gives us options that don't destroy a lead if Lonzo needs a rest.

I get that. I only mentioned it in case people heard this news and jumped to conclusions that he must be really far behind in his recovery and is barely walking or something. The point is that he's not far away. It's not the end of the world just because he won't be playing full court, five on five from day one of camp. This isn't a huge deal.
Makes sense, I agree. I was disappointed he isn't going to be able to participate in 5x5 right from the start of training camp, but there's no evidence that he isn't going through a normal healing progression.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 5950

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
defense wrote:
Btw

Didn't those a-holes say he would be ready for training camp?

Killing my vibe Lakers


What’s the rush? Can someone explain it to me? We have a very reliable PG who can hold the thorn until he gets back, and it doesn’t sound like it’s serious.. it also gives Rondo a chance to run with the 1st unit, I wouldn’t be shocked if Ball gets back in the last few preseason games to get his game conditioning up to speed until our opener against Portland.


I don't want to see old man Rondo play, i want to see LeBron andthe young guys


What if he ends up giving nice passes and our young guys benefit from it?


What if shaq averaged 50?


You're moving the goal posts..

IG is right here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 2170

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 29289

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.


Zo was better last year so..no
_________________
guaranteed ring in the next 3 years with Bron+Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17098

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

Starting or not isn’t really that important. Let’s see who gets more minutes overall and more closing time minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 2170

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.


Zo was better last year so..no


If the team is rolling, who cares what happened last year. Luke will roll with the team that's playing well, not appease Lonzo and his fanbase.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3950

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.


Zo was better last year so..no


If the team is rolling, who cares what happened last year. Luke will roll with the team that's playing well, not appease Lonzo and his fanbase.

You completely missed his point.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 2170

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.


Zo was better last year so..no


If the team is rolling, who cares what happened last year. Luke will roll with the team that's playing well, not appease Lonzo and his fanbase.

You completely missed his point.


What's his point?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 3950

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Judah wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.


Zo was better last year so..no


If the team is rolling, who cares what happened last year. Luke will roll with the team that's playing well, not appease Lonzo and his fanbase.

You completely missed his point.


What's his point?

That Lonzo is better. This idea that Rondo is just so much better isn't based on anything. GT just posted the numbers on the last page. If Rondo starts because Lonzo isn't ready, Lonzo will take his spot back once he's healthy.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper


Last edited by Judah on Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 5710

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

I can’t understand how him not scrimmaging 5v5 day 1 of training camp means he isn’t gonna play on opening night. This is a drastic overreaction.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 2170

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Judah wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
If Zo isn't ready by the opener, he's not getting his starting spot back. Rondo isn't giving it up.


Zo was better last year so..no


If the team is rolling, who cares what happened last year. Luke will roll with the team that's playing well, not appease Lonzo and his fanbase.

You completely missed his point.


What's his point?

That Lonzo is better. This idea that Rondo is just so much better isn't based on anything.


I understood exactly what his point was then. If Rondo and the team is rolling, I don't see Luke breaking that up and bringing Lonzo in the starting lineup. Just because you're a better player doesn't mean you automatically should start, see: Manu, Harden in his OKC years, Odom in our championship years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1622

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

Well, maybe he was better, but not now that Lonzo is recovering from injury/surgery; and this is magnify if he is feeling pain right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Crazy media overreaction to a question that Luke answered. Luke always answers injury questions the same way. He did the same last year with all the players.

not rushing him back is all luke said. He never said he is not ready.
Basically Lonzo is day to day at this point.
It is September 19th
1st preseason is 10 days away
1st regular season is 1 month away

I don't know if luke can predict the future, but why wouldn't Lonzo be at least ready for the season opener?

im seeing video of him doing stuff on the court already as of last week
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlackStarMamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 May 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject:

your gonna tell me this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1evnl__-M

no brace on knee guy. cant be ready for a game in at least 2 weeks? let alone 1 month?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22288
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
your gonna tell me this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1evnl__-M

no brace on knee guy. cant be ready for a game in at least 2 weeks? let alone 1 month?


Supposedly, Lakers don’t want him pushing to far in terms of lateral movement and whatever BS they came up with, I think he can play right now if there was a game, but sometimes preseason makes coaches be cautious with there players, good example is LeBron who was dealing with a minor injury but sat out in multiple preseason games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 9361
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Wally Pipp...

Ball best be careful taking his time coming back..

The Lakers might just find they play better with LeBron average 10 asp...
_________________
Lakers Rebirth: 2018-19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 27604
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Wally Pipp...


the name will still clear out athletic trainer rooms around the country.
_________________
"To arrive at a contradiction is to confess an error in one's thinking; to maintain a contradiction is to abdicate one's mind and to evict oneself from the realm of reality." Ayn Rand
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 17390

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Crazy media overreaction to a question that Luke answered. Luke always answers injury questions the same way. He did the same last year with all the players.

not rushing him back is all luke said. He never said he is not ready.
Basically Lonzo is day to day at this point.
It is September 19th
1st preseason is 10 days away
1st regular season is 1 month away

I don't know if luke can predict the future, but why wouldn't Lonzo be at least ready for the season opener?

im seeing video of him doing stuff on the court already as of last week

Yup. I'll worry more come October 1st.
_________________
Banana Head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2005
Posts: 8449
Location: Planet Terror

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
your gonna tell me this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1evnl__-M

no brace on knee guy. cant be ready for a game in at least 2 weeks? let alone 1 month?


Yea he looks pretty healthy there tbh. Unless he has some huge setback, I think he'll be ready for game 1.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128794
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
I can’t understand how him not scrimmaging 5v5 day 1 of training camp means he isn’t gonna play on opening night. This is a drastic overreaction.


One doesn’t mean the other.
_________________
Oh when the Saints, come marching in..........
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2017
Posts: 2170

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Our medical staff will keep a guy out with a papercut for 3 weeks. Just look at last season. Lonzo dunking doesn't mean anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2016
Posts: 3307

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
your gonna tell me this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty1evnl__-M

no brace on knee guy. cant be ready for a game in at least 2 weeks? let alone 1 month?


Supposedly, Lakers don’t want him pushing to far in terms of lateral movement and whatever BS they came up with, I think he can play right now if there was a game, but sometimes preseason makes coaches be cautious with there players, good example is LeBron who was dealing with a minor injury but sat out in multiple preseason games.
as they should be. he had this lingering knee issue most of last season. so the lakers are trying to make darn sure its completely healed and there are ZERO issues when its time for him to start playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1163, 1164, 1165 ... 1411, 1412, 1413  Next
Page 1164 of 1413
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB