OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1164, 1165, 1166 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
I don't think we'll see Lonzo until November and he'll come off the bench until he's in game shape/out plays Rondo. Very smart move by Maginka to sign Rondo, they must have known Zo's injury would sideline him to start the season.

And Yes, our medical staff has been second rate for a long time now. Going all the way back to when they completely (bleep) up Karl Malone's diagnosis

I said this last year and until I see otherwise, Lonzo has Embiid level injury prone issues to me.

Let’s hope that’s not the case, but it always seems to be something.

any reason you believe that besides the missed games? or just a gut feeling? If it is because of the missed games, then I would have to question Ingram also, because he was not far behind Ball.

If I had to guess, I think it is more about some of these very young adults bodies are just not mature/strong enough to hold up 82+ games in a grown mans league. DLo, Ingram and Ball were all drafted very young....thrust into major roles, and all have had injury issues. Randle came in stronger than most 25 year olds in the league, Nance's injuries were more accident related type injuries....but JC, Hart, and Kuzma all seem to avoid the injury bug.

Ingram took a lot more abuse because of his style of play, imo.

Obviously there is something to be said for being underdeveloped physically for the rigors of the NBA but I don’t know just seems with Lonzo it’s always an injury or issue. Some players tend to always have injury issues.

Lonzo has bulked up so let’s see if that helps. I would love to be wrong.
its not always an issue. its the same issue its been being. nothing new here. just a new report.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Damn, Drew Hanlen rebuilt Markelle Fultz's jumper. Lonzo should hit him up too.

https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/1042767835741732864
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

@splashmtn even it’s the same issue, doesn’t make it any better.

Recurring issues are just as bad, if not worse.

I’m not even worried if he doesn’t play until game 1 of 82 if they want to “ease” him back in...I worry for when he actually does get on the court.
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka said that Lonzo has been cleared by the medical staff. They are being cautious on his return to 5 on 5 drills. They will make sure he progresses thru steps like any other player returning from an injury.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

ItsJustMagic wrote:
Pelinka said that Lonzo has been cleared by the medical staff. They are being cautious on his return to 5 on 5 drills. They will make sure he progresses thru steps like any other player returning from an injury.

A lot of us suggested that they were being cautious.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Should have sent him to Germany where Kobe went for that knee surgery.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Magic Johnson says Lonzo Ball will “hopefully be back sometime in the exhibition season.” He calls Lonzo’s tweaked jumper “beautiful.”

To anyone who says his shot isn't tweaked and is the same.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Magic Johnson says Lonzo Ball will “hopefully be back sometime in the exhibition season.” He calls Lonzo’s tweaked jumper “beautiful.”

Exhibition season is considered preseason right?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Yes sir.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram
@billoram

Yes sir.

Thanks
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Our medical staff will keep a guy out with a papercut for 3 weeks. Just look at last season. Lonzo dunking doesn't mean anything.

And then when they have a real injury not address it until 6 months later

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Our medical staff will keep a guy out with a papercut for 3 weeks. Just look at last season. Lonzo dunking doesn't mean anything.

Yep. Surgery should always be the number 1 option. Always. High five!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
defense wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

If you cant tell I'm joking
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
epak wrote:
defense wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

If you cant tell I'm joking

I figured.
I'm just glad he's 100% cleared for basketball activities.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I’m not even worried if he doesn’t play until game 1 of 82 if they want to “ease” him back in...I worry for when he actually does get on the court.
i dont think you understand what i'm saying. this is a new report on the same old issue. its not a new issue. he had work done on his knee, that knee issue from last year that bothered him twice was all one issue. now its taken care of. any reports coming out about it, should only be about his recovery from said issue. thats it. its not like "here we go again he's still injured or he's injured again." thats not the case, at least not yet. So there is nothing to be worried about. Now if he's injured again, same knee, or the other knee, same issue or similar longer term issue. then me and you both will start to wonder. its the same way i felt about DLO when he was here. I didnt want to give the kid the injury prone label yet because you're super young developing/growing into your body and playing with grown men. these young dudes may start off with some early nick nack injuries in the first 2 to 3 years (See porzingis). And those issues may be completely gone come year 4+. So i think we may all have to watch ourselves throwing that injury prone label around when talking about really young guys. we see embid. and he was injured in college too. just maybe he's finally grown into his body fully and the pro training has caught up and perhaps now he's a stable guy going forward. if embid could do it there's hope for the Dlo's, porzingis', and possibly Zo's of the nba.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Damn, Drew Hanlen rebuilt Markelle Fultz's jumper. Lonzo should hit him up too.

https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/1042767835741732864
he didnt rebuild anything. there was nothing wrong with his original shot. unlike zo. fultz could shoot mid range, the 3 ball and go inside with floaters and layups. the guy was a monster scorer in college. he didnt have a funky looking shot either. sure it wasnt ray allen perfect but no one said he needed to fix his entire shot until...the mysterious possible shoulder issue that we dont know if it came from them trying to change his shot earlier or from an actual injury.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

i dont think you understand what i'm saying. this is a new report on the same old issue. its not a new issue. he had work done on his knee, that knee issue from last year that bothered him twice was all one issue. now its taken care of. any reports coming out about it, should only be about his recovery from said issue. thats it. its not like "here we go again he's still injured or he's injured again." thats not the case, at least not yet. So there is nothing to be worried about. Now if he's injured again, same knee, or the other knee, same issue or similar longer term issue. then me and you both will start to wonder. its the same way i felt about DLO when he was here. I didnt want to give the kid the injury prone label yet because you're super young developing/growing into your body and playing with grown men. these young dudes may start off with some early nick nack injuries in the first 2 to 3 years (See porzingis). And those issues may be completely gone come year 4+. So i think we may all have to watch ourselves throwing that injury prone label around when talking about really young guys. we see embid. and he was injured in college too. just maybe he's finally grown into his body fully and the pro training has caught up and perhaps now he's a stable guy going forward. if embid could do it there's hope for the Dlo's, porzingis', and possibly Zo's of the nba.

Porzingis injury is far from nick nack
...but Embiid is a great example of overcoming injury.
That being said so glad Philly and Knicks have to gamble on the long-term health of those bigs. The track record for guys over 7 foot 2 with foot and leg injuries is woeful.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

he changed it!

it looks like KD shot

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/magic-johnson-thinks-lonzo-balls-beautiful-new-jumper-will-lead-breakout-season-161728771.html
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
he changed it!

it looks like KD shot

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/magic-johnson-thinks-lonzo-balls-beautiful-new-jumper-will-lead-breakout-season-161728771.html

He made the tweaks he needed to and it looks good. Huge changes would’ve caused him to struggle a lot IMO but I love the small changes they’ve made to it. Still looks like his natural form but more compact and replicable. If he can shoot as well as he did at UCLA he’s gonna he an all star caliber player come playoff time.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

I think we will see more of UCLA Lonzo this year.
The adjustment is his shot will make it harder to defend as he won't telegraph it with the preamble to the shot.
It will most likely take him 1/2 the season to adjust to it.
Wouldn't mind seeing Rondo start the season and give Lonzo time to get over his injury and adjust to his new form.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
The adjustment is his shot will make it harder to defend as he won't telegraph it with the preamble to the shot.
Wouldn't mind seeing Rondo start the season and give Lonzo time to get over his injury and adjust to his new form.

You can’t go wrong with either guy starting. It’s gonna be so much different from last year having 2 quality PGs as well as LeBron.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

UCLA Lonzo was effective because he wasn’t going up against great PGs in the WC like he will be this year, we are gonna need a new all-star Lonzo Ball.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
laker50 wrote:

You can’t go wrong with either guy starting. It’s gonna be so much different from last year having 2 quality PGs as well as LeBron.

--Anonymous
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

I hope you’re right, UCLA Lonzo was goat status efficiency wise. I think Lonzo should start because we’re not even sure if Rondo would be here next season.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I am liking the way it is more compact and looks almost like a normal shot at times. I just hope he is shooting like that all the time and not changing it. I believe last season he would have different shots for mid-range (when he did shoot it). He needs to have it be just one shot all around.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1164, 1165, 1166 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1165 of 1688
Jump to: