OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1168, 1169, 1170 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject:

Gimme_the_rock wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Of course Rondo is the starter to start the year, Lonzo can't play yet and hasn't played in months.

Bingo. Pretty much a non-story here. And while Zo obviously put on some good mass, coming off that surgery, he's obviously not yet fully in basketball shape. He had some extra chin that I spotted during the Access Sports interview.

Felt that way from a Bron comment too in one of his interviews.

But if Zos shot is actually fixed and looks like in PS I could see that changing things dramatically.

#BannersOverBillboards
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

Between Lonzo and Rondo, I'm more interested in who will finish the games than who starts. I really liked how during Rondo's interview he said one of the things he'd like to most teach this team is how to finish games. He noticed that we probably lost a dozen or so games last season where we led in the 4th quarter.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Between Lonzo and Rondo, I'm more interested in who will finish the games than who starts. I really liked how during Rondo's interview he said one of the things he'd like to most teach this team is how to finish games. He noticed that we probably lost a dozen or so games last season where we led in the 4th quarter.

Why not both?
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Gimme_the_rock wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Of course Rondo is the starter to start the year, Lonzo can't play yet and hasn't played in months.

Bingo. Pretty much a non-story here. And while Zo obviously put on some good mass, coming off that surgery, he's obviously not yet fully in basketball shape. He had some extra chin that I spotted during the Access Sports interview.

Felt that way from a Bron comment too in one of his interviews.

But if Zos shot is actually fixed and looks like in PS I could see that changing things dramatically.

Agreed. But I am definitely looking forward to watching the lineup flexibility of Luke's approach as it plays out this season.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
That lineup of Zo, Svi, Hart, Kuz and Mo though.
Shoot and run. Shoot and run.

Forget defense

I don't think we can make any reasonable predictions about the defense of a unit like that yet. First of all, Mo won't be playing much yet, so take him out of that lineup. Beyond that, Lonzo and Hart are capable team defenders already. If Kuz improves, then a lineup like that, but with Zubac instead of Mo, would be satisfactory, especially against other teams' 2nd units.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Why not both?

They fail at shooting FTs. Hart makes more sense.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Ziggy wrote:

Why not both?

They fail at shooting FTs. Hart makes more sense.
you have to catch em to foul em.
And another thing. Vent, if you dont want our two best facilitators to miss floor time in crucial games down the road(especially the playoffs). We need to nip this right now. meaning, let them fail and fail big over and over and over and over again until they understand the importance of it. until they realize its YOU the reason we lost last night. so then they have to make a decision. Make the d.... Free throws or go to some other team. sure we took shaq out of some games at the end. but a lot of those games he was in there til the end. you have to face your fears in order to get over them.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

i just saw video, this guy looks beefed
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Lonzo Ball “ he’s pretty much damage goods “ Joel Meyers

Did someone in the Lakers org sleep with his wife or shoot his dog? Dude is always negative on the Lakers.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

I called it last week that he won't start opening night when the report came out Zo won't be ready for training camp 5 on 5s. He hasn't played all summer and needs to get into game shape and rhythm. I don't see Zo getting back the starting spot until the end of November
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

I remember when Stu would consistently get frustrated with him, Paul Sunderland was much better then Joel
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I remember when Stu would consistently get frustrated with him, Paul Sunderland was much better then Joel

i preferred sunderland too. Joel has no excitement in him. All he likes to say is "dozen".
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Lonzo Ball “ he’s pretty much damage goods “ Joel Meyers

Car54 wrote:
Did someone in the Lakers org sleep with his wife or shoot his dog? Dude is always negative on the Lakers.

What was Lonzo being damaged goods in reference to?

If I were Joel, I'd probably be somewhat resentful of the Lakers too. Stu Lantz was frequently a jerk to him on air for no reason and Billy MacDonald pretty much stabbed him in the back to get his job.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Lonzo Ball “ he’s pretty much damage goods “ Joel Meyers

CandyCanes wrote:
Car54 wrote:

If I were Joel, I'd probably be somewhat resentful of the Lakers too. Stu Lantz was frequently a jerk to him on air for no reason and Billy MacDonald pretty much stabbed him in the back to get his job.

He was talking about his injury. Then a few moments ago someone called and got in their sass about the Lakers then they went from him being damaged goods to rondo and Lebron is mesh so well Lonzo is gonna be left out when he’s healthy. lol
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject:

You must remember that Lonzo is only TWO years out of high school.
Rondo is 32 and has been in the NBA with good success. He has a ring and is known to be one of the best playmakers. Why not use him while Lonzo is recovering?
The Lakers have to take the long term view in Lonzo's recovery and development.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Lonzo Ball “ he’s pretty much damage goods “ Joel Meyers

CandyCanes wrote:
Car54 wrote:

He was talking about his injury. Then a few moments ago someone called and got in their sass about the Lakers then they went from him being damaged goods to rondo and Lebron is mesh so well Lonzo is gonna be left out when he’s healthy. lol
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

pure asswipe
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pure asswipe

except this asswipe ain't "pure"!!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject:

I always never liked Joel
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
pure asswipe

except this asswipe ain't "pure"!!

Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

When Joel was here I hated him even more than I hated Stu, but probably not as much as Stu hated him. When I've listened to him with New Orleans, he doesn't seem bad at all and he doesn't do the things that annoyed me when he was here. I think his attempt to blend in with Stu just made him unlikeable. Stu needs a guy like Billy who will defer to him and take his abuse.

Unfortunately I can never get the NO feed when they play the Lakers so I have no idea if he has been bitter about them since his termination.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Lonzo Ball “ he’s pretty much damage goods “ Joel Meyers

CandyCanes wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Plus he (and Spero) left because the Lakers constricted their ability to work other sports.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Judah wrote:
This would be an incredibly stupid move on DM's part. If more people become aware of this Luke will never give him an inside scoop ever again. So you at least have to wonder if Luke really said that, or if McMenamin misinterpreted whatever it was he said. It[s impossible to know since we don't have footage of the exchange.

But if that's really what Luke said then it has to be related to Lonzo's health, which is concerning. Otherwise, all this talk about "earning" your spot is just lip service. We'll know which is true by mid October or so. For now, I'll continue to believe what they've been saying publicly.

It makes sense though.. Zo won’t be practicing for a couple weeks..maybe have a week of pre-season games to play. That’s not enough time to beat a guy out. He’ll have to take another couple weeks to do that. That’s fine, they want him to have the spot..

For a guy who said on the set during Media day that he feels great.. health-wise.. not practicing for a couple of weeks.. seems odd no?

Luke says Lonzo is "at least a few steps away for being cleared for 5v5"

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1044670658465062912

what I expected. He's not back to his old self athletically judging on that dunk vid, he said he's regaining strength..and probably doesn't play until around the season starts
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Lonzo Ball “ he’s pretty much damage goods “ Joel Meyers

venturalakersfan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Plus he (and Spero) left because the Lakers constricted their ability to work other sports.

That's what I remember...Not sure about MacDonald stabbing him in the back. Joel is pretty much an icon and it would take more than just getting stabbed in the back. I didn't hear the quote..don't know the context...but it is pretty stupid by itself. So I guess Ben Simmons should've retired after missing his entire rookie year.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

The term damaged goods usually refers to someone who is injured and won't recover completely. Is he saying Lonzo's physical abilities are permanently diminished?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1168, 1169, 1170 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1169 of 1688
Jump to: