OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1171, 1172, 1173 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I wish Spero Dedes were our play by play man. He has tons of talent, plus he seems like a great guy who is humble and approachable.

I used to listen to his play by play on Sirius when I worked nights and had to be to work before the game would end lol
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Lonzo with some new ink: https://www.instagram.com/p/BoKfUu2AnHZ/?hl=en

something about Lonzo just annoys the hell out of me... feels like he's trying way too hard.

ps- this wasn't here yesterday so given tattoos require some (minimal) down time before perspiration and activity, not the best look considering the timing is the day of training camp

I think he's impressionable but I like Lonzo.

I'm surprised nobody think he will have a sophomore slump. I think he might struggle this year but will be a monster in his third year.

Because he sucked at things that a lot of rookies struggle with and improve a lot in their second year. See BIs drastic improvement as a shooter and finisher as an example. The things he did well, aren’t things that tend to be streaky, you have them or you don’t.

Why do you think he’ll have a sophomore slump?

Putting it this way makes it seem like you are ignoring the tremendous amount of work BI put in. BI didn't get better because days passed on the calendar, he got better because he put in a lot of work. Just a reality of having knee surgery in the offseason, not calling Lonzo anything less than a hard worker, but he was physically prohibited from putting in BI level work this summer. You are discounting the effect of the work BI put in to his game if you think Lonzo will improve similarly just because time passed by.

I think it had more to do with experience than anything which is why a lot of players improve a lot first to second year. Obviousky being injured doesn’t help and it wouldn’t be surprising if he started slow but I think it’s a safe bet to assume he’ll be a much better player next year.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

something about Lonzo just annoys the hell out of me... feels like he's trying way too hard.

ps- this wasn't here yesterday so given tattoos require some (minimal) down time before perspiration and activity, not the best look considering the timing is the day of training camp

I think he's impressionable but I like Lonzo.

I'm surprised nobody think he will have a sophomore slump. I think he might struggle this year but will be a monster in his third year.

Because he sucked at things that a lot of rookies struggle with and improve a lot in their second year. See BIs drastic improvement as a shooter and finisher as an example. The things he did well, aren’t things that tend to be streaky, you have them or you don’t.

Why do you think he’ll have a sophomore slump?

Putting it this way makes it seem like you are ignoring the tremendous amount of work BI put in. BI didn't get better because days passed on the calendar, he got better because he put in a lot of work. Just a reality of having knee surgery in the offseason, not calling Lonzo anything less than a hard worker, but he was physically prohibited from putting in BI level work this summer. You are discounting the effect of the work BI put in to his game if you think Lonzo will improve similarly just because time passed by.

I think it had more to do with experience than anything which is why a lot of players improve a lot first to second year. Obviousky being injured doesn’t help and it wouldn’t be surprising if he started slow but I think it’s a safe bet to assume he’ll be a much better player next year.

After a caller ripped his Pels and told him asked him how they’re going to replace what Rondo gave them then him and Legler started saying we should trade Lonzo because Rondo is starting and there’s not gonna be any playing time for Lonzo to share the floor with Lebron but these same Haters think Dennis Shroder and Westbrook is good for the OKC lol
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Who cares if he got tatted last night. It aint a big deal. Trying to hard to do what? Haters gonna hate i guess.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Who cares if he got tatted last night. It aint a big deal. Trying to hard to do what? Haters gonna hate i guess.

yeah... haters gonna hate. you got me
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Something about Lonzo getting a tattoo annoys the hell out of you? You're the one trying too hard just to hate on someone
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:06 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

It is kinda alarming that you have issue what another man who you don’t know on personal level puts on there body .
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

It is kinda alarming that you have issue what another man who you don’t know on personal level puts on there body .

I believe the issue was with the timing of the tat, not the tat itself.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:16 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:
2019 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I believe the issue was with the timing of the tat, not the tat itself.

No one had issue when kuz was getting tats throughout the season Last year . There shouldn’t be any issues with these kids personal life’s . If it’s not affecting them on the court tbh .
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:47 am    Post subject:

Now Josh Hart needs to get a face tattoo to keep up with the young core.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:

So you must also hate everyone else on the team for their tats also.

2019 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject:

If a new tat is going to give him more confidence then who's to say whether it's good or bad?
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

I think his tats are a good thing and a good sign, his dad hates tats so I kinda see it as defiance against his dad and becoming his own man. Which is good for him and the Lakers
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
If a new tat is going to give him more confidence then who's to say whether it's good or bad?

Whether it's good or bad for Lonzo I cant say but why get that tattoo on you? I mean its not the worst but damn you have all the money in the world, go to one of the winners of ink masters and get a really nice tattoo
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

You don't understand. He should have gotten the one they wanted.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
I think his tats are a good thing and a good sign, his dad hates tats so I kinda see it as defiance against his dad and becoming his own man. Which is good for him and the Lakers

Yeah, it would be great to see Zo escape his pop's shadow.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

I wonder how his first practice went last night (2nd Lakers practice of the day).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Have you guys already forgotten how Luke thought starting Loul Deng the start of last season and playing Andrew Bogut over more productive players was a good idea?

This is pretty much Luke operating like he always has.

Playing Andrew Bogut was a good idea. We could’ve benefited from him getting more time.

Yes, that worked for us.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I wish Spero Dedes were our play by play man. He has tons of talent, plus he seems like a great guy who is humble and approachable.

Our business unit put an end to Spero’s career here
PROPHET
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

That's next level thinking right there.. I like it...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I wonder how his first practice went last night (2nd Lakers practice of the day).

He didn't attend. He had to get some color work done on his sleeve.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:

That's a shame
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
2019 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Lonzo lived in a family structure that did not promote individual expression...that's pretty obvious with how his Father conducts himself.

As a result Zo has had next to know time to ask himself who he is independent of anyone else. Add on that now he's a father and a highly scrutinized 20 year old professional athlete with the keys to the most prestigious team in professional sports...

That's a lot for a young mind.

Tattoo's often act as reminders for people who have them...reminders of where we've been, what we've been through, and who we are.

It's easy to criticize people we don't know them...it's more fulfilling to attempt to understand them and what they may be going through when the person is obviously on the path of their own personal discovery imo.

Why? because that level of empathy helps further us along our own journey of personal discovery.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Got proof?

#BannersOverBillboards
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
epak wrote:

Got proof?

For a joke? Loads!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1171, 1172, 1173 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1172 of 1688
Jump to: