OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1204, 1205, 1206 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Let's just compare two Lakers: Kobe and Lonzo

Yeah, let's compare Zo to the most obsessive player ever, seems fair...

Can't compare Zo's desire to win to Kobe's. KB was simply on another level. However, Zo's competitiveness compared to other stud PGs? Kid has a lot going for him, but I do see less fire than Lillard, Wall, Kyrie, Kemba and a lot of the other current elites.

In other words, guys who shoot and score a lot. That's not Lonzo and never will be. Anyone who wants him to be that kind of player will always be disappointed.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:51 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
durden-tyler wrote:
methdxman wrote:
Let's just compare two Lakers: Kobe and Lonzo

Yeah, let's compare Zo to the most obsessive player ever, seems fair...

Can't compare Zo's desire to win to Kobe's. KB was simply on another level. However, Zo's competitiveness compared to other stud PGs? Kid has a lot going for him, but I do see less fire than Lillard, Wall, Kyrie, Kemba and a lot of the other current elites.

In other words, guys who shoot and score a lot. That's not Lonzo and never will be. Anyone who wants him to be that kind of player will always be disappointed.

Yeah. People are confusing making flashy moves and scoring a lot with desire to win.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Bol wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Yeah. People are confusing making flashy moves and scoring a lot with desire to win.

Well, it's not really scoring. Guys like Rondo and JKidd are not potent scorers, but also have a competitiveness in their mental makeup I don't really see from Zo.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

I only saw the first three quarters of the game. It sounds like Ball must have played more in the fourth. Anyway, I was watching Ball for signs of the traits that get hyped around here -- elite court vision, yada yada yada. Last night, at least, I sure didn't see it. He wasn't even very active. One game proves nothing, but that was pretty underwhelming, even accounting for the surgery.

On the offensive end, Rondo is a much better option at the moment. Rondo looked like a defensive liability, but Ball was not significantly better. Rondo played like a driver, while Ball played like a passenger.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball said he's still trying to get his wind and conditioning back after what was just his third game since the end of last March.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:37 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
danzag wrote:
Bol wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Well, it's not really scoring. Guys like Rondo and JKidd are not potent scorers, but also have a competitiveness in their mental makeup I don't really see from Zo.

You want him to be a loudmouth, which he's not. If you don't see his effort and his commitment when he's defending and pushing the pace like crazy, I don't know what you see.

I wonder what you'd think about Tim Duncan and his demeanor, back in the day.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

The people who say he’s being inactive should try watching on the defensive end. Per usual he was missed on multiple open opportunities by Lance, Kuz and once by Hart. He needs to be more aggressive regardless though.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
danzag wrote:
Bol wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

You want him to be a loudmouth, which he's not. If you don't see his effort and his commitment when he's defending and pushing the pace like crazy, I don't know what you see.

Love the Tim Duncan comparison quiet but deadly , a stoic persona kinda fits Lonzo He doesn't quite fit the mold of the traditional PG of being very vocal and aggressive
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
If someone could put together a gif of Lonzo pushing down Stephenson, I'd give him or her all of my LG points. It happened on defense in the second half.

All my LG points
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject:

His jumper looks almost identical to last season
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

*sigh*
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

I did notice he wasnt going straight up and down on his shot like preseason. Went back to that out of control landing in a different spot shot. Only one game. I expect him to go back to his preseason shot once he gets conditioned to game speed again.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

I did notice he wasnt going straight up and down on his shot like preseason. Went back to that out of control landing in a different spot shot. Only one game. I expect him to go back to his preseason shot once he gets conditioned to game speed again.

And still ball dropping
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

2-2 from the FT line btw.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
2-2 from the FT line btw.

Thats a start I'm hoping for a big improvement 65 to 70% at least
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:45 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Ball is being wasted playing with the bench. Every minute he plays with Lance is a waste of playing/developing time.

Or..it could have the opposite effect. It should help him in the long run actually. Playing with 'lesser' teammates should sharpen his decision making and encourage him to be more assertive..thats the theory anyway
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

Can Lonzo be the 6’6 version of Ben Simmons especially if his J isn’t falling?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Not a chance. Simmons attacks the basket like Lebron does. Lonzo just can't do that because of his size and strength.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

No, not enough size or dexterity around the rim, but Lonzo should easily be a better perimeter shooter than Simmons
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
danzag wrote:
Bol wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:

Love the Tim Duncan comparison quiet but deadly , a stoic persona kinda fits Lonzo He doesn't quite fit the mold of the traditional PG of being very vocal and aggressive

Silent but deadly.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

GT and Darius did warn us a few weeks back that he'd probably revert back when it's in a real game. That was to be expected. It takes time for that muscle memory to become 2nd nature, and he just hasn't played enough games yet (duh). I do see an effort to get his feet under him when he goes up for the shot though.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

No, not enough size or dexterity around the rim, but Lonzo should easily be a better perimeter shooter than Simmons

They both suck in this regard though...Simmons is amazing around the hoop, Lonzo is allergic to scoring in the paint.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Not a chance. Simmons attacks the basket like Lebron does. Lonzo just can't do that because of his size and strength.

Ben Simmons is a freak of nature. When he's going full speed in the open court, man, it's like adults playing with children.

Ben Simmons is a jumper away from putting up LeBron like #s.

I'm talking 25-8-8

Right now, he's probably 17-8-8

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject:

should of traded him when we had the chance.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

They both suck in this regard though...Simmons is amazing around the hoop, Lonzo is allergic to scoring in the paint.

Suck is relative when one guy was mediocre at it and the other guy didn't even try it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1204, 1205, 1206 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1205 of 1688
Jump to: