OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1205, 1206, 1207 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
should of traded him when we had the chance.

How much money would it take to have you never post in this thread or about Lonzo Ball in any thread on this website ever again?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:

I think the Lakers were trying to trade Ball, especially when someone leaked the report about Ball’s surgery... This FO hasn’t been shy about making trades, and like LouWill, DLO, Clarkson, Nance, and Randle (letting him go)... where there’s smoke, there’s fire. I’m willing to bet the Ball rumors are true, to what extent is the question. They could be feelers or they could be serious.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

I could see Lonzo being traded later on for a big name. He'll be the causality. Not Ingram.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
I could see Lonzo being traded later on for a big name. He'll be the causality. Not Ingram.

You could be right There was a reason they brought Rondo here not to just teach him to be better but to also light a fire under him to be more aggressive and become more of a leader This a big year for him and it wouldn't surprise me if he's dealt if he doesn't become the player they want him to be.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:

It seems to me that Lonzo's value around the league is low. We would have more to gain by just keeping him than anything we'd get in return.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

Like Pete says on the LFR podcast...having Lonzo in there with Lance was a horrible idea because the ball just stops and it doesn't allow him to do his thing.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

We shouldn't draft Lonzo in the first place. At least we don't looks as bad as the Sixers. Lonzo looks so small last night and not even effective. Magic is trying to save face by not trading him. Lonzo has a long way way to go to catch Tatum.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Losing confidence in Lonzo because Magic did seem to switch up on him in that First Take interview yesterday. #2 picks have been cursed for awhile now.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
Like Pete says on the LFR podcast...having Lonzo in there with Lance was a horrible idea because the ball just stops and it doesn't allow him to do his thing.

Yep! Great coaching from Luke.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject:

Wow...after just one game.....wolves coming out from everywhere
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

It might take him a while to adapt but once he does, he'll be a huge catalyst for our success. His jumper looked alot smoother in both the makes, he made both his freethrows and his misses at the rim looked better then last year to me. You can see that he's clearly still getting adjusted after the injury and it's only his second year.

I could however see Rondo for atleast half a season, he's pretty effective right now. Lonzo's minutes should increase regardless but it like a Seflosha/Harden type of situation.

He's still our point guard of the future, he's not getting traded and once he gets adjusted he's going to play like our 2nd or 3rd best player easily. It's not like he forgot how to do all the things he did well last year (passing, defense, advanced stats, impact etc.) and that level Lonzo already is our second best player. If his scoring game comes along, he's going to be a problem
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

You could be right There was a reason they brought Rondo here not to just teach him to be better but to also light a fire under him to be more aggressive and become more of a leader This a big year for him and it wouldn't surprise me if he's dealt if he doesn't become the player they want him to be.

The frustrating thing is it looks like that don't want him to be the player they drafted him to be. Coming off the bench to be catch & shoot perimeter guy ins't who he is.

But, Rondo is a better player than Lonzo at this point. He also appears to be a true leader on the floor. So, unless they're going to play these guys 24 minutes a piece, I don't think Lonzo will have the opportunity to show his progression.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
watchME wrote:

How much money would it take to have you never post in this thread or about Lonzo Ball in any thread on this website ever again?

How dare you!
The internet would be nothing without OP's great insight on basketball and life.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

Lakers should look into moving him for Drummond
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject:

Everyone is going to see how bad Rondo is defensively in pick and roll and be begging for Lonzo within the next 5 games.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

Kid needs to up his motor in games when he isn't touching the ball much or his shots not falling. I wanna see him hustling his dick off on both ends. Luke playing him with Lance did him no favors but he still could have played with more energy. He needs to be more assertive especially vocally. He's the PG he's gotta direct traffic out there like he's Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

How...? Why...?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb2y9hmt
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:
AirTupac wrote:

The frustrating thing is it looks like that don't want him to be the player they drafted him to be. Coming off the bench to be catch & shoot perimeter guy ins't who he is.

But, Rondo is a better player than Lonzo at this point. He also appears to be a true leader on the floor. So, unless they're going to play these guys 24 minutes a piece, I don't think Lonzo will have the opportunity to show his progression.

#1 - Lonzo and Rondo played together in the preseason and last night. We should wait a few more games to see how that pairing does on the floor over more minutes, because it may be an effective pairing and give them and the team more valuable minutes on the floor over Stephenson.

#2 - A healthy Rondo is better than Lonzo coming back from knee surgery? That's what you meant, right?
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject:

True to form: overreaction ground.net.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
It might take him a while to adapt but once he does, he'll be a huge catalyst for our success. His jumper looked alot smoother in both the makes, he made both his freethrows and his misses at the rim looked better then last year to me. You can see that he's clearly still getting adjusted after the injury and it's only his second year.

I could however see Rondo for atleast half a season, he's pretty effective right now. Lonzo's minutes should increase regardless but it like a Seflosha/Harden type of situation.

He's still our point guard of the future, he's not getting traded and once he gets adjusted he's going to play like our 2nd or 3rd best player easily. It's not like he forgot how to do all the things he did well last year (passing, defense, advanced stats, impact etc.) and that level Lonzo already is our second best player. If his scoring game comes along, he's going to be a problem

Unless he's regressed, a healthy and conditioned Lonzo should start and play more minutes against opposing teams' starting backcourts than Rondo. Which means we basically agree, I'd just prefer to see Walton rip off the band-aid and get Lonzo out there as soon as Zo is ready.

Also, I think more minutes for a Rondo/Lonzo/Hart three guard lineup that limits minutes from Stephenson would be a great way to keep both Zo and Rondo engaged and on the same page regardless of who starts.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:

How...? Why...?

We need a center
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

The ball will have a tendency to stop whether Ball or Rondo is on the floor if Stephenson is also on the floor.

LeBron might have wanted Lance because of certain attributes, but the less than positive factors associated with Lance were overlooked.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject:

If you can package Lonzo and Ingram for Butler, it would be a no brainer.
DGodRussell
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:

I'm sure we'd much rather trade Lonzo than Ingram, but I doubt Lonzo has enough value left to use as trade bait for anyone of note.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Wvc0925 wrote:

How...? Why...?

We need a center

The Lakers would need to send out nearly $20M in salary to make the trade work. Lonzo makes under $7M this season.

So the Lakers would need to package KCP with Lonzo, but the issue is that KCP would have to agree to any trade due to arcane CBA rules. Recall that KCP was drafted by Detroit and left there last year without a contract offer - admittedly under a previous GM - so he may not be super inclined to go back. The other option the Lakers have is to trade Rondo and Beasley with Lonzo (after 12/15), but that would mean the team would start Ingram at PG with Caruso as his backup for the rest of this season.

Putting aside any potential on-court fit issues, Drummond will make $27M next season, which would take the Lakers out of the running for a max free agent in 2019, though they would have $12-15M to spend on a replacement PG. So maybe the following 2019 lineup:

Darren Collison
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
Drummond

Look good?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1205, 1206, 1207 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1206 of 1688
Jump to: