OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1207, 1208, 1209 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Right now, the Lakers have something very special.

Despite the score, what I liked about game 1 was that late in the game you could see the Lakers playing defense where they switched every time a defender couldn't get around a screen. Afterward there were no great mismatches that had to be double covered. Chris Webber comment on that also. There will be moments a team can get a certain matchup against a vulnerable Lakers defender, but with normal defensive resistance, it will take time to get to that point. Then there won't be much time on the clock.

This will be huge against teams like Houston who depends on getting Harden the right defensive mismatch with screens. CP3 does the same thing. The more they do it, I expect the success will grow and the tall versatile lineups will be a great advantage, like the Lakers had when they overwhelmed with Pau/Bynum/Lamar, and other teams couldn't match up.

It would be foolish to squander that ability to go back to mortal lineups that feature short guys who will routinely be taken advantage of.

Kuzma is the one limiting this now and potentially in the future. But he's a worker and I have hopes he can become competent as a switchable small-ball big, which is all the Lakers closing Lebron + yutes lineup might need.

Of course, adding Kawhi next summer would be perfect.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

DGodRussell wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I'd prefer a shot at Kawhi or Durant, but to each their own.

BigGameHames wrote:

We’re already good enough to get to the second round with more cap space and potential. That trade would be an absolute disaster.

I'm not saying the trade is great or ideal. All I'm saying is, assuming we strike out on KD, Klay and Kawhi, the trade wouldn't be awful. Would instantly fix our hole at the 5 and improve the team. There's definitely worse trade scenarios out there.

Doing this trade now is an automatic strikeout for Klay/KD/Kawhi. I'd only look at acquiring a center whose contract keeps next years max free agent slot open.

Also Lonzo Ball current & potential is far greater than his trade value, so why do it?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is better than Rondo and he will prove it. This team will benefit immensely from the ball movement he fosters once he gets enough time on the floor. I saw that the Lakers' best rated lineup last night was Lonzo-Hart-Ingram-Kuzma-LeBron, which doesn't surprise me at all. Indeed, that's what I was most looking forward to: LeBron + the young guns. The vets may get in the way for a while, but it's just a matter of time.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Can Lonzo be the 6’6 version of Ben Simmons especially if his J isn’t falling?

No, not enough size or dexterity around the rim, but Lonzo should easily be a better perimeter shooter than Simmons

They both suck in this regard though...Simmons is amazing around the hoop, Lonzo is allergic to scoring in the paint.

Ben Simmons is also a more creative passer

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

#1 - Lonzo and Rondo played together in the preseason and last night. We should wait a few more games to see how that pairing does on the floor over more minutes, because it may be an effective pairing and give them and the team more valuable minutes on the floor over Stephenson.

#2 - A healthy Rondo is better than Lonzo coming back from knee surgery? That's what you meant, right?

How do you see those two being an effective pairing? I feel it limits who else they can play with. Neither shoot well from outside, but are great at getting 4's and 5's easy baskets. Yet, if team's aren't afraid of them being open outside, they'll just double down low on the 4's and 5's.

Lonzo shot better than KCP, Bron, Kuz, Ingram and Lance last night. We need both on the floor for over 25 min at the very least. That’ll require them playing together a decent amount.

Did he???

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

#1 - Lonzo and Rondo played together in the preseason and last night. We should wait a few more games to see how that pairing does on the floor over more minutes, because it may be an effective pairing and give them and the team more valuable minutes on the floor over Stephenson.

#2 - A healthy Rondo is better than Lonzo coming back from knee surgery? That's what you meant, right?

How do you see those two being an effective pairing? I feel it limits who else they can play with. Neither shoot well from outside, but are great at getting 4's and 5's easy baskets. Yet, if team's aren't afraid of them being open outside, they'll just double down low on the 4's and 5's.

Lonzo shot better than KCP, Bron, Kuz, Ingram and Lance last night. We need both on the floor for over 25 min at the very least. That’ll require them playing together a decent amount.

Did he???

** From 3
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Did he???

** From 3

Not a good thing considering he was 1 of 4.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Did he???

** From 3

Oh ok, but 1-4 tho...guess we need Lonzo for his shooting then carry on

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

No, not enough size or dexterity around the rim, but Lonzo should easily be a better perimeter shooter than Simmons

They both suck in this regard though...Simmons is amazing around the hoop, Lonzo is allergic to scoring in the paint.

Does it matter?
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Does it matter?

I wonder who your favorite player is.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject:

kobe8One wrote:
We shouldn't draft Lonzo in the first place. At least we don't looks as bad as the Sixers. Lonzo looks so small last night and not even effective. Magic is trying to save face by not trading him. Lonzo has a long way way to go to catch Tatum.

Im just saying. I wanted Tatum. I'm sorry but Ingram has to show me something, he has to be really good. If he isn't it isn't Lonzo's fault. But I will start to think we should of took Tatum (my first choice in the first place).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Does it matter?

Lebron James. Yours?
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject:

NotHype wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Does it matter?

Or maybe he's making a valid point? Creativity doesn't put points up on the board. The most important thing to Lonzo is making the right play. Making the right play is what wins games.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:21 pm    Post subject:

ben passes do be lit tho famalam i cannot lie on these here interwebs
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

That's why I re-watch DLo Lakers highlights.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

he taught benjamin everything he know

they coulda at least waited til the trade deadline so he coulda taught Big Beezy Jr how to flick that wrist with slightly more flair

bout four sessy passes during the first 10 games of last season and lonzo wouldnt be gettin disrespected by the media so much smh
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

he taught benjamin everything he know

they coulda at least waited til the trade deadline so he coulda taught Big Beezy Jr how to flick that wrist with slightly more flair

bout four sessy passes during the first 10 games of last season and lonzo wouldnt be gettin disrespected by the media so much smh

Seriously! Lonzo needs to maximize the fake lookaway pass to lower the levels of disrespect.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Does it matter?

It doesn’t matter honestly, I’m more put off by the fact that he won’t attempt outside shots than whatever Lonzo’s deficiencies are. Simmons is 22 and stays in the tabloids, even though he’s in Philly. Zo is 20 and has an incredibly high ceiling, he’s nearly as good as Simmons is defensively already, and never shies away from a good shot despite his percentages.

Been high on him since his high school years and at UCLA. The reason why we’re a running team is because of Zo, he changed the culture of this franchise, I’m more than happy to have him.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Last edited by Andre2K on Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Until Benjamin shoots with the correct hand he will never be a big baller folks
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Does it matter?

It doesn’t matter honestly, I’m more put off by the fact that he won’t attempt outside shots than whatever Lonzo’s deficiencies are. Simmons is 22 and stays in the tabloids, even though he’s in Philly. Zo is 20 and has an incredibly high ceiling, he’s nearly as good as Simmons is defensively already, and never shies away from a good shot despite his percentages.

Been high on him since his high school years and at UCLA. The reason why we’re a running team is because of Zo, he changed the culture of this franchise, I’m more than happy to have him.

The two of them would've been beautiful together for the next decade. Stupid Colangelo.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:

Oh ok, but 1-4 tho...guess we need Lonzo for his shooting then carry on

Not making any claim that it is "good" or "needed" just better than those players. Ingram has been shooting very poorly from beyond the arc. 1-7 in the preseason, and without sinking one in game 1.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
NotHype wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
al242 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Does it matter?

Or maybe he's making a valid point? Creativity doesn't put points up on the board. The most important thing to Lonzo is making the right play. Making the right play is what wins games.

This!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject:

It's hard for me to understand what we're trying to do with Lonzo out there. Especially when Lebron or Lance was on the floor with him.

The two players that stood out to me, that looked, out of sync relative to last year, were Lonzo and Kuz.

With Lonzo, at least there may be an explanation of simply not having played a real meaningful game in quite some time.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject:

When I saw him out there with Beasley and Lance, I was like good luck Lonzo

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
When I saw him out there with Beasley and Lance, I was like good luck Lonzo

This needs to be a buddy comedy!

Lonzo might take out all his repressed anger towards his father on Lance if they have to share too much court time together.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1207, 1208, 1209 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1208 of 1688
Jump to: