OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1304, 1305, 1306 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject:

0 points while playing 28 minutes is historically pathetic. Look it up on bball reference.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
0 points while playing 28 minutes is historically pathetic. Look it up on bball reference.

what can I saw, my boy makes history in everything.

Put some respect on that Ball Boi TM
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:01 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
Tatum's favorite player was Kobe and Lonzo's favorite player was Magic. Plus, Lavar did a great marketing job and Magic felt for it.

Right now, Lonzo is not much better than SVI

That canard again...lol....LaVar didn't control/create the narrative while he was at UCLA. The teams/Zo's play did, and MANY experts agreed he was one of the best players in the country. Maybe Zo's game just won't translate to the NBA and he will be a bust, but why do you feel the need to create a false narrative?

When Fox scored 30 something on Lonzo in the NCAA tournament, you can already tell who is the better player. Except Lavar telling everyone his son is better than Curry.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject:

Jonathan Givony for DraftEXpress said he prefers Zo to Ben Simmons, around draft time.. ..
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:22 am    Post subject:

Media get paid to write stuff like that. It's like Sam Bowie is better than MJ.

Last edited by kobe8One on Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject:

One game, good or bad, isn't going to make or break Lonzo. HOWEVER, how he plays when Rondo is out will impact his role going forward... if he's inconsistent and average, he's going to the bench imo.

This was a really really really bad one. As someone said here, you don't become the #2 pick in the draft because of defense. In Lonzo's case, it's about assists, rebounds, high IQ and being an effective enough scorer. He has to come good.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject:

kobe8One wrote:
Media get paid to write stuff like that. It's like Sam Bowie is better than MJ.

He’s a draft guy and certainly doesn’t scream shtick or ego, his reputation is based upon hitting on his projections - or else other draftnicks get trusted more. This isn’t Stephen A
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

Abysmal performance here.
Its one game, so we shouldn't overreact.

Its becoming apparent that the easiest shot for Zo is the the 3 pointer. Where do you go from there?
I dont know..

Last edited by PauPau on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject:

Everyone is saying we could've had Tatum.. & yes I agree, but even De'Aaron Fox right now is playing great too. & TBH I'd take Fox over Zo right now and for the future.

Zo in his prime will be a great defender & a high IQ guy who can play make, but I just don't see him being a "star."
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:51 am    Post subject:

DA1 wrote:
Everyone is saying we could've had Tatum.. & yes I agree, but even De'Aaron Fox right now is playing great too. & TBH I'd take Fox over Zo right now and for the future.

Zo in his prime will be a great defender & a high IQ guy who can play make, but I just don't see him being a "star."

You don’t use a # 2 pick on a future role player. We missed big time with this pick and luckily getting lebron covers up the huge blunder by the FO.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:22 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:

Its becoming apparent that the easiest shot for Zo is the the 3 pointer. Where do you go from there?
I dont know..

His 3-pt fg is now down to 36% for the season after being above 40% for most of the season. If he was a consistent shooter, I was gonna suggest the Lakers could play to his strength by making him a spot up shooter on offense and let Lebron and Rondo handle the ball-handling duty.

Now with Rondo out, we're in DESPERATE need of another playmaker. We can't just rely on Lebron and Ingram all the time. It's just not possible if we want win games consistently. It's gonna be interesting to see how much more patience Luke has with Lonzo because Luke is under a lot of pressure to win games. Will he try to develop Lonzo again next game and risk another loss?
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

Hopefully, the rough play is related to Lonzo being a new father. He's too talented to not make a consistent impact.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
PauPau wrote:

I dont know..

His 3-pt fg is now down to 36% for the season after being above 40% for most of the season. If he was a consistent shooter, I was gonna suggest the Lakers could play to his strength by making him a spot up shooter on offense and let Lebron and Rondo handle the ball-handling duty.

Now with Rondo out, we're in DESPERATE need of another playmaker. We can't just rely on Lebron and Ingram all the time. It's just not possible if we want win games consistently. It's gonna be interesting to see how much more patience Luke has with Lonzo because Luke is under a lot of pressure to win games. Will he try to develop Lonzo again next game and risk another loss?

A quandry.
I think we have a 2? 3? 4?? years with LbJ as our best and possibly 2nd best player.
I would try to make the most of it.
How we go about it from there? Everyone has their own ideas - myself included.

We ride out this season, hope the pups get better and swing away at free agency, that's our best bet in my book. If a trade comes along in our favour we pounce of course. If not - likely, we stick with it.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

Wow, that game really brought out the knives.

I'm trying to stay positive, but Ball is making it a challenge.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Ball still haven't figured out his shooting problems.
And his playmaking is not as good as Lebron and Rondo.
He does bring good defense.

But first a first round second pick there were better picks.
It is too late now.

Best that can hope for is his shot comes around.
And that he can become at least a solid role player.
Otherwise, he is Kendall Marshall again.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

Black Sheep wrote:
Had knee surgery, baby mama issues(which effects his head at young age) and fitting in with LeBron. I'm going to give him until the end of year, before I come to a complete conclusion.

Tatum had baby mama drama last season too but you can't let that offcourt stuff effect your play.
I'm just getting a little tired of all the excuses for this guy. He has no explosiveness, isn't crafty, can't score at all inside the 3 pt line, can't finish.. He will get hot from the 3 once a week or so but that's about it. Defensively he has looked very good at times but then yesterday after that airball he just put his head down and immediately proceeded to get beat badly down the court. His on court demeanor is not good and other teams see it and exploit him. The more he plays the more he's getting exposed. Mentally he is just very weak which makes it very difficult to go to battle with him. Can't use the knee injury as a crutch for that.

When Magic traded DLo he used the excuse that he wasn't a leader. Well I hate to say it but don't see a future leader in Zo either.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
DA1 wrote:

You don’t use a # 2 pick on a future role player. We missed big time with this pick and luckily getting lebron covers up the huge blunder by the FO.

He'll be a solid contributor for whatever team he plays with during his prime, but, yeah, he's no franchise player.
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

Lonzo is a bust, pure and simple.

He was a game-changing player at UCLA, but he cannot compete on the NBA level. Similar to Ed O'Bannon.

An NBA point guard has to be a scoring threat. The way to beat the Lakers is to sag off Lonzo and let him shoot. Works most of the time.

Lakers need to cut their losses.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

I have to admit and agree with some of his critics, it doesn't look good right now for him. But let's see if he can turn it around. I won't come to a full conclusion until the end of his 2nd season.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

I remember Kobe, when he was 20, shooting multiple air balls against Utah. Actually one of them was from just about the same spot as Lonzos last night. Kobe had already played way more than 60 nba games at that point too. As long as Lonzo stays healthy and stays around 40/35/60 this year I’m good. Kobe describes those airballs as a defining moment in his career, will Lonzo?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject:

Kobe could shoot free throws and dunk the ball
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I remember Kobe, when he was 20, shooting multiple air balls against Utah. Actually one of them was from just about the same spot as Lonzos last night. Kobe had already played way more than 60 nba games at that point too. As long as Lonzo stays healthy and stays around 40/35/60 this year I’m good. Kobe describes those airballs as a defining moment in his career, will Lonzo?

You didnt just compare Lonzo to Kobe ......
roboshrimp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Kobe could shoot free throws and dunk the ball

Kobe was known as a slasher in his early years. He was good at getting to the basket and drawing fouls. When his jumper wasn't falling this is what he usually resorted to. However, Lonzo has an offensive game that is lacking in almost all areas. He struggles getting to the rim and when he does he doesn't finish nearly as well as he should. This is compounded by the fact that he can't shoot. He has no reliable offensive move that he can go to. This is why the 3pt shot is the one he shoots the most, since its the easiest one (also probably by design he is left open at this distance due to scouting). Basketball reference notes that Ball shoots 7.7 times a game and 4.4 of those shots are from 3 pt land.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

Huh? When Kobe was 20, he was averaging 20ppg and outplaying a prime All-Star Eddie Jones.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

Fortunately Lonzo shoots a few airballs every night, so he will have plenty of defining moments.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1304, 1305, 1306 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1305 of 1688
Jump to: