OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1313, 1314, 1315 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artest4Three
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

I still can't believe this guy was a #2 pick. What the hell did they see in him. At least Fultz is awful.
Artest4Three
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
For now I'm just looking at him as a point guard version of Bill Russell. Great defense, passing, rebounding, team play...not so hot at scoring efficiency.

That's an incredible insult to Russell, who gets criminally underrated by the casual fans because they see his FG% and nothing else.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
For now I'm just looking at him as a point guard version of Bill Russell. Great defense, passing, rebounding, team play...not so hot at scoring efficiency.

or a Rodman
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Bol wrote:

or a Rodman

Most people nowadays would say PG Draymond Green.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Does Lonzo have Asperger's syndrome? I know someone that does and acts in a similar way. It's a type of autism but very functional. Usually these people are very intelligent but they have very programmed responses and sometimes act a goofy and not engaged. It's like they are in and out of reality in a way.

LMFAO.

I remember when we (we as in not me) diagnosed Dangelo Russell with ADHD and had a multiple post discussion on whether giving him adderall before games would work.

While we're at it, might as well conclude that Ingram has Anorexia Bulimia and Zubac has clinical anxiety.

That's a fun game

Lance and Rondo: Borderline Personality Disorder
McGee : ADHD
KCP: Addiction
LeBron: Megalomania
Kuzma: Narcissism
Chandler: Lice
SVI: Short Arm Syndrome
Wagner: Gingivitis
Beasley: Glaucoma
Hart: Perfectly normal
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

tj24 wrote:
allshot attempts from this guy are basically turnovers

Lakers should call up bonga to run the point

This.
No joke, this.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject:

hope Lonzo will get good game, so this thread get some silent from....
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:25 am    Post subject:

People gonna hate on Lonzo. But he and Lebron combined for 53 of our points.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:29 am    Post subject:

Artest4Three wrote:
Bol wrote:

That's an incredible insult to Russell, who gets criminally underrated by the casual fans because they see his FG% and nothing else.

Zo would need to find a doctor to transplant Rondo's alpha dog "passion" into him to be a PG version of Bill Russell.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:46 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:
Does Lonzo have Asperger's syndrome? I know someone that does and acts in a similar way. It's a type of autism but very functional. Usually these people are very intelligent but they have very programmed responses and sometimes act a goofy and not engaged. It's like they are in and out of reality in a way.

LMFAO.

I remember when we (we as in not me) diagnosed Dangelo Russell with ADHD and had a multiple post discussion on whether giving him adderall before games would work.

While we're at it, might as well conclude that Ingram has Anorexia Bulimia and Zubac has clinical anxiety.

That's a fun game

Lance and Rondo: Borderline Personality Disorder
McGee : ADHD
KCP: Addiction
LeBron: Megalomania
Kuzma: Narcissism
Chandler: Lice
SVI: Short Arm Syndrome
Wagner: Gingivitis
Beasley: Glaucoma
Hart: Perfectly normal

Bonga: Benjamin Button Syndrome

People with Asperger are socially awkward - not just shy - and we can see Lonzo's interaction with teammates and family are pretty normal.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:09 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
People gonna hate on Lonzo. But he and Lebron combined for 53 of our points.

AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:

Did you REALLY just compare Lonzo Ball to Bill Russell?

Dude, Bill Russell was DOMINANT. Playing good defense and being a DOMINANT, legendary defender ain't the same thing.

Lonzo has no significant value to any other team. Lakers fans are trying to paint lipstick on a pig and call it pretty.

Put Lonzo on the market and see what you get back for him. That'll tell you his real value - not the value from delusional fans who can't get over how much they overhyped him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:
Bol wrote:

Did you REALLY just compare Lonzo Ball to Bill Russell?

Dude, Bill Russell was DOMINANT. Playing good defense and being a DOMINANT, legendary defender ain't the same thing.

Lonzo has no significant value to any other team. Lakers fans are trying to paint lipstick on a pig and call it pretty.

Put Lonzo on the market and see what you get back for him. That'll tell you his real value - not the value from delusional fans who can't get over how much they overhyped him.

comps are seemingly necessary to get a player's playstyle/value understood. Bill Russell ain't it. A guard version of Draymond Green though, Lonzo can be this, with a C&S 3ball as well. Lonzo has had long stretches in games of super impactful active defense - it was even arguably the biggest factor for us winning, down the stretch of the Denver game. Zo also helped clinch that game with a stepback 3 on Jokic, Draymond can't create his own 3 even occasionally.

So there's a chance he's a better version of Draymond, no?
Draymond - no numbers but def allstar impact.

No doubt Lonzo has to improve offensively, be more of a threat, do more creation stuff... but, good analysts saw him as a SG in the halfcourt coming out of UCLA anyways. He's gotta find his role offensively in this league.
Yellow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject:

ESPN wrote:
The Lakers have been trying to unlock Ball's fire for over a year now.

Ball has admitted to having difficulty getting engaged at times -- and Rondo has been tasked with unsealing the former No. 2 pick's potential. He has been in Ball's ear to rebound, push the ball in transition and post up smaller defenders.

"Yeah, he'll try to get into me," Ball said. "Just stuff to try to get me going. He talks a bunch of trash in practice all the time, which makes me pretty mad."

"I told him, my whole life I [respond to] getting yelled at [by the coach] so that is how I respond ... if you see stuff, just yell at me. I tune into it. That is how he tries to help me out."

Can't help but feel like Ball would do better with Pat Riley on the sideline. Well, any player would do better with Riley, but you get the idea.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

Artest4Three wrote:
Bol wrote:

Good. (bleep) Bill Russell.
thenextgreat
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject:

I will say this for Lonzo and this is in no way defending his play but the kid didn't get a chance to work on his game this summer due to the surgery. The scouting reports are out. Unfortunately I don't think you see a significant improvement in his game till he has an injury free off season. Year 3 is the year everyone looks to but for him depending on health it may be 4 or 5. There is a player in there but confidence is everything and right now he has none.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

Defense been so good even Miami commentators commented on it, 3s sort of dropping... wish Lonzo can penetrate for easy layups/drop off/alleys more often
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Defense been so good even Miami commentators commented on it, 3s sort of dropping... wish Lonzo can penetrate for easy layups/drop off/alleys more often

He won't start reaching his potential until he can. He needs to stop giving up the ball too early, and learn to finish in traffic. If he can do that his scoring will skyrocket and with the defense will have to collapse. Right now defenses have no reason to guard him in the pick and roll. They want him taking jump shots, and they know if he goes beyond the mid-range he's going to be looking to pass.

He's quick enough and has good enough handles. Just needs time and confidence imo.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Baby mama issues: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/lonzo-ball-girlfriend-denise-garcia-details-daughter-zoey-video-relationship-lakers-nba-ball-in-the-family
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Baby mama issues: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/lonzo-ball-girlfriend-denise-garcia-details-daughter-zoey-video-relationship-lakers-nba-ball-in-the-family

Zo looked like a real rat on that last episode of his show...wasting big $$$ on trips to Vegas and Bora Bora while complaining he has no time for the baby...not a good look dude
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

It is too early to judge Lonzo.
Watching the game noticed that he would give up the open layup to pass to a player in traffic.
Lonzo has to practice his floater and inside jumper. On the move instead of stationary. Guarded not open.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject:

ibij wrote:
hope Lonzo will get good game, so this thread get some silent from....

One good game will not silence the critics. He needs 55 good games.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Zo looked like a real rat on that last episode of his show...wasting big $$$ on trips to Vegas and Bora Bora while complaining he has no time for the baby...not a good look dude

I’m assuming that you’ve never had kids and either been divorced or just not married at all. It’s not as simple as all that. Even if you want to spend time with your kids, they aren’t yours most of the time. You can sit at home and wish they were with you, but it doesn’t mean that you get to spend any more time with them.

Being a single dad is tough, being a 21 year old single dad is even harder. How about being a human being and stop calling some young kid in a tough situation names and have some empathy.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I’m assuming that you’ve never had kids and either been divorced or just not married at all. It’s not as simple as all that. Even if you want to spend time with your kids, they aren’t yours most of the time. You can sit at home and wish they were with you, but it doesn’t mean that you get to spend any more time with them.

Being a single dad is tough, being a 21 year old single dad is even harder. How about being a human being and stop calling some young kid in a tough situation names and have some empathy.

make all the excuses you want...he looked like a rat
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

I would not be surprised....he strikes me as a player weighed down by something off the court this season....the way he goes from engaged, to not engaged, to engaged. I do not know anything about that situation....but if there is an issue that you simply cannot always compartmentalize, it is relationship/child custody/child support (whatever you choose to call that entire ball of stuff) type of situations. On top of that, 90% of us are not well equipped for dealing with it perfectly....but 99.9999% of guys his age are not mature enough to handle those situations perfectly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1313, 1314, 1315 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1314 of 1688
Jump to: