OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1314, 1315, 1316 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Baby mama issues: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/lonzo-ball-girlfriend-denise-garcia-details-daughter-zoey-video-relationship-lakers-nba-ball-in-the-family

Zo looked like a real rat on that last episode of his show...wasting big $$$ on trips to Vegas and Bora Bora while complaining he has no time for the baby...not a good look dude

I’m assuming that you’ve never had kids and either been divorced or just not married at all. It’s not as simple as all that. Even if you want to spend time with your kids, they aren’t yours most of the time. You can sit at home and wish they were with you, but it doesn’t mean that you get to spend any more time with them.

Being a single dad is tough, being a 21 year old single dad is even harder. How about being a human being and stop calling some young kid in a tough situation names and have some empathy.

I check the box in each of those categories. Single dad from the time my daughter was four years of age. She's twenty one now. So seventeen years is enough time to make a qualified judgement.

My observations:

1.Most boys, young men, and men should not get married before age 30.

2.Some should not get married at all

3. Being with your kids, especially with the resources he has, is about priority. I've never watched their program, but if what I've just read is true, then the truth is simple to perceive: his child is not his priority. Make an argument if you like, but an old saying will suffice for me. That saying: "actions speak louder (and will always) than words"

4. He has the priorities of a typical 21 year old; explore life, meet different women, purchase whatever the f he wants (like we'd all like to do), etc..

5. Has fidelity been brought up on the show? I'd be very surprised if he hasn't. A twenty one year old man, handsome, rich, and opportunities most of us men can only dream about, is expected to be "faithful?". Yeah, ok

6. Here's my suggestion with empathy for him: take a page from a guy (Lou Williams) who shares your birthday. Lou, at least the last time I heard about it, has two women waiting for him at home. They have been fully informed what to expect if cohabitation with him is established. They accepted so there ain't no "he's cheating, or is "irresponsible" accusations hurled his way.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Baby mama issues: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/lonzo-ball-girlfriend-denise-garcia-details-daughter-zoey-video-relationship-lakers-nba-ball-in-the-family

Zo looked like a real rat on that last episode of his show...wasting big $$$ on trips to Vegas and Bora Bora while complaining he has no time for the baby...not a good look dude

I’m assuming that you’ve never had kids and either been divorced or just not married at all. It’s not as simple as all that. Even if you want to spend time with your kids, they aren’t yours most of the time. You can sit at home and wish they were with you, but it doesn’t mean that you get to spend any more time with them.

Being a single dad is tough, being a 21 year old single dad is even harder. How about being a human being and stop calling some young kid in a tough situation names and have some empathy.

You're right. Which is why it was such a poor decision to have a child given the circumstances.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

You're right. Which is why it was such a poor decision to have a child given the circumstances.
anyone that isnt 20 years old could've told him that. but thats the point isnt. he was super young and so was she. no we all didnt make those mistakes. a lot of us did the deed just didnt come out with the results. so those of us have to also be honest about our time as 18, 19, 20 year olds as well. there are only a select few of us that did it the " un " right way. So chalk this up as a youngin mistake. Yes the child will suffer because of it. As they always do. Shoot, even when people are older and end up marrying people for the wrong reasons and have children. its still going to end up harming the kid(s). This is really not up for discussion to be honest. At least not among anyone that isnt his age. Unless you just want to use this as another excuse to say something negative about him because you already didnt like him because of his dad.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

Lonzo has no excuse
Lebron had a kid at age 20 and never been called a bad dad
Kobe had children at young age and was winning chips and never was called a bad father or could only see his kids once a week

plenty of NBA players have children at young ages and seem to be there lol

its not like Lonzo and his girl live in different cities, lol hes like 35 minutes away, so not making his daugther a priority is real lame

Lonzo could get a home in LA for his girl and daughter, and move his girls' mother or even a nanny and see her every night. Their situation is weird. I think his focus is on his BBB family first and then his daugther and "gf" second
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
It is too early to judge Lonzo.
Watching the game noticed that he would give up the open layup to pass to a player in traffic.
Lonzo has to practice his floater and inside jumper. On the move instead of stationary. Guarded not open.
it's going to take 2 more seasons until zo gets a solid offensive scoring base to work with. so prepare yourselves(assuming he's not apart of some trade package before then.) Thats how NBA raw he is when he comes to scoring the ball CONSISTENTLY.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Lonzo has no excuse
Kobe had children at young age and was winning chips and never was called a bad father or could only see his kids once a week

its not like Lonzo and his girl live in different cities, lol hes like 35 minutes away, so not making his daugther a priority is real lame

Lonzo could get a home in LA for his girl and daughter, and move his girls' mother or even a nanny and see her every night. Their situation is weird. I think his focus is on his BBB family first and then his daugther and "gf" second
stop it.

you found 2 guys. 2. among how many others that are not like these 2. and who did kobe have a child with? his wife. kobe lucked up and married someone even young that wasnt like zo's child's mother. in addition kobe was a different person to boot. and truth is, we have no idea what kind of dad kobe was in the beginning. kobe was a superstar and had people around to make sure most things would not get out to the media. he didnt live in the social media era either as a young lad. neither did bron.

we only see these guys after they get a bit older and start bringing their kids out with them. we have no idea how good or bad of fathers they actually were when they first had their kids. And again then baby mama stuff gets real tricky. It doesnt make it right but its the reality of the situation. you mess around and have a child by the wrong person and it can make you look like a terrible person yourself because you dont want to be around that person or whenever you to are around one another its world war 3. that can keep some people away from their kid(s). again, doesnt make it right. its just the reality of the situation. if that isnt your story you have no idea how that would feel if you chose that poorly of a mate and that goes both ways, not just him to her but also her to him. or man to woman and vice versa.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

An interjection. It would probably be best if the conversation steered back onto Lonzo's on-court performance, instead of the off-court stuff. Since, no one on these boards has enough information, or is intimate enough with the Ball family, to make accurate and fair assessments on their personal lives.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Lonzo has no excuse

Baby momma Drama is no joke, I wouldn't be quick to judge unless you really knew her.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
An interjection. It would probably be best if the conversation steered back onto Lonzo's on-court performance, instead of the off-court stuff. Since, no one on these boards has enough information, or is intimate enough with the Ball family, to make accurate and fair assessments on their personal lives.
which was my point in the previous post. we're going off of a very small amt of information to say where he's a bad one or a good one or some where in between.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
laker50 wrote:
It is too early to judge Lonzo.
Watching the game noticed that he would give up the open layup to pass to a player in traffic.
Lonzo has to practice his floater and inside jumper. On the move instead of stationary. Guarded not open.
it's going to take 2 more seasons until zo gets a solid offensive scoring base to work with. so prepare yourselves(assuming he's not apart of some trade package before then.) Thats how NBA raw he is when he comes to scoring the ball CONSISTENTLY.

This guy is even behind the likes of DLO and JR. Done caring if he's here or not. Already disgusted by Magic's talk of leadership and having players with that mindset when they dumped DLO.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Lonzo has no excuse

It's amazing how all the Lonzo supporters find so many excuses to justify for his mediocrity. "Luke doesn't know how to coach him. He's a new dad. He's just got off of an injury. It's all in his mind."

Bottom line is he just flatout sucks. He doesn't some of the very crucial skillsets of an elite PG and we can't do anything about it. We cannot fix something he doesn't even have.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

double

Last edited by levon on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Bottom line is he just flatout sucks. He doesn't some of the very crucial skillsets of an elite PG and we can't do anything about it. We cannot fix something he doesn't even have.

You know he's played like 70 total games and is 21 and the whole reason development staffs exist on every NBA team is to give players what they don't have, right? This is a kid. We didn't sign a 28 year old in his prime for 5 million.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

I caught the beginning of yesterday’s game and thats it for the weekend. Judging by what I saw, the box score, and some highlights, he was horrid on offense while playing hard defensively. Regardless of what happened, some of y’all are ruthless. Attacking a barely 21 year old kid who’s been a dad for a few months about his parenting ability. Are you (bleep) serious? Scumbags man. Criticize the on court play. Lay off the kids personal life, it’s pathetic. You don’t know what’s happening and quite frankly you don’t know if you could handle it as well as him let alone better. It’s disgusting what some of you are doing. This is why Internet forums, comment sections, and the depths of twitter are often seen as places where some of the most vile creatures on the planet reside. Y’all are proving it if you’re criticizing his parenting while knowing next to nothing about what’s happening.

He objectively sucked this weekend. From what I saw, he looks scared to shoot and the holes in his offensive game are becoming more glaring. Talk about that. With Rondos injury he was given an opportunity to seize the job, so far, he’s done the opposite. Talk about that. But stop attacking a kids personal life that you only know about because of reality tv and some he said she said TMZ (bleep). It looks like jealousy and insecurity and is absolutely pathetic.

Sorry mods, suspend me if you must, but this needed to be said.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
which was my point in the previous post. we're going off of a very small amt of information to say where he's a bad one or a good one or some where in between.

I’m not particularly concerned with whether Ball is a good or honorable person in real life. He hasn’t done anything bad enough to make me unwilling to support him. If we started shunning players because of their irresponsibility with women and children . . . that’s all that we would have time to talk about.

However:

1. If this stuff is going to be offered up as an excuse for Ball’s play on the court, then it is fair game.

2. If a player allows his life to be broadcast on a reality TV show, that’s fair game, too.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:

EXACTLY.
may as well be housewives talking about Affleck, Garner divorce stories they read in People magazine...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
I caught the beginning of yesterday’s game and thats it for the weekend. Judging by what I saw, the box score, and some highlights, he was horrid on offense while playing hard defensively. Regardless of what happened, some of y’all are ruthless. Attacking a barely 21 year old kid who’s been a dad for a few months about his parenting ability. Are you (bleep) serious? Scumbags man. Criticize the on court play. Lay off the kids personal life, it’s pathetic. You don’t know what’s happening and quite frankly you don’t know if you could handle it as well as him let alone better. It’s disgusting what some of you are doing. This is why Internet forums, comment sections, and the depths of twitter are often seen as places where some of the most vile creatures on the planet reside. Y’all are proving it if you’re criticizing his parenting while knowing next to nothing about what’s happening.

He objectively sucked this weekend. From what I saw, he looks scared to shoot and the holes in his offensive game are becoming more glaring. Talk about that. With Rondos injury he was given an opportunity to seize the job, so far, he’s done the opposite. Talk about that. But stop attacking a kids personal life that you only know about because of reality tv and some he said she said TMZ (bleep). It looks like jealousy and insecurity and is absolutely pathetic.

You’re right. What happens off the court is irrelevant.

What matters is the on court stuff. He isn’t bringing it. Why is moot.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject:

I'm happy with Zo's overall play, so far. And, that's just real talk.

Yes, he has some glaring issues, in regards to his offensive game. But, that's to be expected. He's in the process of "adjusting" his shot, to make it more effective, and that takes time to become natural. That's why a lot of his shots are either really good makes, or really bad misses. No in between. His hesitancy to shoot exacerbates the issue. He's a passer first, by nature. Being more aggressive to get his own shot is another area that will take time to grow.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

I’m not particularly concerned with whether Ball is a good or honorable person in real life. He hasn’t done anything bad enough to make me unwilling to support him. If we started shunning players because of their irresponsibility with women and children . . . that’s all that we would have time to talk about.

However:

1. If this stuff is going to be offered up as an excuse for Ball’s play on the court, then it is fair game.

2. If a player allows his life to be broadcast on a reality TV show, that’s fair game, too.

Did he offer it as an excuse? No. So it’s far from fair game. You haven’t said anything out of line on the topic but many have. Don’t defend them by saying it’s fair game because somebody mentioned off court issues may be impacting his game. That’s a reasonable statement, criticizing his parenting based off nothing tangible isn’t. He could be a dead beat dad, she could be an extortionist or they could be a young couple that got pregnant way too soon and are struggling to make it work. We don’t know and shouldn’t discuss it.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

I just think Zo's handlers should be telling him to buy his daughter a house instead of taking a chartered jet to play in Las Vegas

if you can you do and he can AND it would make better TV
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

You know he's played like 70 total games and is 21 and the whole reason development staffs exist on every NBA team is to give players what they don't have, right? This is a kid. We didn't sign a 28 year old in his prime for 5 million.

What do you want to develop with him? His fundamentals are so flawed. Do you want to change his jumpshot? teach him how to layup? teach him mid-range jumpshot/floater? How long would it take assuming it's possible? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? Are you willing to put him in games for him to develop those new skills and risk losing those games?

"Let's make Lonzo our starting PG for the next 5 years and let's "build" around him. We should spend another 5 years rebuilding because Lonzo has the potential to become great."

Our development period is over. We are in win now/competing mode. We need players who can make an impact immediately. Not someone who's training to potentially become good five years down the road.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:55 am; edited 2 times in total
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-rookie-jayson-tatum-new-father

Quote:
Celtics rookie Jayson Tatum is a new father

shoulda drafted tatum..lol
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:

I agree with your overall sentiments... but once you agree to sell your soul by going on a reality tv for money/attention... the need for civility goes out the window. If it was the Daily Mail digging stuff up by going through people's trash and publishing second hand interviews that's one thing... but the Ball Family agreed to put their life on full display so at that point it becomes fair game.

Personally, I've never watched the show... but if they are putting their lives out there... you can't go off on people for commenting about it.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:54 am    Post subject:

Just for kicks and giggles, I looked at other teams' forums to see what they thought about Zo:

http://realcavsfans.com/community/index.php?threads/lonzo-ball.49336/

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/lonzo-ball-or-trae-young.294063/page-3

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=270847&page=49

. . . and several others. Lonzo is an NBA caliber player, certainly, but I am starting to agree that the spotlight here may be too bright.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

More excuses. BTW how many more airballs is he going to shoot this season? I think he airballed a layup against the Magic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1314, 1315, 1316 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1315 of 1688
Jump to: